Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
aemoreira81

S79 Glorified Limited Service - 4261 at Staten Island Mall

4261 taking a long time to load customers - exactly why the S79 should have off-board fare collection. Even with rigids, if there was off-board collection; this bus would have taken about 25 seconds to load instead of in excess of 2 minutes.

4261-F.jpg

4261-R.jpg

• Upvote 3

I was on 4259 earlier today, the fact that it took 20 minutes to get to Eltingville SIR from Brooklyn was pretty astounding, had a pretty nice load on the bus as well. Did manage to see a few folks try to hop on from the back but the operator locked the door before they got the chance. At this rate, I'm kinda glad they are doing it this way.

• Upvote 1

I was on 4259 earlier today, the fact that it took 20 minutes to get to Eltingville SIR from Brooklyn was pretty astounding, had a pretty nice load on the bus as well. Did manage to see a few folks try to hop on from the back but the operator locked the door before they got the chance. At this rate, I'm kinda glad they are doing it this way.

20 minutes? Going, it took 35 ad coming back, it took 30 even with a crowded bus. However, the major delay points are Eltingville, SI Mall, and Bay Ridge...which to me should make the MTA consider off-board collection for the route...albeit down the line.

20 minutes? Going, it took 35 ad coming back, it took 30 even with a crowded bus. However, the major delay points are Eltingville, SI Mall, and Bay Ridge...which to me should make the MTA consider off-board collection for the route...albeit down the line.

it took me 25mins from eltingville tc to 92st bay ridge...i want the fare mAchines though

Guest MTA Bus

Since there is no off board fare collection, there's no rear door boarding.

Since there is no off board fare collection, there's no rear door boarding.

That's not what he's talking about. As of now, that's true, but he's saying in the future if they ever do put POP on the line, there shouldn't be rear-door boarding (at least that's how I interpreted it). If that's the case, I agree with MattTrain. I don't see the harm in allowing rear-door boarding.

That's not what he's talking about. As of now, that's true, but he's saying in the future if they ever do put POP on the line, there shouldn't be rear-door boarding (at least that's how I interpreted it). If that's the case, I agree with MattTrain. I don't see the harm in allowing rear-door boarding.

If there is no EAGLE team out there to check the farebeaters, that line will be full of it which is why I said rear-door boarding shouldnt be an option if POP comes into play.

If there is no EAGLE team out there to check the farebeaters, that line will be full of it which is why I said rear-door boarding shouldnt be an option if POP comes into play.

POP usually implies somebody will be checking the tickets, though.

POP usually implies somebody will be checking the tickets, though.

Tell that to the LACK of ticket checkers / EAGLE team enforcement along the Bx12, M34 & M15 SBS..... Just because they imply it doesnt really mean it sticks.

Tell that to the LACK of ticket checkers / EAGLE team enforcement along the Bx12, M34 & M15 SBS..... Just because they imply it doesnt really mean it sticks.

On occasion, the NYPD also does POP enforcement.