B37 Bus route

46Dover

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By "eastern half" on the B71, is that between GAP and Rogers?

Yes.

Because the fact that they're near the waterfront will just increase their value... It's more about the proximity to Manhattan that the hipsters and yuppies care about...  Waterfront neighborhoods for them are just like the icing on the cake...

The fact that folks are flocking to a place like Bushwick is mind boggling... Sort of in the middle of nowhere but it's relatively close to the city, so boom people move there.

You're not wrong, but let's not split hairs here.... You get the point.

As far as Bushwick, it's simple....

Brooklynites know that the people that can't afford Clinton Hill or Williamsburg go run out to Bushwick or Ridgewood....

You're right but there would have to be better transportation over there since it's a bit more isolated... That's what will keep it somewhat cheap... If it was right near a subway line, well you know what would happen... lol  Or better yet like Williamsburg... Have ferry service over there and then you'd attract folks with more money that don't want to deal with the bus to the subway.

Yeah, if the (F)/(G) ran over there in that immediate area (and served lower manhattan), forget it.... Rents would be through the freakin roof.... Give them their own express bus service & there you have it.....

Side note (I guess):

I don't know for how many years they tried kicking my father out of the bldg. where he lived before he passed...

See, he lived in (what's now considered) park slope when that area was still considered south slope (which was a part of sunset park) before it (park slope) became the thriving tight-knit community it is today.... There's a stark difference b/w south slope & park slope (neither of which is technically a part of sunset park anymore).... South slope is nothing more than a northward extension of sunset park..... Ask any realtor & they'll tell you quick that it is much harder tryna get people to (want to) live out in south slope, compared to park slope, due to the stigma that sunset park still has to this day....

You're not wrong, but let's not split hairs here.... You get the point.

As far as Bushwick, it's simple....

Brooklynites know that the people that can't afford Clinton Hill or Williamsburg go run out to Bushwick or Ridgewood....

Yeah, if the (F)/(G) ran over there in that immediate area (and served lower manhattan), forget it.... Rents would be through the freakin roof.... Give them their own express bus service & there you have it.....

Side note (I guess):

I don't know for how many years they tried kicking my father out of the bldg. where he lived before he passed...

See, he lived in (what's now considered) park slope when that area was still considered south slope (which was a part of sunset park) before it (park slope) became the thriving tight-knit community it is today.... Now there's a distinction b/w south slope & park slope (neither of which is technically a part of sunset park anymore).... South slope is nothing more than a northward extension of sunset park..... Ask any realtor & they'll tell you quick that it is much harder tryna get people to live out in south slope, compared to park slope, due to the stigma that sunset part still has to this day....

Neither were you, but you know what I'm saying... As for "South Slope" though, you do have more folks willing to move there now that are completely priced out of Park Slope since it's close to Park Slope and Sunset Park is becoming increasingly Chinese.  I spoke with an interpreter who was moving to Sunset Park. She was moving back to Brooklyn from New Jersey and said that was all she could afford since she's only been in the field for a few years and wanted to keep her car and be able to drive, so I would imagine she's paying $1,100.00 - 1,200.00 a month since that seems to be what some one bedrooms are going for over there.  

They're also giving people money to move out of and around "South Slope"... I think if they ever tore down the Gowanus and put it underground as had been proposed they would then gentrify that area by 3rd Avenue too along the former B37 route...

Neither were you, but you know what I'm saying... As for "South Slope" though, you do have more folks willing to move there now that are completely priced out of Park Slope since it's close to Park Slope and Sunset Park is becoming increasingly Chinese.  I spoke with an interpreter who was moving to Sunset Park. She was moving back to Brooklyn from New Jersey and said that was all she could afford since she's only been in the field for a few years and wanted to keep her car and be able to drive, so I would imagine she's paying $1,100.00 - 1,200.00 a month since that seems to be what some one bedrooms are going for over there.  

They're also giving people money to move out of and around "South Slope"... I think if they ever tore down the Gowanus and put it underground as had been proposed they would then gentrify that area by 3rd Avenue too along the former B37 route...

I see that you're trying to steer the topic back on track....

- As far as 3rd av along the Gowanus is concerned, it is going to have to be something drastic to end up happening out there (community/neighborhood-wise) first, before we can seriously entertain the bringing back of the B37 (well, IMO anyway)... I mean, FWIW it's commercially dead & let's face it, the residences out there aren't the greatest.... The bright spots I guess is that you do have the hospital (Lutheran) and that Costco's (which aint nothin to write home about, but it's a start) in the general area.....

- As far as south slope, well I wouldn't know it; as it resembles a dying community - the area has no "identity" (so to speak) of its own....

