Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Really (MTA)? A Police Investigation at one of the terminals so you suspend an Entire Line? You could short-turn the (G) at Bedford Nostrand, or at Smith 9th. Suspending the entire line just short-changes a whole lot of people for not a lot of reasons. 

Watch it. If they terminate a (G) at Smith-9 tonight, they might realize what a good idea that is and start doing it permanently. Please don't give them any ideas.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change Posted: 06/09/2013 11:21PM

Due to a police investigation at Church Av:

Northbound [F] train service running express from Church Av to Jay St- MetroTech.

[G] train service running in both directions between Bergen St and Court Sq.

No [G] train service between Church Av and Court Sq in both directions.

Allow additional travel time.

Uhh...what's really happening here? Someone isn't proofreading.

It seems like nobody is getting a transfer to the (G) from the (F) then. Bergen street is not an express stop currently, and there is no way to cross over to the other platform without exiting fare control.

Watch it. If they terminate a (G) at Smith-9 tonight, they might realize what a good idea that is and start doing it permanently. Please don't give them any ideas.

Good point. 

It seems like nobody is getting a transfer to the (G) from the (F) then. Bergen street is not an express stop currently, and there is no way to cross over to the other platform without exiting fare control.

I guess the official line would be something to the effect of use the (A) between hoyt-schermerhorn and jay st to shuttle between the G and the F. 

Guest Lance

If I'm not mistaken, the reason why G trains cannot terminate at Bedford-Nostrand Avs during the late night hours is because the tower at Bedford is not staffed during those hours.

If I'm not mistaken, the reason why G trains cannot terminate at Bedford-Nostrand Avs during the late night hours is because the tower at Bedford is not staffed during those hours.

That's an interesting point I hadn't considered. For these unplanned disruptions do they ever dispatch a dispatcher (sorry) to go staff a local tower on an emergency basis? 

Is the Bedford-Nostrand tower manned normally daytimes, or only when a GO has trains turning there?

PER WABC: 12-9 at broadway on the (N) AND (Q) service suspended

mta has 

Service Change

Posted: 06/11/2013  4:33PM

Due to NYPD activity at Broadway, the following service changes are in effect:

There are no n.png and q.png trains between Queensboro Plaza and Ditmars Blvd in both directions. 

Northbound r.png trains are running on the f.png line from 57 St-7 Av to 36 St (Queens).

Edited by BreeddekalbL

People are scrambling for cabs under the (N)(Q). Cabbies charging upwards of $10 per person to go from 30th to Queensborough Plaza.

For service to Queens take the 100, 101, 102, or 69 bus.

(Q) trains are running btwn 57th-7th Av and Stillwell Av. (N) trains are running btwn Queensborough Plaza and Stillwell Av.

People are scrambling for cabs under the (N)(Q). Cabbies charging upwards of $10 per person to go from 30th to Queensborough Plaza.

For service to Queens take the 100, 101, 102, or 69 bus.

(Q) trains are running btwn 57th-7th Av and Stillwell Av. (N) trains are running btwn Queensborough Plaza and Stillwell Av.

Cab Drivers who gouge prices like that should have their mediallion, taxi license and drivers license revoked. that's just plain wrong. 

My mom actually wrote down his info and said she will file a report against him. People were jumping into cabs with random people to get to QBP.

Queens bound (N) trains are now running express between Queensboro Plaza and Ditmars Blvd. (Q) trains still terminate at 57th St-7th Av.

Edited by R160

My mom actually wrote down his info and said she will file a report against him. People were jumping into cabs with random people to get to QBP.

Queens bound (N) trains are now running express between Queensboro Plaza and Ditmars Blvd. (Q) trains still terminate at 57th St-7th Av.

Good! She should file a report. 

On the rare occasion I take a cab I tip very well provided I'm not attempted to make a sucker of. At least the subway can only steal time from me. 

Queensboro Plaza was full of people. LGA, QV, JAM, CS, and CP were all working the (N) shutte. There was a detour around Broadway:

1) SB to QBP:

Down 31st Street, right on 31st Avenue, left unto Crescent Street until 34th Avenue, left on 34th, and then a right back on 31st Street.

2) NB to Astoria:

Up 31st Street, right on 34th, left unto, and up 33rd Street, then left unto 31st Avenue, and a right back on 31st Street.

9889 was on it and it did a few trips on the shuttle.

Service Change

Posted: 06/12/2013  8:23AM

Due to debris falling at DeKalb Av the following service Changes are in effect:

Northbound b.png trains terminate at Prospect Park.

Northbound q.png and n.png trains are running on the r.png line from DeKalb Av to Canal St.

Guest Lance

They're really going to have to minimize the problems on the Bridge and at the DeKalb junction as much as possible when Montague is closed.

Edited by Lance

Service Change

Posted: 06/13/2013  9:16AM

Due to a police investigation at Times Sq-42 St, both directions n.pngq.png and r.png trains are bypassing Times Sq-42 St.

A buddy was stuck in this during his AM commute from Astoria this morning:

He got on a s/b (N) at Broadway about 9:15, the train dwelled in each station for 10 minutes before dumping all it's passengers at Queensboro and going OOS at about 10. 

Crammed into a Packed 7 train and ended up bailing at Grand Central while the train held there for 15+ minutes. 

Sounds like it sucked. Anyone know what the investigation was? (Although judging by what I'm assuming is a power-off area, I'm almost afraid to ask)

A buddy was stuck in this during his AM commute from Astoria this morning:

He got on a s/b (N) at Broadway about 9:15, the train dwelled in each station for 10 minutes before dumping all it's passengers at Queensboro and going OOS at about 10. 

Crammed into a Packed 7 train and ended up bailing at Grand Central while the train held there for 15+ minutes. 

Sounds like it sucked. Anyone know what the investigation was? (Although judging by what I'm assuming is a power-off area, I'm almost afraid to ask)

Suspicious package according to the official twitter account.

Posted: 06/13/2013 10:52PM

Due to a police investigation at 157 St:

No 1.png train service between 137 St- City College and Dyckman St.

For alternate service please take the northbound M4 bus making corresponding stops along Broadway.

Southbound 2.png and 3.png train service running local from 96 St to Chambers St.

What terrible timing, with the (A) FASTRACK under way.

Service Change

Posted: 06/14/2013  4:59PM

Due to mechanical problems at South Ferry service changes are as follows:

Northbound 2.png and 3.png trains are local from Chambers St to Times Sq-42 St.

1.png train service is delayed in both directions.

Can they not terminate  (1) service from the Bronx at 168th? Too close to the affected area?

according to the trackmap  it has a one way crossover from southbound to northbound track similar to when they have the (1) terminate northbound at 168

Service Change

Posted: 06/18/2013  7:44AM

Due to signal problems at Willets Pt, some Times Square bound express 7.png trains are running local from Willets Pt to 74 St.

Service Change

Posted: 06/18/2013  7:14AM

Due to signal problems at Liberty Av, some southbound c.png trains are running express from Broadway Junction to Euclid Av.

Delays

Posted: 06/18/2013  6:17AM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 1 Av, expect delays in 8 Av-bound l.png train service at this time.

Delays

Posted: 06/24/2013 10:23AM

Due to signal problems at 111 St, Times Sq-bnd 7.png train service is delayed.

Service Change

Posted: 06/24/2013 11:41AM

Due to signal problems at Lexington Av/59 St, service changes are as follows:

Some northbound r.png are via the f.png line from 57 St-7 Av to 36 St (QNS).

Some northbound n.png and q.png trains are terminating at 57 St-7 Av.