Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are getting sats then you're good. My instructor said we're goin to Manhattan Mon and Tues. We've been on the belt, van wyck, LIE, Whitestone bridge, etc he is not playing lol

I can't wait for the city it'll be alot more fun than industrial areas. As long as you're comfortable with the mirrors and are careful then it'll be all good.

Ok well I'm good then

Yo dee wat depot u training out of?

JFK

Yeah, sorry man. Then its DEE. Its one of the AAR carriers.

Yeah its me, on the first day she asked us what we were doing before the training so when me and my other classmate said AAR she was like O LORD, so I had to show her that all AAR drivers dont drive the same. Yeah we always in a rush with a tight schedule but trust me driving a 42,540lb bus I'm taking my time. Remember that weight for the orion thats the bus you will train on.

Gee, that's like 4 AAR buses. 10,460 lbs each. I thought we almost like same size. Lol!

I don't wanna sound rude but an AAR vehicle is a Ford E - series van modified. It could weigh less than 5 tons.

Im surprised because the VanHool coach bus I drive is 36,500 unlaiden weight.

And a transit bus weighs more.....Must b a heavy fare box. Lmao

Ok well I'm good then

JFK

Yeah its me, on the first day she asked us what we were doing before the training so when me and my other classmate said AAR she was like O LORD, so I had to show her that all AAR drivers dont drive the same. Yeah we always in a rush with a tight schedule but trust me driving a 42,540lb bus I'm taking my time. Remember that weight for the orion thats the bus you will train on.

Just curious.... What's your instructors name?

I wonder what happen to caveman64 didn't hear from him after his review

Yeah Dee he was very depressed on here:( I hope he gets a chance but who knows. 

Guys, you sure the MTA HR will call me? Or should I call them? Seriously it has been 30 days, so I have to do another drug test. Just nervous about everything. Not sure when the 300s will get called.

Yeah Dee he was very depressed on here:( I hope he gets a chance but who knows. 

Guys, you sure the MTA HR will call me? Or should I call them? Seriously it has been 30 days, so I have to do another drug test. Just nervous about everything. Not sure when the 300s will get called.

My list # is 2**. I have been called once for a drug test on November 6th and also have not heard back from them as well. If you want to call them, fine. However, I was recently talking to a car inspector who got hired two years ago and he mentioned that HR works very slow. I also read in a previous post in this thread that the next training class is scheduled for December 30th.

If that is the case, then I would not be surprised if they start calling the next group of candidates to come in not only to do a second drug test, but to go ahead with the hiring process the week of December 16th and December 23rd (except Christmas). The reason why is because, the first group of candidates (those whose list # was lower than 180 - based on what I read) were hired between November 18th and 27th, who were not put on medical hold or anything similar, which is only two weeks prior to the December 2nd classes starting. Therefore, if I had to take an educated guess, they are probably going to do something very similar. 

Stylus and Young check this out I asked my instructor do MTA have any hiring freeze's she said not when it comes to B/O. She said she had a new class every two weeks all this year. So just be ready when they call.

That's good to hear...

Stylus and Young check this out I asked my instructor do MTA have any hiring freeze's she said not when it comes to B/O. She said she had a new class every two weeks all this year. So just be ready when they call.

They had a freeze on exam 8006 tho. Plus this year is almost ova. Lord Knows what's gonna happen next year.

I would not worry about them not calling me or anyone who's in 300s.
But hear this...

When I got a Drug Test letter I called one of the guys in my division, who based on Answer Sheet scored as same as me (86.25%), and he told me he got nothing. I gave him that 212 number and he found out that his List # was actually few numbers LOWER than mine.

Then 2 days before the Drug Test I called him again and said that soon I will have a Drug Test and I advised him either call HR or go to 180 Livingston. He called in sick. Next day in the morning he called HR, hit the voicemail and went there in person.

They checked him out and said that he's gotta wait...
Since then nothing. No call. No letter.

Then I would be worry...

I would not worry about them not calling me or anyone who's in 300s.

But hear this...

When I got a Drug Test letter I called one of the guys in my division, who based on Answer Sheet scored as same as me (86.25%), and he told me he got nothing. I gave him that 212 number and he found out that his List # was actually few numbers LOWER than mine.

Then 2 days before the Drug Test I called him again and said that soon I will have a Drug Test and I advised him either call HR or go to 180 Livingston. He called in sick. Next day in the morning he called HR, hit the voicemail and went there in person.

They checked him out and said that he's gotta wait...

Since then nothing. No call. No letter.

Then I would be worry...

From what I learned, in order to make the list fair to everyone, if a bunch of people get the same score on the civil service exam, NYC Transit puts these people in the order in which they applied to the exam. Allow me to explain, with the fictional scenario:

Say for example 'Zebra' applies to exam 2613 on June 7th. 'Bravo' applies on June 10th, 'Whiskey' applies on June 18th and 'Echo' applies on June 21st. (Refer to http://www.subchat.com/readflat.asp?Id=798871&p=1#798880 incase you are curious how I came up with these names). All of these people get the same score on the exam (80.00%). Because of the order in which they filed for the exam (by date and time), Zebra gets a list # of 991, Bravo gets a list # of 995, Whiskey gets a list # of 1004 and Echo gets a list # of 1009.

Close to 1 year after the initial exam has been given, these four people are still interested in the position. However, the appropriate city agency (in this case NYC Transit) is calling 250 applicants every other month for the first drug test, starting in November of 2013 (again, this is fictional). Zebra and Bravo would get called in first. Meanwhile, Whiskey and Echo have to wait another two months to get called, based on their list number, even though the difference is so small.

Therefore, I think something similar to this may have happened in post #1479. If your friend or co-worker in your division has a list number that is lower than yours, then chances are that HR might have missed him for the 1st round of drug testing in early November. Everyone makes mistakes in life - it's a fact. We (people) are not 100%. So is the HR Department at NYC Transit (unfortunately). Therefore, if they missed him, then he will be one of the first candidates for the next initial round of drug testing. This will work out in his benefit because when training is completed, the new Bus Operators pick their depot starting with the person who has the lowest list number.

Again, just my opinion, based on what I learned...

Sounds reasonable...

However, he has 3 pending ones, so I told him later they will call the better

3 pending moving violations? If so he betta hope it's 2 pts each ticket and he beat at least one of them cuz if he don't he could just kiss this job goodbye.

Wow 3 pending violations? That is crazy. Honestly, that's gonna hold him back a while. I hope he will be ok.

I just hope God willing I get the call from the MTA really soon for a new drug test and the medical, there is so much drama going on in my job that I need this job more than ever. There's no point in calling HR because the best thing is to just wait. Someone here mentioned the last number hired was 180 or something like that, so let;s all hope we get that call soon.

Good luck to everyone!

They stop calling 2613 for now they need to move Exam 2801, 2901 if your on 2901. You should be getting a letter soon to come down for a drug test. Once they have that group they will be calling more people down from 2613. That's why they tell you Anywhere from 2-90 Days you should be called for med. They have a lot of people before Exam 2613 to fill in they mix it up. So guys just hang in there. Your time will come.

They stop calling 2613 for now they need to move Exam 2801, 2901 if your on 2901. You should be getting a letter soon to come down for a drug test. Once they have that group they will be calling more people down from 2613. That's why they tell you Anywhere from 2-90 Days you should be called for med. They have a lot of people before Exam 2613 to fill in they mix it up. So guys just hang in there. Your time will come.

Thanks RTS,

It will, it will! :)

Archived