The action is in & about park slope in that part of Brooklyn (Carroll Gdns. bottomfeeds/benefits from it all)....

I'm not giving directions when I say this, but south slope is the part you drive through to get to [sunset park or bay ridge] on one end & to get to [park slope or downtown brooklyn] from the other end.... Giving people money to move out? Shit, you couldn't give me money to move in (there)! I would move to Bushwick, or even Windsor terrace before I'd move to South slope......

I see that you're trying to steer the topic back on track....

- As far as 3rd av along the Gowanus is concerned, it is going to have to be something drastic to end up happening out there (community/neighborhood-wise) first, before we can seriously entertain the bringing back of the B37 (well, IMO anyway)... I mean, FWIW it's commercially dead & let's face it, the residences out there aren't the greatest.... The bright spots I guess is that you do have the hospital (Lutheran) and that Costco's (which aint nothin to write home about, but it's a start) in the general area.....

- As far as south slope, well I wouldn't know it; as it resembles a dying community - the area has no "identity" (so to speak) of its own....

The action is in & about park slope in that part of Brooklyn (Carroll Gdns. bottomfeeds/benefits from it all)....

I'm not giving directions when I say this, but south slope is the part you drive through to get to [sunset park or bay ridge] on one end & to get to [park slope or downtown brooklyn] from the other end.... Giving people money to move out? Shit, you couldn't give me money to move in (there)! I would move to Bushwick, or even Windsor terrace before I'd move to South slope......

I wouldn't say that since it's all relative to the B37... Now Bay Ridge is becoming pricey too which has generally been known as a "affordable" neighborhood (in comparison to Manhattan) with a high senior population... Parts of Bay Ridge like Shore Rd has always been a bit pricier and more affluent with million dollar homes and pricey condos because of the views of the city from there, but Bay Ridge as a whole was a nice middle class neighborhood. You have hipsters moving there too though not in huge numbers, but because it's safe, and not a huge huge schlepp to the city they're going there which is puzzling to me because the (R) runs like crap. If you can get enough young folks moving in and around the B37 it may very well become useful again.  The industrial area that you speak of is supposed to be getting a big facelift... In the worse case scenario it could mean job growth in the immediate area which could spur on other things, but more importantly, a need for the B37 north of Bay Ridge.

I wouldn't say that since it's all relative to the B37... Now Bay Ridge is becoming pricey too which has generally been known as a affordable neighborhood with a high senior population... Parts of Bay Ridge like Shore Rd has always been a bit pricier and more affluent with million dollar homes and pricey condos, but Bay Ridge as a whole was a nice middle class neighborhood. You have hipsters moving there too though not in huge numbers, but because it's safe, and not a huge huge schlepp to the city they're going there which is puzzling to me because the (R) runs like crap. If you can get enough young folks moving in and around the B37 it may very well become useful again.  The industrial area that you speak of is supposed to be getting a big facelift... In the worse case scenario it could mean job growth in the immediate area which could spur on other things, but more importantly, a need for the B37 north of Bay Ridge.

Listen to this guy with what he is saying here, I have the exact same thoughts on the changing demographics of Bay Ridge in Brooklyn (in relation to his proposal to changes in the B37 route) as a former resident very close to the area myself. And yeah the (R) train service is horrible, always will be, hence the need for B37 service north of Bay Ridge. Indeed there is an influx of new people moving into Bay Ridge (damn hipsters!) but to be fair what he is saying does make sense. Let me throw in the fact there is also a influx of Middle eastern citizens particularly from Turkey and Yemen as well into Bay Ridge. All the more reason for the MTA to consider supplemental bus service or improvements on the routes already up and running.

One more thing, yes the real estate values is skyrocketing in Bay Ridge due to the popularity of many who wish to move there.

Listen to this guy with what he is saying here, I have the exact same thoughts on the changing demographics of Bay Ridge in Brooklyn (in relation to his proposal to changes in the B37 route) as a former resident very close to the area myself. And yeah the (R) train service is horrible, always will be, hence the need for B37 service north of Bay Ridge. Indeed there is an influx of new people moving into Bay Ridge (damn hipsters!) but to be fair what he is saying does make sense. Let me throw in the fact there is also a influx of Middle eastern citizens particularly from Turkey and Yemen as well into Bay Ridge. All the more reason for the MTA to consider supplemental bus service or improvements on the routes already up and running.

By that logic, usage on the B37 should have been booming before it was cut.... It wasn't, that's a large reason why it got cut.

The (R) has sucked for as long as I can remember.....

