Which one doesn't belong (Subway edition)

Q43LTD

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Franklin (S) because it is the only one that does not have another route take the same path from start to end. The 42 (S) runs along the (7) train and the Rockaway (S) is supplemented by some rush hour (A) trains.

The rockaway shuttle is also the only one to share tracks with regular (non-shuttle) services.

Ok it's been well over 24 hours now, 2 pages later, and no one got it yet...

I know, but i'm enjoying people being stumped by an answer that is very easy. The correct answer is that the 42nd Street (S) is the only one of the 3 shuttles that does not go outdoors.

If you don't specify which station specifically, 59th street because it is the only one that shows up twice on a single route (the (R) train).

I took it down because it didn't fit what I was aiming for, so apologies. I'll think of a new one.

(4)(5)(A)(D)

Hint: Service Patterns

The answer was (A) since the other routes runs express or skips a station in every borough it serves.

Times up.

Eastern Parkway Line

Queens Blvd Line

Brighton Line

Broadway Line (weekend service)

Hint: Exp and Lcl service patterns.

The Broadway Line keeps it's same express/local patterns during the weekends

Queens Blvd because it has an express 24/7.

So does the Broadway Line... until December.

Times up.

Eastern Parkway Line

Queens Blvd Line

Brighton Line

Broadway Line (weekend service)

Hint: Exp and Lcl service patterns.

Queens Blvd is the only one where the locals terminate and the expresses have through service (in this case: 71-Continental Avs).

All the other corridors have the locals continuing and the express terminating:

Eastern Pkwy ((4) express begins & ends at Utica while (3) local has through service in/out of there)

Brighton Line ((B) express begins & ends at Brighton Beach while (Q) local has through service in/out of there)

Broadway Line (weekend and night (Q) express begins & ends at 57 St-7 Av while (N)(R) local has through in/out of there)

Queens Blvd is the only one where the locals terminate and the expresses have through service (in this case: 71-Continental Avs).

All the other corridors have the locals continuing and the express terminating:

Eastern Pkwy ( (4) express begins & ends at Utica while (3) local has through service in/out of there)

Brighton Line ( (B) express begins & ends at Brighton Beach while (Q) local has through service in/out of there)

Broadway Line (weekend and night (Q) express begins & ends at 57 St-7 Av while (N)(R) local has through in/out of there)

DING!

Archived