Duchess of Cambridge hoax call nurse found dead

theaveragejoe

I dont understand why she took her own life. There are Z-100(NYC) type "radio scams and jokes" (this was an australian radio station that did it and their hosts has since been fired) all over the western world.

Even if the nurse was "fired' for the screw up(i.e given the personal info on Kate)i am sure in this international reality tv show era she would have gotten another job. Maybe even $$$ from the British tabloid press.

People need to learn that actions have consequences. Even if was thought out to be only a joke, it is by no means should be an excuse to humiliate people and to put them under such stress. Now there are two children without a mother thanks to those "individuals", it would be just to prosecute them to full extent of the law.

It's not the first time 2Day has ended up in hot water.

They've been in trouble with the ACMA before.On the Kyle and Jackie O a 14-year-old girl revealed on air that she had been raped while being strapped to a lie detector.

Then there's Kyle he's been given a slap over the head twice over breaking the codes and practices. The second one the ACMA put a licence condition Kyle and Jackie O Show (or any other program presented by Kyle) and the Hot 30 Countdown.

I dont understand why she took her own life. There are Z-100(NYC) type "radio scams and jokes" (this was an australian radio station that did it and their hosts has since been fired) all over the western world.

Even if the nurse was "fired' for the screw up(i.e given the personal info on Kate)i am sure in this international reality tv show era she would have gotten another job. Maybe even $$$ from the British tabloid press.

She wasnt fired, I think she was more embarassed on what happened and got depressed.

You guys realize that the DJs didn't kill her...she killed herself...

May as well have given her the gun and let her pull the trigger. I disagree here. It's one thing to be a 'shock jock', but it's another to harass people for entertainment. Unfortunately in this case the scale of the embarassment and shame was too much for her.

seriously, noone can anticipate someone killing themselves over anything...

So I dont find the DJs at fault in the slightest, something like this would actually get me to listen to their show.

Not in the slightest? Look, a suicide is a pretty grand response, they would have had to have known there would have been repercussions to prank calling an individual and getting them to divulge information, both for them and the individual.

Not in the slightest? Look, a suicide is a pretty grand response, they would have had to have known there would have been repercussions to prank calling an individual and getting them to divulge information, both for them and the individual.

From what ive read this person didnt divulge any information, just transfered a call to the private nurse.

Also I highly doubt those radio show hosts intended to get anyone to kill themselves over their prank, they just wanted to do something for laughs, which probably would be old news in a few weeks anyway and they'd be onto doing something else. They probably just intended it to be a harmless prank and probably didnt think the person on the phone would even fall for it.

Also I highly doubt those radio show hosts intended to get anyone to kill themselves over their prank, they just wanted to do something for laughs, which probably would be old news in a few weeks anyway and they'd be onto doing something else. They probably just intended it to be a harmless prank and probably didnt think the person on the phone would even fall for it.

Point well taken foxie for your perspective, but we do have some really wicked people in entertainment today, who lack decency on all levels. Personally speaking I'm outraged by these shock jocks harassing people for no good reason. Maybe they should be victimized in a cruel joke so they can have their lives ruined and feeling suicidal.

Those radio hosts are jerks, to put it nicely--their intention was to embarrass the nurses. On the other hand, I heard part of the tape, and anyone that believes that that voice belongs to the Queen is...gullible to say the least. It's a nasty situation all around that ended terribly

It was. Too many things came into play here that ended up as a tragic result regardless who is to blame. I am feeling very, very saddened for the person who committed suicide after the fact. People are under extreme pressure nowadays and sometimes they may feel so hopeless and with gloom and utter despair they see no reason to live. Such as a loss of a job and a career.

All the these incidents this year where people committed suicide by jumping the track dying after incoming trains that of course the T/O cant possible stop in time. I know for sure sad it is many people are shaken by such incidents. I saw on video a C/R break down and cry after one of these such incidents on a video in the news.

Those radio hosts are jerks, to put it nicely--their intention was to embarrass the nurses. On the other hand, I heard part of the tape, and anyone that believes that that voice belongs to the Queen is...gullible to say the least. It's a nasty situation all around that ended terribly

Those a---holes woops Aussie radio hosts might be "jerks" but look at the international media attention they gotten. I never heard of them until now. I wont be shocked in short while they will have a TV or radio show here in America as well. This is era sadly of controversy which gets get high tv/radio ratings and thus $$$. And basic morals be damned.

Realism how is a lawsuit proceed in this case?This nurse who comitted sucicide is in England while the radio hosts are Aussies.

Good question, I had to think about it. I believe that in England and Israel, an US court may exercise jurisdiction that is in a case against a local defendant. The problem is that Australia may not recognize the jurisdiction established. It was done in recent rulings against terrorists expedited to the US from the Mid-East for criminal trials. So well wait and see I guess.

Archived