Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

@qjtransitmaster FYI I am a (almost) regular rider on the 28 so ik there are two service patterns, second of all, before u hadn't said for it to get on the belt (which the next exit is ocean pkwy btw forcing it to go around) I would've agreed just a little bit (from Seagate via towers) but ur idea to get on the belt is ridiculous, it would be easier to start the bus at stillwell and then have it go through the towers

(And although I find the belt pkwy part ridiculous)

Where will u send the bus after the towers

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The trips that originate at canal ave will extend and NOT the current trips that go to surf at w12 those trips will remain. The canal ones get on the belt and exit at the next exit to serve the towers. Whilst Q23's idea for BM4 handles the rest of x29 ridership. Do you even know the x28's different service patterns? x28 has different variations if you actually pay attention to the schedule.

I have a surprise for you. Read thishttp://www.ibtimes.com/us-half-all-black-males-40-all-white-males-are-arrested-age-23-new-study-reveals-1526978?ft=643ja apparently you are way behind the ball dude. Besides the victims of most so-called black crime are mostly black people try again.

Based on bold neither do I.

Nothing surprising about that... Compare the population sizes of those two groups though and it still confirms what I said in the previous post.

As for the X28, it serves a completely different ridership base....  Let it the way that it is.

@qjtransitmaster FYI I am a (almost) regular rider on the 28 so ik there are two service patterns, second of all, before u hadn't said for it to get on the belt (which the next exit is ocean pkwy btw forcing it to go around) I would've agreed just a little bit (from Seagate via towers) but ur idea to get on the belt is ridiculous, it would be easier to start the bus at stillwell and then have it go through the towers (And although I find the belt pkwy part ridiculous) Where will u send the bus after the towers Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapat

Ohh that can work too.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Nothing surprising about that... Compare the population sizes of those two groups though and it still confirms what I said in the previous post.

As for the X28, it serves a completely different ridership base....  Let it the way that it is.

Are you illiterate or something?

How many times do I have to explain the difference between incarceration rates and crime rates? I just gave your dumb racist ass a whole essay on it and you still beat on. One last time: major factor in crime rate, statistically, is low income and crowded urban areas. Race makes zero difference. If incarceration rates are higher despite same rate of crime (see: weed....and everything else), then the problem is the system. Damn it man, you sound more and more like an actual klansman every time with this shit.

I guess extending x28 would get them on transit to Manhattan.

Can't do that. What do you do with the service to Sea Gate then?

While I concede that the proposed layover I proposed has problems, your plan creates two new problems.

1. What serves the Cooper Park houses on Kingsland Avenue if the B24 Williamsburg section is dropped?

2. What serves the isolated area of Greenpoint east of McGuinness Boulevard?

1) Directly, nothing.....

The closest route would be a (diverted/changed) Q59 @ Metropolitan/Bushwick.... I'd have that route run on Metropolitan b/w Rodney & Bushwick (av) before heading out to Queens (via a different routing, unrelated to this particular discussion)......

2) The B24 along Greenpoint av & the B48's that wouldn't run to Sunnyside (the buses that would remain taking the regular route; I only have the Sunnyside bound buses turning on Meeker @ Lorimer)..... Nothing would change as far as this goes.....

With your issues on layover space...I'd reconsider the eastern end of the B48 as follows:

To Greenpoint: via Nassau Avenue: right on Apollo Street, continue onto Vandervoort Avenue, and then as follows:

1. When the driver is pulling in after that trip, and the trip is scheduled to service the industry, the route would continue as follows: Stay on Vandervoort Avenue, left on Lombardy Street, left on Gardner Avenue, left on Meeker Avenue, with the last stop being Meeker and Stewart. Left at Vandervoort and deadhead to garage.

2. When the driver is returning to Lefferts Gardens: sit through a scheduled layover at Vandervoort and Meeker (far side), then proceed on the same route as  (1), except that coming past Vandervoort/Apollo, the bus would stay on Meeker.

3. Trips not servicing the industry: Relay as follows: Left Lombardy, left Varick, layover on Varick and Lombardy. Return to Meeker via best route available, head west on Meeker to begin southbound trip.