I wouldn't say that since it's all relative to the B37... Now Bay Ridge is becoming pricey too which has generally been known as a neighborhood with a high senior population... You have hipsters moving there too though not in huge numbers, but because it's safe, and not a huge huge schlepp to the city they're going there which is puzzling to me because the (R) runs like crap. If you can get enough young folks moving in and around the B37 it may very well become useful again.  The industrial area that you speak of is supposed to be getting a big facelift... In the worse case scenario it could mean job growth in the immediate area which could spur on other things, but more importantly, a need for the B37 north of Bay Ridge.

Yeah it's relative to the B37 since it panned along 3rd av, but that's it; that's what's making it relative....

That area around the Gowanus as it is now, there is no compelling argument strong enough as I see it, to have that route reverted..... Even you yourself mention a what if scenario that involves yuppies (assuming that's what you're referring to when you say young folks; as young lesser off folks aint goin accomplish anything) moving at/around that area in the hopes that the route will become useful again (somehow) with enough of those same young folks taking it.... That's a reason why I say something drastic is going to have to happen in the area for those same young'ns to get them to move out there to begin with... 

Bay Ridge wasn't the problem w/ the 37; Bay Ridge was the best thing the route had going for it usage-wise (as opposed to the 63 & how delay prone that route is, which gets riders from the areas in between bay ridge & downtown)... It was the rest of the 37 route that was abysmal....

One more thing, yes the real estate values is skyrocketing in Bay Ridge due to the popularity of many who wish to move there.

Well the Turkish population in Bay Ridge has been there for a while now... In fact I mentioned earlier either in this thread or another thread about showing a college friend around in Bay Ridge back in the early 2000's and even back then Bay Ridge was pricey, esp. Shore Rd, as it's always been that way.  I took him down there because I knew he would like the Turkish restaurants since he's Belgian and Turkish, but to add to what you said, the Middle Eastern population (not Turkey but Lebanon and other Arabic or Arabic majority countries) has been steadily growing up by the Sunset Park border in the 60s...

I actually convinced my old boss to move from Brooklyn Heights and buy a nice condo down in Bay Ridge... Must live near Shore Rd because I saw him waiting for the X37 one evening a few years ago... 

By that logic, usage on the B37 should have been booming before it was cut.... It wasn't, that's a large reason why it got cut.

Yeah it's relative to the B37 since it panned along 3rd av, but that's it; that's what's making it relative....

That area around the Gowanus as it is now, there is no compelling argument strong enough as I see it, to have that route reverted..... Even you yourself mention a what if scenario that involves yuppies (assuming that's what you're referring to when you say young folks; as young lesser off folks aint goin accomplish anything) moving at/around that area in the hopes that the route will become useful again (somehow) with enough of those same young folks taking it.... That's a reason why I say something drastic is going to have to happen in the area for those same young'ns to get them to move out there to begin with... 

Bay Ridge wasn't the problem w/ the 37; Bay Ridge was the best thing the route had going for it usage-wise (as opposed to the 63 & how delay prone that route is, which gets riders from the areas in between bay ridge & downtown)... It was the rest of the 37 route that was abysmal....

Exactly... But in Bay Ridge it was mainly used by the elderly population within the area who had no need to stray from the neighborhood... With the hipsters moving all about and the young population (which has always existed even before the hipsters, hence the busy bar scene down there), growing in Bay Ridge, the B37 could be more useful past Bay Ridge, but I think they would have to study that some.

I think once they finish with the renovation work of that industrial are over there they could argue like they did with the Brooklyn Navy Yard that now there's a true need for the B37 because they want to make money on their investment (they being the city) and if the place isn't reachable, well then that's no good for them... More people going over there and spending money and more job growth means more tax revenue for the city... You see how they revitalized the Navy Yard... That place was desolate and a dump for years... 

Isn't the IKEA in close proximity to 3rd Ave as well?

The IKEA is in Red Hook but not too far from the Gowanus... It would give folks in Southern Brooklyn an option with the B37.... They would then have to transfer from the B37 to another bus (i.e. B61) to get close to IKEA though. 

On that one with the MTA's logic now, I'm a bit lost I'll admit because the B37 does bring residents to the biggest subway hub in Brooklyn. (Atlantic Ave/Pacific) for access to Manhattan. I see that for whatever reason during the budget cuts the MTA decided to focus on cutting servce in Brooklyn for reasons I am not completely aware of according to their reasoning. And yeah that (R) train, jeez....

