Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

If you extend the B13 to Willie B, which lane would it occupy since the B32 is supposed to start up this fall?

Can two bus routes share a lane at Williamsburg because if yes then why don't they share the B24 lane as that bus is infrequent. If not then it could stop outside the terminal just like how Fresh Pond (user) said about the Q59 doing that.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With as indirect as the B13 is, the last thing that route needs is a further extension from where it used to terminate due to the B13/B18 merge.... When it terminated there at Graham av (L), that was long enough..... Flushing av itself has gotten worse w/ traffic over the years..... Grand st b/w Union & Bushwick is prone to hangups in its own right.... I wouldn't subject the B13 to that.....

Even if it is long (well to me the B13 doesn't look that lengthy), then again how many people use the bus from end to end? Pretty few. Also Williamsburg Bridge is not much of an extension from Graham and Metropolitan Avenues. And yes Flushing Avenue/Bushwick Avenue/Grand Street may be bad but there is no other logical alternative other than rerouting the B13 which I don't want to do.

Even if it is long (well to me the B13 doesn't look that lengthy), then again how many people use the bus from end to end? Pretty few. Also Williamsburg Bridge is not much of an extension from Graham and Metropolitan Avenues. And yes Flushing Avenue/Bushwick Avenue/Grand Street may be bad but there is no other logical alternative other than rerouting the B13 which I don't want to do.

won't people just use the (M) from fresh pond rd station to get to williamsburg? I don't see it happening. To be honest it's segment to the hospital can be transferred to other lines like the Q55 extension to wyckoff hospital would encourage those going there to just switch to the more direct Q55. And B52 extension via gates can replace that part of the B13 providing complete coverage on gates ave extending to fresh pond rd if it is based out of fresh pond that means 2 second DH time LOL. The B13 however can then be sent elsewhere sort of. Both the B52 and Q55 are much more frequent than the B13. B13 theoretically can be restructured to absorb the Q67 via fresh pond rd and hamilton place replacing the rest of the Q67 to LIC with 69th street portion transferred to the Q18. Service levels overall should increase for Q67 riders and a span increase slightly for the B13 on weekdays. Those on B13 seeking those parts in ridgewood would switch to Q55 or B52. B54 can extend to cypress via cypress ave replacing a former portion of the B18 and improving connectivity somewhat with B13 if riders switch between those lines often. B38 and 26 can extend to 61st street to link with B13 there B38 doesn't meet the B13 currently FYI. Ohh that B13/Q67 merger adds a link to the B54 which goes to williamsburg.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

won't people just use the (M) from fresh pond rd station to get to williamsburg? I don't see it happening. To be honest it's segment to the hospital can be transferred to other lines like the Q55 extension to wyckoff hospital would encourage those going there to just switch to the more direct Q55. And B52 extension via gates can replace that part of the B13 providing complete coverage on gates ave extending to fresh pond rd if it is based out of fresh pond that means 2 second DH time LOL. The B13 however can then be sent elsewhere sort of. Both the B52 and Q55 are much more frequent than the B13. B13 theoretically can be restructured to absorb the Q67 via fresh pond rd and hamilton place replacing the rest of the Q67 to LIC with 69th street portion transferred to the Q18. Service levels overall should increase for Q67 riders and a span increase slightly for the B13 on weekdays. Those on B13 seeking those parts in ridgewood would switch to Q55 or B52. B54 can extend to cypress via cypress ave replacing a former portion of the B18 and improving connectivity somewhat with B13 if riders switch between those lines often. B38 and 26 can extend to 61st street to link with B13 there B38 doesn't meet the B13 currently FYI. Ohh that B13/Q67 merger adds a link to the B54 which goes to williamsburg.

What the hell is all this shit...

You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about so just please stop...

What the hell is all this shit...

You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about so just please stop...

obviously you can't read go relearn how to read then reply back otherwise you should stop commenting on my posts if that is the best you can come up with.

Unless you are aware of a large group of B13 riders coming off the (L) that is.

rerouting it may be the only option. Too many other lines there.

Riders using the bus from end to end is not the point....

Riders don't have to use the bus from end to end to experience delays from a route that ends up getting extended..... You said it yourself, "Flushing Avenue/Bushwick Avenue/Grand Street may be bad".....

