Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change  Posted: 07/15/2015  9:43PM 

Due to track maintenance at Northern Blvd, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png trains are running local from Queens Plaza to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av.

Northbound f.png trains are running local from 36 St (QNS) to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av.

Expect delays on northbound c.pnge.pngf.pngm.pngn.png and r.png train service.

Allow additional travel time.

----------------------------------------------

Oh geeze. I'm taking the (J). You just know they're still terminating (M) and (R) trains at 71st Ave.  :rolleyes:

Last night I was on a (F) that was CRAWLING from 36th street to Jamaica (and it was still held for clearance into 179th st) and the website said "Good Service" :angry:  :wacko:  :blink:

Northbound (A) & (C) trains are delayed because a train broke down at Jay St...at the same time, due to an earlier incident at 14 St, there are delays in uptown (B)(F) and (M) trains.

I'm at 14 St-8 Av now and there hasn't been an uptown (A) or (C) in like 20 minutes. For some reason, they sent a (D) train up 8 Av

Is it just me or is there like mechanical problems at least once an hour today.I hate it that they blame it on the train.Jusy wrote "mechanical problems" or be honest and say "brakes in emergency"

Edited by Abba

Service Change  Posted: 07/15/2015  7:08PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 28 St, northbound n.png and r.png trains are running express from Canal St to 34 St-Herald Sq.

Expect delays on the q.png.

Is it just me or is there like mechanical problems at least once an hour today.I hate it that they blame it on the train.Jusy wrote "mechanical problems" or be honest and say "brakes in emergency"

Well, that N train with mechanical problems was NOT brakes in emergency. 

I don't know exactly what was wrong with the train  (r160's) , but I saw (and heard) something I've never encountered before. 

The train was slowly proceeding up the express track as I waited at 49st. The front lights were red, and the headlights were off. There was an employee in a vest in the cab - not operating - but relaying commands to someone else via walkie-talkie. 

As the train went by the headlights were on in the front of the second set, and someone was operating the train from the conductor's position. 

Never seen THAT before. Snapped some photos but they aren't great. 

Moral of the story, whatever went wrong with THAT train, it could not be operated from the operating motor. 

Northbound (A) & (C) trains are delayed because a train broke down at Jay St...at the same time, due to an earlier incident at 14 St, there are delays in uptown (B)(F) and (M) trains.

I'm at 14 St-8 Av now and there hasn't been an uptown (A) or (C) in like 20 minutes. For some reason, they sent a (D) train up 8 Av

They probably sent the (D) up 8th ave because the (E) turns onto 53rd st, and the 6th Ave line was jammed.

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 8 St-NYU, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound (N) and (R) trains are running express from Canal St to 34 St-Herald Sq.

Expect delays in northbound (N) and (R) train service.

Allow additional travel time

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 8 St-NYU, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound (N) and (R) trains are running express from Canal St to 34 St-Herald Sq.

this is been going on for 2 hours and a half T/O is still in investigating the tracks and the traction motors of the (N) train

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 8 St-NYU, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound (N) and (R) trains are running express from Canal St to 34 St-Herald Sq.

this is been going on for 2 hours and a half T/O is still in investigating the tracks and the traction motors of the (N) train

Due to switch problems at Rockaway Blvd, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (A) train service between Euclid Av and Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd in both directions.

There is no (A) train service between Euclid Av and Broad Channel in both directions.

As an alternate, customers may use the Q52 or Q53 buses which run along Cross Bay/Woodhaven Blvds to connect to the (J) train the Woodhaven Blvd station.

Customers may also use the Q8 bus which runs along 101 Av for service between Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd and Euclid Av and nearby station stops.

Its

Serious stuff here.They are wrong railing a train right now.

It's a bad day on that corridor.The 3rd advisory already.

Didn't make sense to wrong Rail.Problem was corrected minutes after the train moved.

Edited by Abba

Fun on the QBL.

Service Change  Posted: 07/21/2015  4:18PM

Due to a rail condition at 36 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound e.png trains are running local from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to Queens Plaza,

Southbound f.png trains are running local from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to 21 St.

Some northbound m.png trains terminate at Chambers St.

Some northbound r.png trains terminate at 57 St-7 Av.

Today has been full of problems!!

Service Change  Posted: 07/22/2015  2:35PM

Due to FDNY activity at 79 St, northbound 2.png and 3.png trains are running local from Times Sq-42 St to 96 St.

Delays  Posted: 07/22/2015  2:01PM

Due to signal problems at Times Sq-42 St, northbound 2.png and 3.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 07/22/2015  3:16PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 46 St-Bliss St, Flushing-Main St bound7.png trains are running local from Queensboro Plz to 74 St-Broadway.

Allow additional travel time. <7> the problem on the express track.

Delays  Posted: 07/22/2015  2:02PM
Due to a rail condition at 14 St, northbound c.png and e.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 07/22/2015  3:45PM

Following an earlier incident at Coney Island-Stillwell Av, b.png and q.png service has resumed with residual delays.  Signal problems at Coney Island causing no (B) and (Q) from Prospect park to Coney Island. It didn't make sense that they could had sent the (B) and (Q) to Brighton Beach and terminate there since it not being affected.

Delays  Posted: 07/22/2015  2:00PM

Due to signal problems at Carroll St, southbound f.png and g.png trains are running with delays.

My (B) is going on a little detour via the West End express track. There was a (Q) stick at DeKalb Avenue, an (R) across the platform, another (R) across the platform at Pacific Street, and then another (B) at 36 Street. Now we're running express on the (D). Bay Parkway is the next stop, and hopefully they stick to their word and go to Coney Island this time.

Northbound (N) and (Q) trains are running on the® line from DeKalb Av to Canal St.

trains are running local between Canal St and 34 St-Herald Square in both directions.

Expect delays on northbound(N) , (Q) and® train service.

2 hours this train has been there .Also there was something else at the same location earlier this week.Maybe I should avoid that area

Maybe the one at 96th.The one with the M is a train that had an issue in the last 4 cars so they had to decouple the train.It just started moving (with them pulling it?) and they will probobaly resume service soon.

The (N) and (R) I don't know but 2 hours is a long time.

EDIT:Just heard that the (N) and (R) is actually a B/O (Q) train

Edited by Abba

I was on a lighter load (R) (nothing new anyway) this early-mid afternoon all the way from 71 Av to 95 St, and in lower Manhattan/downtown Brooklyn, the C/R specifically said that all 3 Bway lines are running via the tunnel, not just Bway local.