Well the Turkish population in Bay Ridge has been there for a while now... In fact I mentioned earlier either in this thread or another thread about showing a college friend around in Bay Ridge back in the early 2000's and even back then Bay Ridge was pricey, esp. Shore Rd, as it's always been that way.  I took him down there because I knew he would like the Turkish restaurants since he's Belgian and Turkish, but to add to what you said, the Middle Eastern population (not Turkey but Lebanon and other Arabic or Arabic majority countries) has been steadily growing up by the Sunset Park border in the 60s...

I actually convinced my old boss to move from Brooklyn Heights and buy a nice condo down in Bay Ridge... Must live near Shore Rd because I saw him waiting for the X27 one evening a few years ago... 

Forgot about mentioning that as I was still waiting forever for my coffee to brew when I posted (Just woke up looking at the news and studying to get ready for a new IT related contract to perform starting tomm), there's a growing Lebanese population out there as well in Bay Ridge.

Isn't the IKEA in close proximity to 3rd Ave as well?

Not.... really.....

It involves a trek through the seedy part of red hook & industrial gowanus (the neighborhood)....

On that one with the MTA's logic now, I'm a bit lost I'll admit because the B37 does bring residents to the biggest subway hub in Brooklyn. (Atlantic Ave/Pacific) for access to Manhattan. I see that for whatever reason during the budget cuts the MTA decided to focus on cutting servce in Brooklyn for reasons I am not completely aware of according to their reasoning. And yeah that (R) train, jeez....

Now that you bring it up, that's another possible reason B37 usage wasn't all too great...

As many ppl. did not use the B37 for that reason though, because it involved that long block walk due eastward on Atlantic, not to mention crossing the street(s) in that area... The usage that it did get towards downtown were of w/e people getting to fulton mall strip, city hall, etc - i.e, the "meat" (the heart) of downtown brooklyn (or w/e ppl xferred to other buses).... all of which was the main advantage it had over the B63..... On the flip side of that, ppl used/use the B63 to get to (what is now) Barclays center/Atlantic Terminal/Atlantic-Pacific/whatever you wanna refer to the area as - but of course, it evades the "meat" of downtown brooklyn....

Exactly... But in Bay Ridge it was mainly used by the elderly population within the area who had no need to stray from the neighborhood... With the hipsters moving all about and the young population (which has always existed even before the hipsters, hence the busy bar scene down there), growing in Bay Ridge, the B37 could be more useful past Bay Ridge, but I think they would have to study that some.

I think once they finish with the renovation work of that industrial are over there they could argue like they did with the Brooklyn Navy Yard that now there's a true need for the B37 because they want to make money on their investment (they being the city) and if the place isn't reachable, well then that's no good for them... More people going over there and spending money and more job growth means more tax revenue for the city... You see how they revitalized the Navy Yard... That place was desolate and a dump for years...

The only renovation/construction I know that's going on around 3rd av is what they're doing w/ the Gowanus expwy. itself by the interchange (prospect)....

What renovation are you referring to that's ongoing along/around 3rd av?

(no sarcasm or anything like that.... Honest Question)

Although all these different distribution companies have moved inside the Navy Yard, funny thing about is, is that I still see it as a dump.... My grandmother (father's side) used to live in the farragut houses (directly across from the sands gate of the navy yard) & I'd laugh at all the police tow trucks you'd see hauling ppl's cars inside the gate.....

LOL. The seedy part of red hook?  :lol:

In agreement with the rest of your response.

You laugh, but the area around Red Hook projects isn't to be taken lightly....

Areas around most NYC projects don't bother me much; Red Hook does not fall into that category.... projects around industrial areas (especially) is not a good mix....

You can't get to 3rd av from the dead part of Red hook (south or immediately east of Lorraine).. That is, unless you wanna go swimming...

The only renovation/construction I know that's going on around 3rd av is what they're doing w/ the Gowanus expwy. itself by the interchange (prospect)....

What renovation are you referring to that's ongoing along/around 3rd av?

(no sarcasm or anything like that.... Honest Question)

Although all these different distribution companies have moved inside the Navy Yard, funny thing about is, is that I still see it as a dump.... My grandmother (father's side) used to live in the farragut houses (directly across from the sands gate of the navy yard) & I'd laugh at all the police tow trucks you'd see hauling ppl's cars inside the gate.....

It's that industrial hub there right by the Gowanus where all of the big industrial looking buildings are located...

As for the Navy Yard, the city sure as hell is hyping it up as being a great thing... It did have some historical buildings which have been renovated so it has brought some life to that area.

Areas around most NYC projects don't bother me much; Red Hook does not fall into that category.... projects around industrial areas (especially) is not a good mix....

You can't get to 3rd av from the dead part of Red hook (south or immediately east of Lorraine).. That is, unless you wanna go swimming...

