Samsung unveils Galaxy S4

JubaionBx12+SBS

It's official. Samsung has gone Apple on us.

After re-watching from the beginning, indeed they have!

But I'll humor that Apple will sue them for that. </sarcasm> (For doing only a software update with a bigger screen and better resolution.

If a ROM comes out with the same features, I'll stay with my GS2 and wait for the Note 3 then, LOL.

Samsung has been Apple since the release of the Gala S 4G when you think about it.

But it's never been this bad. They didn't have a big public event to show off such a minor upgrade before.

From article, "Samsung unveils Galaxy S4" USA Today:

"The new Galaxy S4 has a 5-inch full HD screen. It is slimmer, lighter and more solid than its predecessor the Galaxy S III, Samsung executive JK Shin said as he unveiled the phone."

Samsung-event-fail-640x360.jpg

Correction: Looks like the United States (and by extension, Canada) will be getting a quad-core processor from QUALCOMM instead of the octa-core one designed by SAMSUNG itself. Korea is keeping its best stuff to itself, it seems. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/03/qualcomm-confirms-galaxy-s-4-will-ship-with-snapdragon-600-soc-in-the-us/

CenSin, on 15 Mar 2013 - 22:19, said:

I suppose there aren't many geeks here. On other forums, people are foaming over the 8-core processor (of which only a maximum of 4 will be used at a time anyway) and 1080p RGB screen.

I knew about the 8 core thing, but it's been said it's for the international version only. The US is supposedly getting a quad core, 1.9GHz Qualcomm SoC.

EDIT: and it looks like we posted at the same time.

I knew about the 8 core thing, but it's been said it's for the international version only. The US is supposedly getting a quad core, 1.9GHz Qualcomm SoC.

hehe! beat you by about a minute. LOL

EDIT: See previous post.

But I'll humor that Apple will sue them for that. </sarcasm> (For doing only a software update with a bigger screen and better resolution.

If a ROM comes out with the same features, I'll stay with my GS2 and wait for the Note 3 then, LOL.

You need to read the spec sheet the GS4 is near godlike compared to the GS2 and a worthy upgrade unlike the GS3 though. And some of that software may be hardware intensive.

Got hyped up for nothing...I'll stick to my S2

err I don't think you looked at the specs it is a HUGE improvement over the GS3 and GODLY compared to the SG4.

You need to read the spec sheet the GS4 is near godlike compared to the GS2 and a worthy upgrade unlike the GS3 though. And some of that software may be hardware intensive.

err I don't think you looked at the specs it is a HUGE improvement over the GS3 and GODLY compared to the SG4.

Like i said, I'll stick with my S2...

But I'll humor that Apple will sue them for that. (For doing only a software update with a bigger screen and better resolution.

Got hyped up for nothing...I'll stick to my S2

You are not a phone guy. With the current stuff out right now, the GS4 is merely software upgrade. My custom ROM can do almost all of which the GS4 can do. There is no app out that would use a quad core let alone an 8-core.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You are not a phone guy. With the current stuff out right now, the GS4 is merely software upgrade. My custom ROM can do almost all of which the GS4 can do. There is no app out that would use a quad core let alone an 8-core. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

not gonna lie 8 core is overkill I will wait for HTC M7 with 850/1900 HSPA bands. sony xperia ZL has one.

Like i said, I'll stick with my S2...

dual  vs quad okay . I however will compare it to other phones then choose the best of em I have no use for octa-core but better battery life would be nice. my GS2 has been dying stupid fast of late and I am fed up with it. I guess I will have to root it.

not gonna lie 8 core is overkill I will wait for HTC M7 with 850/1900 HSPA bands. sony xperia ZL has one.

dual vs quad okay . I however will compare it to other phones then choose the best of em I have no use for octa-core but better battery life would be nice. my GS2 has been dying stupid fast of late and I am fed up with it. I guess I will have to root it.

Mine doesn't have that problem..I could make it last the entire day

You are not a phone guy. With the current stuff out right now, the GS4 is merely software upgrade. My custom ROM can do almost all of which the GS4 can do. There is no app out that would use a quad core let alone an 8-core. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think you understand. 8 cores will never be used simultaneously by design. 4 cores are reserved for performance, and 4 are reserved for low power usage.

Background applications would do well with many cores since you can run many of them at the same time, but for foreground applications, multicore is not as helpful.

I don't think you understand. 8 cores will never be used simultaneously by design. 4 cores are reserved for performance, and 4 are reserved for low power usage.

Background applications would do well with many cores since you can run many of them at the same time, but for foreground applications, multicore is not as helpful.

And I don't think you understand the point I'm trying to throw across.  Hardware is not always to answer to solve problems.  Like I said many many times already, currently my GS2 can perform the same crap the GS4 is producing just by having custom ROM's.  Saves me an upgrade and saves me money.  Hell, my GS2 is outperforming my friend's GS3 and his is stock.  Goes to show that software helps as well.

My GS2 is constantly on and being abused left and right.  And I can pretty much last morning to night and a couple of hours left over with one charge.  Tell me now, would I need to change phones even my phone performs the same way?  Hell no.

*EDIT* And of course I know what 8-core's are...we have some AMD's running 8-core's and I've dealt with them before.

Archived