Also, the point was not that Williamsburg Bridge Plaza is that far of an extension from Graham av (L)....

The point was that Williamsburg Bridge Plaza is that far an extension from its current terminal (Wyckoff/Dekalb).....

What's logical is to not extend it to Williamsburg Bridge Plaza.

Why couldn't you have just stopped here (in bold)......

Replacing the Q67 with parts of the B13 eh?

Please, tell me more about your pH.d in Urban Planning.........

I admit my best plans are not NYC based but that is a theoretical service upgrade for Q67 riders as B13 is more frequent to speed up travel time these B13s skip 55th ave direct to LIC via borden ave and LIE. While gates ave gains the more frequent B52 and wyckoff hospital gets the more frequent Q55 B13 riders seeking wyckoff would switch to Q55 which would take a more direct travel path to the hospital while those to gates ave would just use extended B52s this B13 stays on fresh pond road. I actually have more detail in the other proposals but this is just a NYC forum very few here are that good with NJ at all.

I admit my best plans are not NYC based but that is a theoretical service upgrade for Q67 riders as B13 is more frequent to speed up travel time these B13s skip 55th ave direct to LIC via borden ave and LIE. While gates ave gains the more frequent B52 and wyckoff hospital gets the more frequent Q55 B13 riders seeking wyckoff would switch to Q55 which would take a more direct travel path to the hospital while those to gates ave would just use extended B52s this B13 stays on fresh pond road. I actually have more detail in the other proposals but this is just a NYC forum very few here are that good with NJ at all.

What the hell did I read?

You do realize the B13 is already long and has nothing in hell to do with the Q67... wtf would you accomplish by combining them? 

Also, speak English.

60-70% of weekday ridership goes to that little portion you're elimintating (55th Drive). They go there because they're industrial workers. I planned that only on weekends, because no one's going to an industrial park on a Saturday or Sunday.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

What the hell did I read?

I saw Fresh Pond's reply first..... Then read the first sentence of QJT's post through Fresh Pond's reply... Then considered Fresh Pond's reply.... Then stopped reading the original quoted post.....

From some of y'alls reactions to QJT's post, it looks like I saved a couple seconds (and brain cells)......

You do realize the B13 is already long and has nothing in hell to do with the Q67... wtf would you accomplish by combining them?

So that's what all that jargon entailed?

Q90's (the member) idea of sending B13's to WBP (although I don't agree that should happen either) makes way more sense than combining B13's & Q67's..... smh..... I swear, QJT reads other people's ideas, and somehow someway just HAS to chime in with some nonsensical idea of his own....

It's not that he's posting ideas, it's that he does it to try to one-up the next person... and it backfires on him HARD....

I also have another idea about a new bus route (well technically it's a restoration but it has a HUGE extension). It's the B51 (well my version of it). It is a long route, running between City Hall-Park Row and Spring Creek-Postal Facility. This B51 would run along the former B51 route between Downtown Brooklyn and City Hall plus via Linden Boulevard. If you want to see the entire route, click on the link below:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=212548485828702065310.0004e03ff8c7d78471245

I even listed the bus stops it will have and please give your thoughts about this. The main reason I proposed this bus route was mainly that Linden Boulevard is a major street yet it doesn't have a bus that operates down at least most of it.

I saw Fresh Pond's reply first..... Then read the first sentence of QJT's post through Fresh Pond's reply... Then considered Fresh Pond's reply.... Then stopped reading the original quoted post.....

From some of y'alls reactions to QJT's post, it looks like I saved a couple seconds (and brain cells)......

So that's what all that jargon entailed?

Q90's (the member) idea of sending B13's to WBP (although I don't agree that should happen either) makes way more sense than combining B13's & Q67's..... smh..... I swear, QJT reads other people's ideas, and somehow someway just HAS to chime in with some nonsensical idea of his own....

It's not that he's posting ideas, it's that he does it to try to one-up the next person... and it backfires on him HARD....

There's a large demographic of oxygen and nitrogen that would totally use 15-mile crosstown highway-based bus routes.

