SE Nassau to LGA?

I know someone posted a good way to get to LGA using public transit but I forgot it... I have to fly out on a little personal business next week, meaning the $flight$ is one me :) . Normally I don't deal with LGA, but since I'm footing the bill, I can get a flight for $100 less, and I won't have a lot of stuff to lug around, what's a cheap way to get to LGA? I live along the Bablyon LIRR line.

I'm not trying to deal with the $, time, and BS of SuperShuttle, I'm saving a hundred bucks, so I'm not trying to deal with getting to LGA only to give the $100 I saved to a cabbie....

I know someone posted a good way to get to LGA using public transit but I forgot it... I have to fly out on a little personal business next week, meaning the $flight$ is one me :) . Normally I don't deal with LGA, but since I'm footing the bill, I can get a flight for $100 less, and I won't have a lot of stuff to lug around, what's a cheap way to get to LGA? I live along the Bablyon LIRR line.

I'm not trying to deal with the $, time, and BS of SuperShuttle, I'm saving a hundred bucks, so I'm not trying to deal with getting to LGA only to give the $100 I saved to a cabbie....

Take the E train to Jackson heights Roosevelt ave to the Q33 OR Q47 depending on which terminal you are going too.

LIRR to Woodside for the (7) to 74 St for the Q33 or Q47. Or, you can take the (E) from Jamaica to the (7) if you want to save money.

Otherwise, no real quick way. If time is more important than money, catch a cab from Woodside.

LIRR to Woodside for the (7) to 74 St for the Q33 or Q47. Or, you can take the (E) from Jamaica to the (7) if you want to save money.

Otherwise, no real quick way. If time is more important than money, catch a cab from Woodside.

You don't need to transfer to the (7) if you take the (E). The (E) brings you right to Jackson Heights for the Q33/47.

You don't need to transfer to the (7) if you take the (E). The (E) brings you right to Jackson Heights for the Q33/47.

Whoops I completely forgot. That's what happens when you give directions without thinking...

none of the Nassau buses go near the airport. and it would take longer to go with the N4 and N19 instead of taking the LIRR to Jamaica or Kew Gardens station and then catching a Laguardia Airport bus.

The best way is to just call a cab or one of those airport shuttle places and have them take you.

The best way is to just call a cab or one of those airport shuttle places and have them take you.

No the best way is to use JFK over LGA like I normally do, :cool: but when I'm footing the bill for a day or two trip I'll go to LGA to save the hundred bucks on airfare. I'd rather spend the time, with SuperShuttle I think I paid $60 or $70 last time AND you could be sitting in the van for an extra hour while they pick you up other people. The last time I used them they picked me up and then all the way to Commack to pick someone up then we went to LGA! :eek: ...and cabs are a waste of money, I'm not gonna go thorugh the hassle of getting to LGA to save a hundred bucks only to pay Lindy's cab a hundred bucks for their "airport service" that's a ripoff if you ask me.

Once at Jackson Heights how long does it take to get to the airport on the Q33/47?

Funny how no one suggests taking NICE bus to a NYCT service (bus or subway) to get to the airport.

I am thinking about taking "NYC Airporter" (A Veolia Company) from JFK or PABT to LGA...

I've taken the N25 from Lynbrook to Northern Blvd.....takes forever! I wouldn't suggest it.

Then if you don't suggest it, from the n4, instead of transferring to the n25, transfer to the Q44/Q25/Q34/Q17 since they all go to Flushing

And then take the Q48. The fare one-way is $4.50 instead of $6.75. It saves a fare.

Once at Jackson Heights how long does it take to get to the airport on the Q33/47?

I've only taken the Q33 a couple of times. We got caught in traffic along Roosevelt Avenue in Jackson Heights, and then some traffic along 83rd Street for a couple of blocks, so it took about 40 minutes. I'm not sure if the Q47 is faster, since it doesn't serve Roosevelt Avenue.

I think the LIRR to Woodside and then a taxi would be your best bet, even if it's more expensive. If not, then I guess this would be your second-best way.

I would say the n19 to the n4, then the n25 to the n20, from the n20, take the Q48 bus. The ride one way will cost $6.75 . A round trip would cost $13.50

I think it would only cost $4.50. I believe NICE gives transfers to 2 NICE buses, or 1 NYCT/MTAB bus, so N19-N4-N25 is one fare, and then N20-Q48 is another fare.

Keep in mind that he'll probably have some luggage, so having fewer transfers is also important.

I ended up going with JFK like I normally do, I do wish there was an easier way to get to LGA....

If I did go to LGA I probably would have tried "NYC Airporter" to get from JFK to LGA. Maybe one time I'll have work get me a flight out of LGA so I can try it, although why spend the time and $12 for NYC Airporter when I'm already at JFK...?

I ended up going with JFK like I normally do, I do wish there was an easier way to get to LGA....

If I did go to LGA I probably would have tried "NYC Airporter" to get from JFK to LGA. Maybe one time I'll have work get me a flight out of LGA so I can try it, although why spend the time and $12 for NYC Airporter when I'm already at JFK...?

Take LIRR To forest hills then Q23 to Q48 done or LIRR to woodside for Q33 $2.25 and ur dignity

Take LIRR To forest hills then Q23 to Q48 done or LIRR to woodside for Q33 $2.25 and ur dignity

There are a lot of LIRR trains that bypass Forest Hills. Also, the Q33 doesn't serve Woodside. It ends at Jackson Heights.

The Q23 goes up 108th St towards the Q47. That ride may take a While, the subway to Roosevelt would be much Quicker.

Archived