Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
East New York

R160 on the (R) line

Question for you train guys. How often do R160's end up on the (R)? I just got off a set, and was very surprised as I have never seen or even heard of it happening before.

Some of Jamaica's R46s are on the (C), but they will return to make the (R) 100% of those cars again after the summer.

Question for you train guys. How often do R160's end up on the (R)? I just got off a set, and was very surprised as I have never seen or even heard of it happening before.

Were you by any chance on a downtown (R) around 6:00 or 7:00 today? Got a video of it.

It happens occasionally.

I have not seen 160's on the (R) in the last year or two. For a time they replaced the 32's on the (R) with some 160's, but I have exclusively seen 46's since then.

(R) uses some R160's (jamaica spare R160's) for service for the lost R46's that went to pitkin 207th for the (C), after they get the R46's back the (R) should be 100% R160 again But once in a blue moon an R160 will pop up on the (R) sometimes on the 14:55 trip you can cacth an R160 if needed

I think there's 2-3 sets running during the weekday at most. Rush hour trippers IIRC.

the run em all day and on weekends as well until jamaica gets their 3-4 sets of 46's back

I felt the R-160, albeit finely air-conditioned, made my job a bit harder as a Conductor because of the long-winded announcements and slower doors. Whomever was in charge of recording them should have been forced to make a round trip or two with them...

Fried Chikkin this one is for you

This is 42 Street Times Square. Transfer to the (1)(2)(3)(7)(A)(C)(E)(N)(Q).(S) to Grand Central. There is a connection to Port Authority Bus Terminal. This is Queens Bound (R) train. The next stop is 49 Street

I felt the R-160, albeit finely air-conditioned, made my job a bit harder as a Conductor because of the long-winded announcements and slower doors. Whomever was in charge of recording them should have been forced to make a round trip or two with them...

I expect you'd prefer Kathleen Campion from the (F) line...