Southbound trips:

1. Not servicing the industry (relay). Proceed past Cherry/Meeker, relay beyond as per operator discretion..

2. Not servicing the industry, from garage: Turn onto Meeker from Vandervoort or Varick as per operator discretion.

3. Servicing the industry, from a prior trip, proceed from  (1) above.

4. Servicing industry, from garage: Service begins at Vandervoort and Lombardy.

The B48 would still go through the Meeker and Vandervoort interchange, but no turns would be made there except through operator discretion.

Although I personally wouldn't bother with sending buses on the other side of the industry, I will say that this edit/rendition is much better than the initial plan.... I mean, as long as buses are ending behind (or, east) of the off ramp, it wouldn't pose a problem as far as that traffic in question goes....

Curious though.... Why would you have B48's not serve the industry, but end just short of it?

The buses I have not serving the industry, I'd have serving a whole new market....

1) Directly, nothing.....

The closest route would be a (diverted/changed) Q59 @ Metropolitan/Bushwick.... I'd have that route run on Metropolitan b/w Rodney & Bushwick (av) before heading out to Queens (via a different routing, unrelated to this particular discussion)......

2) The B24 along Greenpoint av & the B48's that wouldn't run to Sunnyside (the buses that would remain taking the regular route; I only have the Sunnyside bound buses turning on Meeker @ Lorimer)..... Nothing would change as far as this goes.....

Although I personally wouldn't bother with sending buses on the other side of the industry, I will say that this edit/rendition is much better than the initial plan.... I mean, as long as buses are ending behind (or, east) of the off ramp, it wouldn't pose a problem as far as that traffic in question goes....

Curious though.... Why would you have B48's not serve the industry, but end just short of it?

The buses I have not serving the industry, I'd have serving a whole new market....

Select buses would serve the industry, but those streets can get crowded at times during weekdays, and it would be a dead zone on weekends, especially on Sundays. That is part of why the Q67 runs every hour on weekends.

Edited by aemoreira81

How many times do I have to explain the difference between incarceration rates and crime rates? I just gave your dumb racist ass a whole essay on it and you still beat on. One last time: major factor in crime rate, statistically, is low income and crowded urban areas. Race makes zero difference. If incarceration rates are higher despite same rate of crime (see: weed....and everything else), then the problem is the system. Damn it man, you sound more and more like an actual klansman every time with this shit.

Oh I know, blame the "system" "the man" "poverty"... Did you forget anything else? lol Sorry but we live in a country where plenty of people come from poverty and make it out just fine.  Come up with another excuse because these aren't working. The fact of matter is some people have a problem taking responsibility for their own actions.  I'm aware of the whole low income and crowded urban areas set up and what results from that, but let's not go overboard with that.  At the end of the day we make choices in life as to what path we're going to take and if you want to give yourself excuses, then there are plenty of them out there that can be used.

----

Anywho, this X28 nonsense needs to be dropped.  Give them their X29 back and call it a day.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Simple unchanged as most trips DO NOT go to sea Gate pay attention.

Oh I know, blame the "system" "the man" "poverty"... Did you forget anything else? lol Sorry but we live in a country where plenty of people come from poverty and make it out just fine.  Come up with another excuse because these aren't working. The fact of matter is some people have a problem taking responsibility for their own actions.  I'm aware of the whole low income and crowded urban areas set up and what results from that, but let's not go overboard with that.  At the end of the day we make choices in life as to what path we're going to take and if you want to give yourself excuses, then there are plenty of them out there that can be used.

----

Anywho, this X28 nonsense needs to be dropped.  Give them their X29 back and call it a day.

Umm for a handful of people yeah ok.

----

Yes, people make bad choices, and they should be punished for them. The NYPD, in their wisdom, punishes black and latino males for the "Bad Choice" of being black or latino. Nice argument there, ace.

Yes, people make bad choices, and they should be punished for them. The NYPD, in their wisdom, punishes black and latino males for the "Bad Choice" of being black or latino. Nice argument there, ace.

LOL... I know they only pick on certain minorities... :o I wonder why they exclude the Asians since according to you they have such a "vendetta" against minorities... <_< Could it be because their crime rates are low? Imagine that! I guess black on black crime is a form of "rebellion" against "the man"... Is that it? Smh...

