Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bellmore to Syosset?

Yes-that was a Mid-Island route. MSBA(LIB) ran a route from Bellmore to Jericho(N82) in the early years. If I remember correctly,they ran to Syosset at first over the same routing,then shortened it to Jericho.

Who takes the N51? That route either has a few passengers, or is completely empty.

The N51 picks up stragglers from the 43/45.... it gets mildly better after the 11:00 class lets out because more students are either on break or done for the day and need to get to RFM.

Ridership on the n/b 7 45 trip is not that bad on the n51, at least tis better than the n45, that bus is ALWAYS empty.

There's no need for the 45 now that the 43 goes to and from Roosevelt Field via Uniondale Avenue. The 43's extension to the Hempstead Terminal and the reduction of the 45's run may have also contributed to lack of riders on that bus.

What did the second bus say? The first and third ones were going to Roslyn, but where was the second one going to?

1st: Roslyn/ Mineola Ave

2nd: Hicksville LIRR Station

3rd: Roslyn Clock Tower

Rode 1564 today on the n78. First bus since April 8 that I've seen with the Clever Devices on. The door announcement is "n78 Hicksville" and it is very obvious that it was the LI Bus announcement simply cut short. The sign was a couple miles wrong, announcing Hicksville LIRR at South Oyster Bay Rd.

Rode 1564 today on the n78. First bus since April 8 that I've seen with the Clever Devices on. The door announcement is "n78 Hicksville" and it is very obvious that it was the LI Bus announcement simply cut short. The sign was a couple miles wrong, announcing Hicksville LIRR at South Oyster Bay Rd.

Yeah, NICE has been experimenting with the Clever Devices since April 8th. I know, when I rode the N55 the first or second weekday after April 8th, the door announcements had been changed to "N55 Amityville."

Will Far Rockaway and Long Beach goers want to go to Jones Beach?

Extend N33 to Jones Beach during summer season only.

People I've talked to who live down in Long Beach would rather go to their beach than Jones Beach.

I hate using the back doors on the Orion Vs... I'm used to pressing the tape. Sometimes the doors open immediately, otherwise I have to just push the door itself open and I hate it when it slams... if the tape does respond, the B/O can just pump the brakes to get past the interlock. Was LIB's maintenance so bad that the tape just stopped working? Come on now... even the diesel Orion Vs from 1996 are running in NYC no problem. Rode the Q32 and used the back doors to get out and I didn't even push the tape before the rear doors opened.

Rode the N51 from Webster Street to Kirkwood and back. Including me, 5 people were on it southbound and 3 got off at the LIRR.

Northbound, 7 people inclding me. Was a nice ride.