Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

How did u do today?

Did pretty well no major issues just have to cover that right side. Another thing the insructor's are not there to teach you how to drive they are there to fine tune you to the MTA way of driving. So if you never drove a large vehicle go get some lessons in before training start

BS. They get u ready to pass the road test or else they wouldn't waste money for u to fail. I know plenty of drivers who were fine on day 7 who never drove a bus before

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ame="DEE77" post="734043" timestamp="1386163267"]

BS. They get u ready to pass the road test or else they wouldn't waste money for u to fail. I know plenty of drivers who were fine on day 7 who never drove a bus

"They must of taken lessons somehow or who know . The MTA is not preparing you for the DMV road test, They are drilling you how to Drive Their bus the right way. The school Bus is different  and MTA bus length is different compare to the school bus you drive on the road test. turning Right and left at curbs or intersection takes practice and skills turning on the Mta Bus.. And Some people are built to drive anything and manage to pass without practicing. And We have to remember, This is a high paying job compare to what some are offering, So wasting their time doesnt bother them when they have Plenty of Candidates waiting. 

ame="DEE77" post="734043" timestamp="1386163267"]

BS. They get u ready to pass the road test or else they wouldn't waste money for u to fail. I know plenty of drivers who were fine on day 7 who never drove a bus

"They must of taken lessons somehow or who know . The MTA is not preparing you for the DMV road test, They are drilling you how to Drive Their bus the right way. The school Bus is different and MTA bus length is different compare to the school bus you drive on the road test. turning Right and left at curbs or intersection takes practice and skills turning on the Mta Bus.. And Some people are built to drive anything and manage to pass without practicing. And We have to remember, This is a high paying job compare to what some are offering, So wasting their time doesnt bother them when they have Plenty of Candidates waiting.

They had no lessons. This is direct from someone on the job 2 yrs.

" They prefer u never drove a large vehicle before. If u come in its like they can mold u in there image. If u drove before they say they hafta break all ur bad habits. They go harder on ppl who drove before. They prepare u to be fully capable of passing the road test"

nycpips I dont know if you on the job or your waiting to get called but trust me if you go in there and they cant work with you they are going to let you go. Who cares about who you talking about that went in with no lessons and passed thats good for them but everyone is not built like that. Some people go in there with CDL's and fail I'm just saying if you a person that will be intimidated by a larger vehicle go get lesson so you know what it is before you go in there waste your time and get dropped. Dont take what i say personal if it dont apply to you it just dont but it's not BS. Like I said THEY DONT TEACH YOU HOW TO DRIVE THEY JUST FINE TUNE YOU TO THE MTA WAY OF DRIVING.

How did ya first day of driving go?

It was the second day, we all drove for about an hour each. Started doing hook turns and acute turns, I kissed the curb on one turn but besides that instructor didn't have any other criticism for today. Howard Beach is more bustling than East New York so it was fun to drive with all that energy around, combined with the narrow streets where you gotta have your angles spot on or you're gonna take off someones mirror.

Gonna send us to Manhattan next week so we'll see how that goes....lol

Could have been my bus. We took a break at the 7 Eleven on by Tremont and Lafayette after leaving Zerega. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yeah it had to be ya bus. I saw a old man driving and he was servicing a bus stop on Jarvis & brucker expressway around 3pm. What depot are u training out of?

That does not make sense at all if someone else said that they are up to #180 on the list...

I was saying the same thing. I guess wat that mean was the person with list # 20 didn't have everything in order & he hand to come back a fee weeks later & he was the last person hired.

I was saying the same thing. I guess wat that mean was the person with list # 20 didn't have everything in order & he hand to come back a fee weeks later & he was the last person hired.

Maybe they meant 20 people for the next class. And if that's true they only gonna need 30 more to full the class

Archived