Edited by Culver

60-70% of weekday ridership goes to that little portion you're elimintating (55th Drive). They go there because they're industrial workers. I planned that only on weekends, because no one's going to an industrial park on a Saturday or Sunday.

good thanks for validating my hunch that random tidbit was to expose that part I guess I can take that part out of the overall map I am making.

There's a large demographic of oxygen and nitrogen that would totally use 15-mile crosstown highway-based bus routes.

Dude notice how none of my proposals are 15 miles your just making up bullshit just stop. My Bx line east-west that goes to northern queens is not highway based as you would like to believe. Last I checked JFK is not 15 miles from the bronx. and frances lewis blvd is 15 mins away from LGA not 15 miles away. it is 8 miles to jamacia from LGA with a stop at jewel the trip should be no more than 20 mins or 17 at the most. 

Also, speak English..

Simple direct access to maspeth industrial area.

I see about industrial areas do they come from the (7) or middle village?

obviously you can't read go relearn how to read then reply back otherwise you should stop commenting on my posts if that is the best you can come up with.

Unless you are aware of a large group of B13 riders coming off the (L) that is.

rerouting it may be the only option. Too many other lines there.

Ok let me break it down now since I'm finally home...

For starters, you can't merge the B13 with the B67 for the simple fact that you can't merge any lines from (MTA) Bus with the mainline NYCT Bus. The Q67 serves its purpose mainly for the industrial workers in the back area of Maspeth that the Q39 doesn't reach, mainly the UPS building right there on 48 St (I used to work there, a lot of people, myself included used it). Even at nights mainly that that one from Queens Plaza, you would get a few people (about 3 or 4) that rode it all the way to the (M) train.

Secondly, the Q55 only purpose is the Myrtle Av corridor along the shopping strip down to the terminal in Ridgewood. No one gets off and catches the B13 since it runs so infrequent and they just take the (L) if they need the hospital. The only reason the 13 goes to Dekalb is an easy alternative to get to the hospital since the train station at Dekalb has no elevators. If it wasn't for the hospital, it would end at the terminal itself (as do the last 2 or 3 buses do of the night coming from Spring Creek).

The B52 is long enough as it is and it also serves its purpose for the Gates Av corridor. It gets held up in traffic a lot since Gates isn't that wide to begin with. Same goes for Wyckoff Av. Why do you think the old B18 ran down Cypress Av or whatever the name of that street is.

Before you go making asinine plans, go scope the area you're trying to screw up. I spent 4 years in the Ridgewood-Bushwick area and used all of those buses in the area at one point or another.

I also have another idea about a new bus route (well technically it's a restoration but it has a HUGE extension). It's the B51 (well my version of it). It is a long route, running between City Hall-Park Row and Spring Creek-Postal Facility. This B51 would run along the former B51 route between Downtown Brooklyn and City Hall plus via Linden Boulevard. If you want to see the entire route, click on the link below:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=212548485828702065310.0004e03ff8c7d78471245

I even listed the bus stops it will have and please give your thoughts about this. The main reason I proposed this bus route was mainly that Linden Boulevard is a major street yet it doesn't have a bus that operates down at least most of it.

at that rate you just created the BM6  :lol:

at that rate you just created the BM6  :lol:

This is not an express route nor does the BM6 exen exist. Anyways please tell me if it's a good or bad idea. And Express bus routes aren't made to serve certain streets (aka Linden Boulevard), they are made to carry passengers quickly between two boroughs and don't usually make local stops.

This is not an express route nor does the BM6 exen exist. Anyways please tell me if it's a good or bad idea. And Express bus routes aren't made to serve certain streets (aka Linden Boulevard), they are made to carry passengers quickly between two boroughs and don't usually make local stops.

Actually you have things confused.  They most certainly serve main arteries when there is no subway near by.  They also do make local stops in that they make local "subway" stops in the city.   In the neighborhoods they serve and stop, they usually make every other local bus stop, but if there is enough demand, they'll pretty much make most of the stops that the local bus makes.

Are there really industrial workers going to work at 3 AM, because if that's the case, that's new to me...

Yes, people work at all times. It's not like retail. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if there were people getting out from earlier shifts who wait up to an hour for that first trip.