Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

------

Would cutting back the Q44 to Sutphin/Archer and extending the Q17 there for (E) train access work?

No. Where would you layover 44's at? In addition, the (E) serves 179 St during rush hours. Let's try to get back on topic please.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. That's not a troll, and some of his ideas weren't that terrible.

2. There have been times on this thread where you have been banging your head about some notion that virtually everyone has disproved, such as "X road is too narrow for buses!" Being hardheaded is worse than just abandoning the thread (and then cursing everyone else who disagrees with you is a cherry on the cake at that point)

That's no excuse at all. If you have anger issues in the workplace, you get fired. If you have anger issues at school (and end up taking it out on other people) you can get suspended. People here get angry, but you don't see anyone else cursing everyone out at the slightest provocation (besides certain members who, if they are reading this, know who they are.)

Speak for yourself, a**hole.

More for me I think he spoke out of ignorance rather than true hate. Your gay? That is news to me then again your sexuality is not my business anyway. Carry on.

1. Why are we assuming that Vtrain is male? Is that supposed to be a natural thing or something?

2. So you don't have a problem with "the gays", but you don't want to deal with them, and you find what they do disgusting.

------

Would cutting back the Q44 to Sutphin/Archer and extending the Q17 there for (E) train access work?

Maybe if you have Q44 share it's terminus with the Q34/25/65. But the only Q17 riders that would benefit are those looking for LIRR or the (J) that may attract more ridership to an already heavy route. Cause most current riders use the (F) at 179th anyway.

Okay let's forget that jackassery happened and start a related discussion instead. What do you guys think about making the Q66 a through Northern Boulevard by combining it with the Q12 and having it run from Long Island City to Little Neck which would make it really long (12-15 miles). I know the DOT proposed it already. I have mixed thoughts about this. I think it looks like a good idea to have the Q66 serve all of Northern Boulevard but at the same time I'm concerned that it's length may make it unreliable. So what do you guys think and also I think what should be done before something like this is even planned is having limited/SBS added to the Q66.

Okay let's forget that jackassery happened and start a related discussion instead. What do you guys think about making the Q66 a through Northern Boulevard by combining it with the Q12 and having it run from Long Island City to Little Neck which would make it really long (12-15 miles). I know the DOT proposed it already. I have mixed thoughts about this. I think it looks like a good idea to have the Q66 serve all of Northern Boulevard but at the same time I'm concerned that it's length may make it unreliable. So what do you guys think and also I think what should be done before something like this is even planned is having limited/SBS added to the Q66.

It's not even about the length - an overwhelming majority of the people on those routes using it around Flushing want to head to the subway, and Northern is too far to be a reasonable transfer walk to the subway. It's a surefire way to shift all the Q12 riders to the Q13.

It's not even about the length - an overwhelming majority of the people on those routes using it around Flushing want to head to the subway, and Northern is too far to be a reasonable transfer walk to the subway. It's a surefire way to shift all the Q12 riders to the Q13.

Well that'a another problem. Although on the bright side it wouldn't have to go through that mess on Main Street, it makes it a longer walk for those who want the (7) (although people could still use it at Queens Plaza). So that is a good point.

Well that'a another problem. Although on the bright side it wouldn't have to go through that mess on Main Street, it makes it a longer walk for those who want the (7) (although people could still use it at Queens Plaza). So that is a good point.

EDIT: Disregard what I said above, actually that problem could be fixed by making buses detour down Main Street to Roosevelt Avenue then it turns around to continue on Northern Boulevard. However If the Q66 does get sent (almost certainly with a Q12 combo) to Little Neck, again I would add SBS and Artics.

EDIT: Disregard what I said above, actually that problem could be fixed by making buses detour down Main Street to Roosevelt Avenue then it turns around to continue on Northern Boulevard. However If the Q66 does get sent (almost certainly with a Q12 combo) to Little Neck, again I would add SBS and Artics.

All turns at Main and Roosevelt are prohibited. Not to mention, if you're doing that you might as well keep them separate.

Edited by bobtehpanda

All turns at Main and Roosevelt are prohibited. Not to mention, if you're doing that you might as well keep them separate.

