Using a Nikon D90 around East New York...

dmouse

Those are great cameras, if I'd had the money for one of those I'd have gotten one new, really solidly built. Excellent shot here, one of 4152 has to be my favorite. Rare to see people dare to take ENY street shots, good for you for getting some of the action there.

Can't blame them... Well now maybe these shots will give you the balls to go there and take some. :lol:

Not an issue of balls, it's an issue of geography...my MO is that if I'm in the area then I'll shoot...probably not the smartest idea considering some of the spots where I've pulled out a camera, but that's my thinking. Haven't been in ENY in a good 8 months though, so I've got nothing from over there.

Those are great cameras, if I'd had the money for one of those I'd have gotten one new, really solidly built. Excellent shot here, one of 4152 has to be my favorite. Rare to see people dare to take ENY street shots, good for you for getting some of tyhe action there.

It's a pretty nice camera, I'm a cannon person tho, I'm about to get a T3i. Lol

I've been walking through ENY for nearly 4 years now never had a problem once, not as bad as people think it is. Thanks.

Cool pics!

Thanks!

Can't blame them... Well now maybe these shots will give you the balls to go there and take some. :lol:

:lol:

Sharp! B-)

Thanks

Cool stuff!

Thanks

Excellent pictures from an area as I moved from there over 55 years ago.

I anm interested as to where was the RTS picture was taken and the school where the B/6 is passing in East New York?

Thanks again

Thanks

That RTS was the HAI TMC RTS, took it on sutter ave west of Logan Street.

Which B6 shot?

Good shots, I don't know why people are scared of East New York. Just because they shoot over there doesn't mean anything, I loved it over there all my life.

Thanks lol exactly It's not that bad

Thanks for the information about the RTS picture location as Sutter Avenue west of Logan Street, I lived 8 blocks to the west on Elton Street between Sutter Avenue and Blake Avenue. I have been checking Google maps for a picture of the building (I understand that it still exists) but I have not had luck yet.

The picture of Bus 4833 was the one that I was interested in the location. As the bus is assigned to Ulmer Park, I presumed it was the B/6.

Any help will be appreciated.

It's a pretty nice camera, I'm a cannon person tho, I'm about to get a T3i. Lol

I've been walking through ENY for nearly 4 years now never had a problem once, not as bad as people think it is. Thanks.

Thanks!

:lol:

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

That RTS was the HAI TMC RTS, took it on sutter ave west of Logan Street.

Which B6 shot?

Thanks lol exactly It's not that bad

I lived over there & by East New York between the J & L lines, it didnt seem too bad back then but now i don't like going over there because of what goes on but then again I dont care ive seen worse where I was at.

Thanks for the information about the RTS picture location as Sutter Avenue west of Logan Street, I lived 8 blocks to the west on Elton Street between Sutter Avenue and Blake Avenue. I have been checking Google maps for a picture of the building (I understand that it still exists) but I have not had luck yet.

The picture of Bus 4833 was the one that I was interested in the location. As the bus is assigned to Ulmer Park, I presumed it was the B/6.

Any help will be appreciated.

Oh that's actually the Ruby Manor Nursing home and Rehab center, building is like a couple of years old.

Thanks for the information about the location of the B/6. It also shows how little did I know about the area south of Linden Boulevard. When I lieved in East New York over a half a century ago, the Boulevard and Linden Houses had jsut opened, George Gershwin JHS was not ready for students and most of the area south of there was swampland. The area has really been built up since I left there..

Archived