LOL... I know they only pick on certain minorities... :o I wonder why they exclude the Asians since according to you they have such a "vendetta" against minorities... <_< Could it be because their crime rates are low? Imagine that! I guess black on black crime is a form of "rebellion" against "the man"... Is that it? Smh...

Normally I'd start an interrogation and subsequent debate, but it'll go nowhere as far as I see.

Though I will state that what you are saying is quite deplorable. Why you stick to these views is beyond me.

Select buses would serve the industry, but those streets can get crowded at times during weekdays, and it would be a dead zone on weekends, especially on Sundays.....

No question (about it), but what I'm getting at is, the B48 in that immediate area actually gets more riders within the industry, than from those residences just short of it (over there around hausman, north of meeker).... It's pointless to have buses end short of the industry; you may as well end buses somewhere around Nassau (G) b/c if buses aren't serving the industry out there, those buses will really be carrying air, east of that point.....

I suppose you could have more buses taking on your extended routing within industrial greenpoint, as opposed to however many you would have terminating short of it......

Select buses would serve the industry, but those streets can get crowded at times during weekdays, and it would be a dead zone on weekends, especially on Sundays. That is part of why the Q67 runs every hour on weekends.

The Q67 runs every hour because of low demand from Middle Village and Ridgewood to LIC. On weekends, most ridership is within Maspeth, or from Central Queens to LIC. Running through the industrial section of Maspeth isn't a reason at all. Hell, if the Q67 ONLY served industrial Maspeth, the MTA would just say "screw it" and let everyone walk to the Q39 or B24. The MTA wouldn't run the 67 if it ran in that form only, plain and simple.

The hell are you trying to say with this?

I'll site the statistics one last time just to see if maybe you have any working brain cells: 90% of targets of stop-and-frisk were black or latino, of which 88% were innocent. So yes, they are picking on certain minorities; based entirely on the color of their skin (and a few officers testified as such). That's awful and disgusting, and that you're happy about it tells us all we need to know about you. It's pretty damn sad that in the year 2013, in NYC of all places, this still goes on and people like you are delighted in it.

*One last thing: as a white dude, you're statistically much more likely to be a victim of a crime by a white person. I know, but durrr Bill O'Reilly told me only black people commit crime!

The Q67 runs every hour because of low demand from Middle Village and Ridgewood to LIC. On weekends, most ridership is within Maspeth, or from Central Queens to LIC. Running through the industrial section of Maspeth isn't a reason at all.

The fact that industrial maspeth is dead as it is on the weekend is also a factor as to why the 67 has hourly headways on weekends...... Saying that another way, you don't think the usage the route does get to/from the industry during the weekday is part of the reason it runs better than hourly, then?

Anyway, I didn't bother to comment on that comparison, for the simple fact that there are no residences around there in industrial maspeth (like there are w/ the B48, which is what we were discussing)...... 

The hell are you trying to say with this?

Simple... That people who don't commit crimes 9/10 don't have a problem.  

I'll site the statistics one last time just to see if maybe you have any working brain cells: 90% of targets of stop-and-frisk were black or latino, of which 88% were innocent. So yes, they are picking on certain minorities; based entirely on the color of their skin (and a few officers testified as such). That's awful and disgusting, and that you're happy about it tells us all we need to know about you. It's pretty damn sad that in the year 2013, in NYC of all places, this still goes on and people like you are delighted in it.

*One last thing: as a white dude, you're statistically much more likely to be a victim of a crime by a white person. I know, but durrr Bill O'Reilly told me only black people commit crime!

And the same stats you cite also state that all groups (regardless of race) were being stopped within proportion to the amount of crime that they commit, including White folks... Imagine that. 

Normally I'd start an interrogation and subsequent debate, but it'll go nowhere as far as I see.

Though I will state that what you are saying is quite deplorable. Why you stick to these views is beyond me.

I think it's deplorable to make allegations that there is some sort of conspiracy going on to target certain individuals.  The stats seem to indicate otherwise.

The fact that industrial maspeth is dead as it is on the weekend is also a factor as to why the 67 has hourly headways on weekends...... Saying that another way, you don't think the usage the route does get to/from the industry during the weekday is part of the reason it runs better than hourly, then?

