Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

Wouldn't it just be easier to add 165th St Bus Terminal to the N4 (in addition to serving Parsons-Archer)!

It would be easy, but most likely put even more people on the line. I would make a n4L and send the n4L to Parsons-Archer as well as 165, but the n4 local would only go to Parsons-Archer

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it just be easier to add 165th St Bus Terminal to the N4 (in addition to serving Parsons-Archer)!

As someone already pointed out, the N4 used to terminate near the 165th Terminal until the Archer Avenue line opened in 1988. I merely suggested that the N6, or the N22 should be extended to Parsons Archer to give people going to Nassau an alternative to the N4.

As for Parsons Archer itself, it wasn't supposed to be a hub. I heard it was supposed to go deeper into Queens.

It would be easy, but most likely put even more people on the line. I would make a n4L and send the n4L to Parsons-Archer as well as 165, but the n4 local would only go to Parsons-Archer

More ridership anywhere for NICE is good. And this isn't an interruption at all. 165th st bus terminal would be the terminus of the route and Parsons-Archer would be the stop before and after.

More ridership anywhere for NICE is good. And this isn't an interruption at all. 165th st bus terminal would be the terminus of the route and Parsons-Archer would be the stop before and after.

More people in the overcrowding sense, sorry for not making it clear

On an NG earlier today (1710) and somehow the heat was blasting.

Are they still rewrapping the rest of the NGs? I haven't seen that many around - on the way home, I noticed all but two buses were Orion Vs.

Most likely the AC went out on it. Was any cool air blowing at all when you first got on? I was on 1730 last Thursday the AC was blowing ok and all of a sudden heat started to come out!

Most likely the AC went out on it. Was any cool air blowing at all when you first got on? I was on 1730 last Thursday the AC was blowing ok and all of a sudden heat started to come out!

Sitting all in the way in the back of those NGs against the vent can make you really hot.

Sitting all in the way in the back of those NGs against the vent can make you really hot.

I wasn't sitting back there. Others also felt the full blast of heat that suddenly came about. The ac feels great sitting in the back of the 1700's/1800's! It blows great.

The air coming from the top vents was room temperature but for whatever reason I could feel the floor vents BLASTING 80-90 degree heat. Didn't help that the grates (or whatever they are) were white hot, either, making the seats just as bad. I closed the window because I felt cold but then I couldn't open it. If it was raining or whatever I could understand but we haven't had a good rain in over two weeks.

What are the pros and cons of having the N8 terminate at Hempstead Terminal?

The (MTA) planned this at a point but it never went through...

1) Well, you don't have to get on the N6 First.

1.1) I assume you mean N8 and N2

2) Helps out the N6 maybe?

3) It's foamtastic.

I believe NICE is re-doing the LIRR stations. In Merrick, they have a new map, new schedules, and I picked up a system map for myself. Oh, and a question. Does the n71 run Sundays? According to my system map, it does.

Edited by VWM

I believe NICE is re-doing the LIRR stations. In Merrick, they have a new map, new schedules, and I picked up a system map for myself. Oh, and a question. Does the n71 run Sundays? According to my system map, it does.

Yeah, the 71 and the 72 run on Sundays

on the very bottom of their site, if you click "show routes" it still shows the n16 going to Baldwin, the n24/43 doesn't go to Hempstead, and the n78/79 still go to RF. But the n6X, n22L, and n22X have been added.

on the very bottom of their site, if you click "show routes" it still shows the n16 going to Baldwin, the n24/43 doesn't go to Hempstead, and the n78/79 still go to RF. But the n6X, n22L, and n22X have been added.

When I go to show the routes, I do see the n16 to Baldwin and the 78/79 to Mineola (not RF), but I don't see a problem with the N24 (which says Jamaica - Mineola - Roos.Field - EM) and the 43 (which says Freeport to Roosevelt Field).

The 24 goes to Hicksville and the 43 to Hempstead now

Yes, but only the N43 only goes to Hempstead on weekdays and that doesn't mean the 24 doesnt go to all the other stops as well as Hicksville.

Yes, but only the N43 only goes to Hempstead on weekdays and that doesn't mean the 24 doesnt go to all the other stops as well as Hicksville.

But Baldwin is listed for the n16 and that was a weekday only area.