Well it would do Main Street -> 39 Avenue -> Prince Street-> Roosevelt Avenue-> Main Street just like most buses that terminate in Flushing use to turn around (although I really think they should build an underground bus terminal for all those buses).

Well it would do Main Street -> 39 Avenue -> Prince Street-> Roosevelt Avenue-> Main Street just like most buses that terminate in Flushing use to turn around (although I really think they should build an underground bus terminal for all those buses).

But if you're doing all of that, what's the benefit of merging them?

But if you're doing all of that, what's the benefit of merging them?

Again, I didn't propose this, the DOT proposed Q66 to Little Neck via Q12 combination. The only thing I suggested was having a detour on Main Street to retain the (7) train transfer. Since length doesn't turn out to be a problem, the Benefit is that it would give Northern Boulevard a through route that serves it. But again, the first thing that should be done is add SBS and articulated buses to improve service. And at Main Street, the buses would layover for 2 minutes before continuing to either Little Neck or Long Island City.

Again, I didn't propose this, the DOT proposed Q66 to Little Neck via Q12 combination. The only thing I suggested was having a detour on Main Street to retain the (7) train transfer. Since length doesn't turn out to be a problem, the Benefit is that it would give Northern Boulevard a through route that serves it. But again, the first thing that should be done is add SBS and articulated buses to improve service. And at Main Street, the buses would layover for 2 minutes before continuing to either Little Neck or Long Island City.

DOT proposes a lot of things, not all of which make sense. There's no added benefit to a Q66/Q12 through route that passes through Roosevelt and Main, because very few people would actually take such a long, circuitous route through Flushing.

DOT proposes a lot of things, not all of which make sense. There's no added benefit to a Q66/Q12 through route that passes through Roosevelt and Main, because very few people would actually take such a long, circuitous route through Flushing.

Yeah obviously few use it end to end (well most people don't use routes end to end anyways) but to Flushing yes. However one advantage is that people who want to go anywhere past Flushing could use it without transferring but again I would only be really for it if SBS was added first at least and artics.

Yeah obviously few use it end to end (well most people don't use routes end to end anyways) but to Flushing yes. However one advantage is that people who want to go anywhere past Flushing could use it without transferring but again I would only be really for it if SBS was added first at least and artics.

A disadvantage is that you would make the route severely unrelaible. The 66's are slow, and crowded, the Q12 has it's on problems in Little Neck and Bayside, and that would create more problems then fix.

A disadvantage is that you would make the route severely unrelaible. The 66's are slow, and crowded, the Q12 has it's on problems in Little Neck and Bayside, and that would create more problems then fix.

Well that's why I'd put artics and SBS on the Q66. The Q12 gets crowded too yes I know. The disadvantages could be nullified with SBS and articulated buses.

Why does that matter to you if I talk about Vtrain. He's a f**king ass and he really needs to stop posting troll like bullshit in this forum and I used him as an example to prove CPMan's point.

I was just saying and you are cursing and bashing Vtrain out. How would you like it if someone did that to you, I don't think you would like it.

Same can be said for the 36 and the 110. DOT proposed a merger of those routes too.

You mean the Q56. Q36 and Q110 can't be merged.

I was just saying and you are cursing and bashing Vtrain out. How would you like it if someone did that to you, I don't think you would like it.

Because that guy is a friggin troll! He deserves to be bashed!

The Q66 and Q12 do not need to be merged. Both routes serve different parts of Queens and I'm pretty sure nobody wants a one seat ride to Little Neck from LIC and vice versa.

But I'm sure people would like Little Neck/LIC-Flushing SBS service though.

You mean the Q56. Q36 and Q110 can't be merged.

Because that guy is a friggin troll! He deserves to be bashed!

But I'm sure people would like Little Neck/LIC-Flushing SBS service though.

Yeah they would love it so much they would switch to the LIRR!!  :rolleyes:  But I think your version of that line is to leave Q66&12 unchanged as local buses and introduce a completely new SBS between little neck and LIC VIA flushing is that your version of that plan. All your doing is playing into Vtrain's hands.

Just add LTD service to the Q66 &Q12 done sorry about earlier others overreacted.

Are you kidding it would make the line so unreliable that people would find ways to afford the LIRR or take a 2nd job just to avoid that bus everyday if MTA is dumb enough to merge Q66 with Q12 locals that is.