Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

What a dumb move in having the (R) be rerouted via the Sea Beach Line for no reason.

By the way, yeah, I got caught in that mess too as I was on the R46 (F) from earlier. I only saw the rail condition issue at 65th Street, but not at 36th Street.

All northbound (E) and (F) are/were 100% local on the Queens Boulevard Line actually. The delays were so bad on the local track, primarily because of the fumigation at 71st Avenue on the (M) and (R).

Edited by RollOver

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on the E train around 12:30pm I got on 5th ave/ 53rd street and wanted to get off at Court Square for the (7). The train moved fine til we got stopped 2 times at the 53rd street tunnel. The train stopped for about 10 minutes 450 feet away from Court Square station! I was on 1st car and saw the exit sign "450 feet away exit". Had to wait for the (M) to move ahead forward.

They should have suspended the M or reroutes it to 179 or Jamaica Center.Maybe even turning it at 57th would have been better then turning at Jamaica Center.Anyone agree? I do if it's a quick fumigation.

Edited by Abba

I don't get why the (R) has to run on the (N) line.The N would have less service ?

If the (R) wasn't going to Forest Hills, they could spread them out on the (N) without screwing up the crews too much and causing too much bunching?

What a dumb move in having the (R) be rerouted via the Sea Beach Line for no reason.

By the way, yeah, I got caught in that mess too as I was on the R46 (F) from earlier. I only saw the rail condition issue at 65th Street, but not at 36th Street.

All northbound (E) and (F) are/were 100% local on the Queens Boulevard Line actually. The delays were so bad on the local track, primarily because of the fumigation at 71st Avenue on the (M) and (R).

Sending the (R) via the Sea Beach probably mitigates the bunching on 4th Ave and 95th street from having the northern terminals being @Whitehall/42nd st.

I hate when there is an issue on Queens Blvd and they run all lines on one track and they STILL fumigate at 71st Ave. Who are these geniuses?   :angry:  :rolleyes:

They should have sent the remaining (M) and (R) trains local to 179th, send the (E) and (F) express after Roosevelt Ave/71st Ave. Also the (M) and (R) aren't that frequent. they could have run some trains express on the local to mitigate delays.

That's exactly what I was wondering. There was nothing wrong between Roosevelt and 71st northbound, so northbound (E) and (F) trains should have been on the express track east of Roosevelt. No reason for them to remain on the local track and get held by the (M) or (R) fumigating at 71st.

Due to FDNY activity at Metropolitan Av,(G) train service has been suspended in both directions.

As an alternative customers are advised to use the B62 bus service.

Allow additional travel time.

I'm sorry.I know this has been discussed but can't they have someone on call At Bedford Nostrad tower in case something happens like this .Its not fair the WHOLE line should have to suffer.

That's exactly what I was wondering. There was nothing wrong between Roosevelt and 71st northbound, so northbound (E) and (F) trains should have been on the express track east of Roosevelt. No reason for them to remain on the local track and get held by the (M) or (R) fumigating at 71st.

Right, they always let (E) and (F) trains get held up by fumigating at 71st, unnecessary! They could run the (M) or (R) to 179th and the (F) full Hillside Express and the (E) Express to Jamaica Center.

Oh no! Got this email...

n/b M and R trains via express Roosevelt Av to 71 Av, due to a rail condition at 71 Av. Allow additional travel time.

I bet they were still Fumigating at 71st Ave.  <_<

This is how your workweek begins in the subway all the time: Delays, signal problems, rail conditions etc.

Delays  Posted: 06/29/2015  8:05AM

Due to signal problems at Freeman St, southbound 2.png train are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 06/29/2015  9:05AM 

Due to signal problems at Myrtle Av-B'way, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no j.png train service between Broadway Junction and Marcy Av in both directions.

There is no m.png train service between Middle Village-Metropolitan Av and Marcy Av in both directions.

Customers are advised to use B13, B38, B39, B46 and B47 bus service making nearby station stops.

Delays  Posted: 06/29/2015  8:07AM 

Due to signal problems at Elmhurst Av, 71 Av-bound m.png and northbound r.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 06/29/2015  8:04AM 

Due to signal problems at 5 Av-59 St, southbound n.pngq.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

This is how your workweek begins in the subway all the time: Delays, signal problems, rail conditions etc.

