Are there Still R46's on the F?

Anywhere from 1 to 4 sets are on the (F),

Peak sees 3-4 R46'ses circulating on the (F) Line, Mid-days and Saturdays is 2-3 R46'ses circulating on the (F) Line, Other Hours and Sundays 1-2 Circulating, Late Night 1 Circulating.

I collected and gathered this information using data and precise estimates from my travels and friend's travels on the (F) Line to improve reliability. This information is last updated April-29th-2012.

Try Forest Hills, West 4th St. or Jay St. all at center of platform for waiting if you'd like to catch it.

It seems to pack up though. They're not evenly spread out, there'll be like 3 out of 5 trains in a row then 160 up the wazoo until its time for them to queue up again.

Just like the 42's.

There was one running on this Saturday as I was waiting at Neptune Avenue about 11 AM when the R/46 came going to Manhattan. I did not see another R/46 in my trip.

Then probably one wasn't running, however my data is the most frequent reported from various sources and observations, your update is jotted down, =]!

Remember, the (E) and (F) generally share equipment, and at any time one, two, a few, or no R46 can be running on the Fox. Road conditions (not weather but delays, scheduled layups, etc) can also vary and can affect things. Supervision choice may also vary. The regular yard dispatcher may lay up his equipment in the yard one way, the next guy might be extra or vacation relief and has a different style which can affect put-in sequence (and ultimately exactly how many, if any, R46 will run that day). One of the sets may go into the barn for inspection or repair and may not run at all that day. It is not an exact science like Keystone may suggest.

Remember, the (E) and (F) generally share equipment, and at any time one, two, a few, or no R46 can be running on the Fox. Road conditions (not weather but delays, scheduled layups, etc) can also vary and can affect things. Supervision choice may also vary. The regular yard dispatcher may lay up his equipment in the yard one way, the next guy might be extra or vacation relief and has a different style which can affect put-in sequence (and ultimately exactly how many, if any, R46 will run that day). One of the sets may go into the barn for inspection or repair and may not run at all that day. It is not an exact science like Keystone may suggest.

Apparently, then why the R46'ses never go on the (E) until equiptment moves like the late 1990's/early 2000's and late 2000's/early 2010's?

As for Science, I am not stating any Science, simply graphs and charts and such which is not science, but rather math and data.

Apparently, then why the R46'ses never go on the (E) until equiptment moves like the late 1990's/early 2000's and late 2000's/early 2010's?

As for Science, I am not stating any Science, simply graphs and charts and such which is not science, but rather math and data.

Because they are assigned to the (F) as the leftover equipment left to when the (G) had them. Of course you know when I say share equipment, I meant the 160s. Plenty of times there are (E)'s scheduled to go to Parsons, and they send them to 179 instead and go back south as (F)'s. There are also 179-bound (E)'s that were supposed to lay up once they got up there that went up there, and went back out as (F)'s too (if they don't they are laid up upstairs). Of course there were some that went to Parsons instead. As to why they are not swapped with the (E)'s since they swap 160s all the time I dunno. I doubt any T/O's that are regulars on the (E) still carry their reverser with them... and if one went to Parsons, it still would go back out as an (F)!

Because they are assigned to the (F) as the leftover equipment left to when the (G) had them. Of course you know when I say share equipment, I meant the 160s. Plenty of times there are (E)'s scheduled to go to Parsons, and they send them to 179 instead and go back south as (F)'s. There are also 179-bound (E)'s that were supposed to lay up once they got up there that went up there, and went back out as (F)'s too (if they don't they are laid up upstairs). Of course there were some that went to Parsons instead. As to why they are not swapped with the (E)'s since they swap 160s all the time I dunno. I doubt any T/O's that are regulars on the (E) still carry their reverser with them... and if one went to Parsons, it still would go back out as an (F)!

Yep, that's what I know since I understood equipment and line assignments and movement pattern, e.t.c...

Archived