Smileys

I think so since they are "restoring" the site, but the NYCTF Staff team are most likely going on pace and keep everything as precise as possible so the site runs smoothly. I'd rather have a reliable site, than a site with flashy graphics and such but poor stability,

Eh, I kinda like it better without the smilies. It's annoying when some people use them excessively. 1 to 4 per post, fine, but not 10+ in a row.

When they're used to spell out names, yes it's annoying. But, it is good for making points in a post clearer and easier to understand.

The one thing I don't miss are the icons for the bus routes....

The subway line icons are good.. I'll use them interchangably; for example....

Sometimes I'll just type out (for example) "Church av on the B/Q"... Sometimes I'll go Church av (B)(Q)....

If I'm in the subway section, and it's known I'm talking about a particular line, I won't keep using the subway icons.... It irritates me to see a post with a million & one subway icons (or any smilie for the matter)....

The emoticons (I guess you call em) I use sparingly, and when I do use 'em, it's to display positive emotions (the wink, the "joe cool", the "tup", etc)... I don't like using the angry, the "tdown", the roll eyes, etc..... When I'm not in favor of something, I let the words do the talking.

The one thing I don't miss are the icons for the bus routes....

The subway line icons are good.. I'll use them interchangably; for example....

Sometimes I'll just type out (for example) "Church av on the B/Q"... Sometimes I'll go Church av (B)(Q)....

If I'm in the subway section, and it's known I'm talking about a particular line, I won't keep using the subway icons.... It irritates me to see a post with a million & one subway icons (or any smilie for the matter)....

The emoticons (I guess you call em) I use sparingly, and when I do use 'em, it's to display positive emotions (the wink, the "joe cool", the "tup", etc)... I don't like using the angry, the "tdown", the roll eyes, etc..... When I'm not in favor of something, I let the words do the talking.

lol... Well we don't have the the "tdown" icon anyway now which I do miss so I feel rather lost without it. The rolling eyes icon is just so off that I have to laugh. The old one was much better and the red face for mad... Nothing tops that one. lol

Well, if you hit up that R160 thread, I can tell you why it is useful. Here is what I did.

(A): Had R160 service, removed because of the Rockaway 3rd problem.

(B): Never had active R160 Service.

(C): G.O.

(D): G.O.

(E): Has active R160 Service.

(F): Has active R160 Service.

(G): G.O.

(H): Never had active R160 Service.

(J): Has active R160 Service.

(L): Has active R160 Service.

(M): Has active R160 Service.

(N): Has active R160 Service.

(Q): Has active R160 Service.