NY Metro Area Highway Trivia

I figure we have these for teh Subways and stuff, lets do one for Highways too, Ill start.

- Why does the Southern State Pkwy start with Exit 13?

- Where can you find the Shore and Laurelton Parkways?

- What was the former state highway designations for 2nd and 1st ave in Manhattan.

I figure we have these for teh Subways and stuff, lets do one for Highways too, Ill start.

- Why does the Southern State Pkwy start with Exit 13?

- Where can you find the Shore and Laurelton Parkways?

- What was the former state highway designations for 2nd and 1st ave in Manhattan.

1) I believe it was a continuation of the Belt Pkwy

2) Belt Pkwy

Round 2 of Trivia:

- At some point there were two highways on Long Island named Southern Parkway, the more well known one runs from Elmont to Bayshore, where was the second one?

- Which numbered highway runs through all 5 boros?

- What is the highest numbered exit in New York city and what highway is it located on?

Round 2 - #1 - Sunrise Highway?

Round 2 - #2 - I know 278 runs through Staten, Brooklyn, Queens, and The Bronx; unless you are counting Brooklyn Battery Tunnel as Manhattan, then 278 runs in all 5 boroughs. If not I'm stumped.

Round 2 - #3 - It was either 47 or 48 off the Triborough Bridge into The Bronx. If not, then Cross-Island Pkwy exit 36N.

Round 2 - #1 - Sunrise Highway?

Round 2 - #2 - I know 278 runs through Staten, Brooklyn, Queens, and The Bronx; unless you are counting Brooklyn Battery Tunnel as Manhattan, then 278 runs in all 5 boroughs. If not I'm stumped.

Round 2 - #3 - It was either 47 or 48 off the Triborough Bridge into The Bronx. If not, then Cross-Island Pkwy exit 36N.

1) Nope, Sunrise Highway was always Sunrise Highway.

2) 278 is correct, Randalls Island is part of New York County or Manhattan.

3) Close, Its 49, unless they replaced the signs for the next few exits on the Bruckner which have no exit numbers posted.

i-278_eb_exit_033a_03.jpg

Oh wait I found an Exit 50 on there

i-278_wb_exit_051_02.jpg

Round 2 of Trivia:

- At some point there were two highways on Long Island named Southern Parkway, the more well known one runs from Elmont to Bayshore, where was the second one?

- Which numbered highway runs through all 5 boros?

- What is the highest numbered exit in New York city and what highway is it located on?

1) The Belt Parkway Between Conduit Blvd and Brookville Blvd

2) I-278

3)The highest numbered exit is on I-278, (Bruckner Expressway exit 54)

http://maps.google.c...,74.83,,0,-0.51

http://www.nycroads.com/roads/nassau_001-025/ heres the listing of all the Nassau County routes. It starts at page 1 here, then theres links to the rest. Some of em are small 1-2 block streets in the more densely populated areas. Supposedly in the Nassau County DPW headquarters theres a large map with all of em.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived