Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do NICE Fleets have only Orion V and Orion VII?

Those are the buses that the (MTA) chose to get for LIB given the funds available from the county and state. Orion has a good record with CNG cleanliness emissions and good mileage, so I guess that's why they chose Orion. The specific V and VII models were just chosen given the time they were purchased and what Orion was manufacturing at the time!

I'd love to experience the Orion VIIs on LIRR shuttles on Sunrise or on the Meadowbrooko on the N88. I'd say the same for the Orion Vs but more and more of those things are sounding sick or worn out so I'm having doubts about their roadworthiness.

Edited by Joel Up Front

Do you after I attend Richmond Hill Library Rally, I went to check out Jamaica Center around 17:30 yesterday.

I recorded 100 passengers were waiting for n4 bus!!

I'm going to sent this video to NICE Bus.

Probably a breakdown or traffic delay. I bet 2 or 3 buses showed up at once. At least I hope...otherwise ppl would be fighting to get on that bus. Of course if I wanted the 4 and that happened I'd just hop on a Babylon train...

I really appreciate Veolia for trying to polish the Alcoas, especially on the Orion Vs. They look beautiful when they're clean.

What I don't get is them only polishing two wheels at a time as opposed to all four (six?) wheels. Nothing's more out of place than seeing those front wheels all clean only for the rear wheels to be covered in years of brake dust.

It was. On a whim back in 2011, I rode it all the way past RVC. There were two people other than me and the B/O aboard, and the last one to get off was an NCC (or Molloy) student who got off before Foxhurst Road.

People could transfer to the N4 by walking around the corner onto Sunrise Highway. Far quicker than waiting at Park Avenue.,

One almost-Hispanic woman told me on Friday evening, she waiting 2 hours for N4 bus.

Totally unacceptable. The breakdowns are getting out of hand, and the summer hasn't even started yet! They dont have enough money to properly maintain the buses. And when one breaks down on a busy route is winds up delaying the other buses as well. Some of these people can wait 2 hours for an n4, but I bet alot of others decided to say "screw NICE" and take the LIRR.

They ripped the old silver bus shelters down on NCC campus but repaved the sidewalks they were on. Some of those dated from the late 1980s to early 1990s...

I saw a newly rewrapped bus around but never caught the number. When they rewrap buses they normally clean the wheels up.

Edited by Joel Up Front

They ripped the old silver bus shelters down on NCC campus but repaved the sidewalks they were on. Some of those dated from the late 1980s to early 1990s...

I saw a newly rewrapped bus around but never caught the number. When they rewrap buses they normally clean the wheels up.

They still have to take down the several silver bus shelters from Merrick Ave and Corporate Drive from the old N35.

What do you mean old N35

The N35 was rerouted in 2010 off of Corporate Drive to Privado Rd in Westbury to "streamline" the service. There are still old, unused bus stops on Corporate Drive and part of Merrick Rd that have to be removed.

All of the old Bee Line (NOT RELATED to the Westchester County's Bee-line) routes (N1-N6) traveled to 165th Street. The N1-3 didn't exactly get too many riders to Jamaica as time went on, so they cut back service. Eventually, they only went to Jamaica during rush hours (in the case of the N3, it only operated during the rush after 2007 or so) and in the case of the N2, not at all.

However, anyone on the South Shore needing the N6 will have to take the N4 to the N25... not a fun trip at all. On the other hand, if anyone on the South Shore needs the (F), they can just use the N4 to the (E) and transfer at Kew Gardens.