Delays  Posted: 06/29/2015  8:05AM

Due to signal problems at Freeman St, southbound 2.png train are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 06/29/2015  9:05AM 

Due to signal problems at Myrtle Av-B'way, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no j.png train service between Broadway Junction and Marcy Av in both directions.

There is no m.png train service between Middle Village-Metropolitan Av and Marcy Av in both directions.

Customers are advised to use B13, B38, B39, B46 and B47 bus service making nearby station stops.

Delays  Posted: 06/29/2015  8:07AM 

Due to signal problems at Elmhurst Av, 71 Av-bound m.png and northbound r.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 06/29/2015  8:04AM 

Due to signal problems at 5 Av-59 St, southbound n.pngq.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Barrel of laughs. 

908 Romeo Continental rerouted via 63rd this morning to bypass the mess at 5th av. 

Except queensboro master didn't tell city hall we were coming. 

And nobody told the crew that G3 Track is BMT territory south of lex/63. 

There we sat for 20 minutes as the crew called the wrong tower on the wrong channel wondering where the hell their lineup was. 

Barrel of laughs. I got ROYALLY chewed out at work for being late, no less. 

Delays  Posted: 06/30/2015  8:01AM 

Due to signal problems at Coney Island-Stillwell Av, northbound b.png and q.png trains are running with delays.

What does this have anything to do with the (B)? Unless they mean that there are a small few that do come out of the Coney Island yard for the AM rush, meaning there's a (B) every 6-8 minutes. But because of the signal problems at the Coney Island terminal, then obviously the (B) will also be late as well.

Delays  Posted: 06/30/2015  8:01AM 

Due to signal problems at Coney Island-Stillwell Av, northbound b.png and q.png trains are running with delays.

What does this have anything to do with the (B)? Unless they mean that there are a small few that do come out of the Coney Island yard for the AM rush, meaning there's a (B) every 6-8 minutes. But because of the signal problems at the Coney Island terminal, then obviously the (B) will also be late as well.

A lot of (B) trains lay up in CI yard overnight, whenever I went to Stillwell at the tail end of the PM Rush I always saw (B) trains running though either the (N) or (Q) platform into the yard. If you ride by CI yard on weekend you'd see all the (B) trains laid up there.

Due to Con Edison related problems affecting signals at Jay St-MetroTech, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no f.png train service between 4 Av-9 St and Jay St-MetroTech in both directions.

Some southbound f.png trains are running on the c.png line from Jay St-MetroTech to Euclid Av.

Some f.png trains are running on the d.png line between W 4 St-Washington Square and Coney Island-Stillwell Av in both directions.

Some southbound f.png trains terminate at 2 Av.

There is no g.png train service between Church Av and Bedford-Nostrand Avs in both directions.

Some southbound n.png trains are running on the r.png line from Canal St to DeKalb Av.

Expect delays on the a.png, c.png, d.png, f.png, g.png, n.png and r.png trains in both directions.

For service into Brooklyn customers can also take the b.png, d.png, n.png and r.png train service.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take the B57 and B61 bus service.

It is a mess. Especially they are rerouting some of the southbound (N) via the (R) line. I assume to provide service at Jay St- Metrotech so riders can use the (N) to Coney Island. 

I disagree with having (N) trains make local stops southbound between Canal and Atlantic for this situation. Riders can take the (R) at Jay St-MetroTech and change at Atlantic for Coney Island-bound service.

I thought that too because it is a waste of time with the (N) making stops. Why they couldn't have shuttle (F) running from Stillwell to 4th Ave-9th street. That way still have some connections with other lines. They should deploy shuttle buses by now since it is height of rush hour. 

Shuttle (F) is running to 4th ave.Im happy that they are letting them go to 4th Abe.Earlier these was no (F) trains from Church Ave. Imagine if the (F) train that did the battery run earlier this week would get to 7th Abe and then this would start.That would be unfathable..it's funny this advisory just began with delays.Now it's all this.

Edited by Abba

Shuttle (F) is running to 4th ave.Im happy that they are letting them go to 4th Abe.Earlier these was no (F) trains from Church Ave. Imagine if the (F) train that did the battery run earlier this week would get to 7th Abe and then this would start.That would be unfathable..it's funny this advisory just began with delays.Now it's all this.

I agree there should be shuttle service where there is a transfer to another line I'm sure they have enough trains out there to provide shuttle service till service is restored