Anyway, I didn't bother to comment on that comparison, for the simple fact that there are no residences around there in industrial maspeth (like there are w/ the B48, which is what we were discussing)......

Eh, you have a point (never looked at it that way, but yeah, it is).

Simple... That people who don't commit crimes 9/10 don't have a problem.  

And the same stats you cite also state that all groups (regardless of race) were being stopped within proportion to the amount of crime that they commit, including White folks... Imagine that. 

I think it's deplorable to make allegations that there is some sort of conspiracy going on to target certain individuals.  The stats seem to indicate otherwise.

And why was this not in my inbox? Screw it.

Being that I did say my piece in that now ruined DeBlasio thread in this section this is now redundant, but relevant nevertheless.

Read your last statement in the post I'm quoting, now read the statements in the following, which is a post you've made in this thread.

The reason I bring this up is because the two statements are contradicting. It isn't a conspiracy due to the fact that it's clear as crystal.

Edited by Turbo19

And why was this not in my inbox? Screw it.

Being that I did say my piece in that now ruined DeBlasio thread in this section this is now redundant, but relevant nevertheless.

Read your last statement in the post I'm quoting, now read the statements in the following, which is a post you've made in this thread.

The reason I bring this up is because the two statements are contradicting. It isn't a conspiracy due to the fact that it's clear as crystal.

To be honest ignorance feeds racism. No ignorance= no racism. I would say it's a combination of discrimination and lack of experience around black people that contributes to the conspiracy. Moreso ignorance I guess I am lucky police don't get violent with my black ass however that doesn't excuse VG8'S tone and insensitivity. However I guess being calm helps. Just ignore him he will fizzle out eventually. However I would blame the media more than the NYPD for the harrassing of blacks and Hispanics as the media portrays us as thugs and sadly people like VG and some cops are dumb enough to take the media seriously and innocent minorities pay the price for the actions of a few fools.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Proposals for restructuring routes in Downtown Brooklyn and DUMBO:

B25: Cut back to Tillary Street/Camden Plaza West. Have something else serve that part of DUMBO. Othe B25 is extremely unreliable and buses get stuck up there.

B27: New route operating between Williamsburg Bridge Plaza and 4 Avenue/86 Street in Bay Ridge. This route operates via Washington Avenue and 13/14 Avenues. That would allow the B16 to be straightened to stay on Fort Hamilton Parkway. This route would also serve Prospect Park and Borough Park.

B57: Truncate this route to Schermerhorn Street/Boerum Place (that was where it terminated prior to the 2010 service cuts) on it's western end. The route is unreliable and it doesn't even get much ridership on the Red Hook-Downtown Brooklyn segment. But extend it on it's eastern end to Queens Center Mall via Grand and 57 Avenues. Most B57 riders that get off at the last stop transfer to Q58s or Q59s to get to QB anyways. The extension also directly serves Maspeth High School.

B67: Eliminate that foolish extension through Navy Yard. Buses would revert back to ending at Sands/Jay Streets in DUMBO. But extend it to 62 Street/New Utrecht Avenue on southern end via 16 Avenue to replace part of the B23. MTA apparently thinks that these riders could easily make their way to the B8 for bus service when they eliminated the B23 but that wasn't the case.

B69: Eliminate the portion south of Flatbush Avenue that duplicates the B67. The MTA only integrated the B69 into the B67 to bastardize service levels on both routes. Instead, reroute it onto Union Street so it replaces the B71 west of the Grand Army Plaza since Union Street was left without bus service when the B71 was cut. The route would also go to South Ferry via the BBT as the B71 was planned to go there prior to elimination

B77: New route operating between Red Hook IKEA and Williamsburg Bridge Plaza. This route would replace the B57 along Court/Smith Streets, the B25 in DUMBO, and the B67 in Navy Yard.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=204309787698206762506.0004f01b02ae50d1d2f56

Comment 3000 is mine...

Convert Flatbush depot to CNG, fill it with C40LFRs, XN40s and purchase 64 NABI 65-BRTs.

Wrong thread dude.

This is a Brooklyn bus prop... since none of that is going to happen I'll clarify that was SATIRE!!!

Ye hath taken the bait, and now Brago, attack...

GIGANO REISU!!