100th Anniversary of Titanic

Shortline Bus

I am sure 99% of you on the boards(since i don't think anyone on the boards was yet born when it happened lol)have heard of the Titanic? On Sunday 4/15/12 marks the 100th anniversary of that lengedary ship collapse that shocked the world. I could go on for several pages the impact her sinking had including being the first 'modern' news story in which the planet (before internet, tv & radio existed)through short wave radio heard of the tragic events within 24 hours.

Here a CBS News story from few days ago about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0Ydr8fIo0

Guys if you never heard of it, here link on the history of it.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/RMS_Titanic

With that said just wondering any comments/reactions to that horrible event that even lead to the creation of the film of the same name in 1997, which to this day, still ranks as one of the most popular movies of all time? Does for instance the Titanic ship Capt. Mr. Smith deserve most of the blame as many people over the last century has done to him?

This story has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. I wrote a major orchestral work for the anniversary that will be premiered in two weeks in Philadelphia.

Last night I spent the anniversary watching Cameron's re-release of the film. It still gets me every time.

Wow already 100 years.... I heard recently, that there were plans to retrieve the Titanic from the ocean...

Slightly off topic, I know the creator of the Metal Gear Solid series, Hideo Kojima is a big fan of the Titanic movie. He like it so much that in the game " Metal Gear Solid: Portable ops" He arranged the game's theme ( Calling to the night- Natasha Farrow ) to sound similar to the movie's theme ( My heart will go on- Celine Dion ) Natasha sounds a lot like Celine too.

After a century in the ocean, I don't think it'd be possible to bring any parts of the ship to the surface as the metal is probably so badly corroded that it'll just break apart. Unlike the Twin Towers, where the land is valuable and needed for retail space, there's no need to remove that ship and it should be left as a 'grave site'.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm cracking up at Brighton7's post lol.

With that being said, the soundtrack to this movie was dope!

And Kate Winslet :D:wub:

What soundtrack trainfan? The film only had '1' classic smash #1 hit (Celine Dion)"My Heart Will Go On.' Dont confuse it with "Saturday Night Fever" Beverly Hills Cops" "Footlose" or even "Wayne's World" lol among best soundtracks of all time.

Those other mentioned movies had at least 2 or more hit singles.

What soundtrack trainfan? The film only had '1' classic smash #1 hit (Celine Dion)"My Heart Will Go On.' Dont confuse it with "Saturday Night Fever" Beverly Hills Cops" "Footlose" or even "Wayne's World" lol among best soundtracks of all time.

Those other mentioned movies had at least 2 or more hit singles.

The songs without singers for that movie is timeless. "Hymn to the sea" is one example, James Horner did a excellent job with those songs. That Armageddon movie has a simlar awesome soundtrack, one commercial hit (That arrrowsmith song) and several dope songs without singers.

Archived