LOL. The seedy part of red hook?  :lol:

In agreement with the rest of your response.

He's right... Red Hook historically was an Irish/Italian neighborhood, but it's never been well-to-do and only recently has seen improvement... The housing projects didn't help with the crack and other drug infestation of the area back in the day... That area was a no go when I was growing up in South Brooklyn.

Another interesting note on Bay Ridge and Southern Brooklyn...

http://therealdeal.com/issues_articles/the-mansions-of-south-brooklyn/

Of course these affluent folks won't be using the local bus, but this would explain the "re-birth" of Bay Ridge if you will and why I can see hipsters moving down there... The bar scene is good and with them going even in Downtown Brooklyn and the Barclays Center being there, I could see the B37 becoming useful...

Believe me I hear you, used to live @ Farragut projects for a minute with a roomate when I came back from Pittsburgh  PA getting back in college, it was pretty wild out there back then. It's quieted down since I was there in when, like 2001?

Another interesting note on Bay Ridge and Southern Brooklyn...

http://therealdeal.com/issues_articles/the-mansions-of-south-brooklyn/

Of course these affluent folks won't be using the local bus, but this would explain the "re-birth" of Bay Ridge if you will and why I can see hipsters moving down there... The bar scene is good and with them going even in Downtown Brooklyn and the Barclays Center being there, I could see the B37 becoming useful...

Brooklyn’s current record holder is a townhouse at 212 Columbia Heights in Brooklyn Heights, which sold for $11 million earlier this year, according to the real estate data provider PropertyShark. But before that, an 8,200-square-foot brick mansion at 2111 East Second Street in Gravesend held the record for Brooklyn’s priciest-ever transaction, selling for $10.26 million in 2009.

:blink: Holy sh  .....

I'm still deciding over whether to  move to either Flushing, Queens or Harlem in the heart of the city as we were discussing as both areas are very multiculturaly diverse. Guess downtown Brooklyn is totally out of the question. Real estate analysts did say that some ares in Brooklyn is actually higher then even in areas in Manhattan go figure!

Anyway yeah going off topic as usual so how's that B37 going .........

:blink: Holy sh  .....

I'm still deciding over whether to  move to either Flushing, Queens or Harlem in the heart of the city as we were discussing as both areas are very multiculturaly diverse. Guess downtown Brooklyn is totally out of the question. Real estate analysts did say that some ares in Brooklyn is actually higher then even in areas in Manhattan go figure!

Yep... Just because an area is far out away from the city doesn't mean it's cheap...  Yeah Brooklyn Heights has been pricey forever now... Back in 2006 my boss told me about a studio in his building which was going for $1,300.00 at that time that he thought I would like.  He was paying $1,800.00 for a one bedroom there with his wife (this was after he had left the Upper East Side mind you), so you can imagine the price now... Always liked the area, esp. by the promenade, but I am not up for the subway or city living for that matter (as in uber urban) so that ruled that neighborhood out....

Yep... Just because an area is far out away from the city doesn't mean it's cheap... Yeah Brooklyn Heights has been pricey forever now... Back in 2006 my boss told me about a studio in his building which was going for $1,300.00 at that time that he thought I would like. He was paying $1,800.00 for a one bedroom there with his wife (this was after he had left the Upper East Side mind you), so you can imagine the price now... Always liked the area, esp. by the promenade, but I am not up for the subway or city living for that matter (as in uber urban) so that ruled that neighborhood out....

To show you how old I am, I remember visiting Brooklyn Heights regularly in 1958 and my father telling us to be careful because it was a bad neighborhood or a "slum". He warned us also about Bath Beach and how bad that area was. Of course we were perfectly safe in Brownsville or in East Flatbush where we lived then. Those were the "good" neighborhoods. Oh how things have changed. I can laugh at this now, but back then we weren't laughing. PS. Park Slope was also bad back then. Many of the bownstones were converted to SROs and many transients lived there, some of whom were on welfare.

To show you how old I am, I remember visiting Brooklyn Heights regularly in 1958 and my father telling us to be careful because it was a bad neighborhood or a "slum". He warned us also about Bath Beach and how bad that area was. Of course we were perfectly safe in Brownsville or in East Flatbush where we lived then. Those were the "good" neighborhoods. Oh how things have changed. I can laugh at this now, but back then we weren't laughing. PS. Park Slope was also bad back then. Many of the bownstones were converted to SROs and many transients lived there, some of whom were on welfare.

Not surprised by that at all, esp. Brooklyn Heights and Park Slope... Park Slope was an affordable place until the yuppies started moving in.  That's when the prices went through the rough... Brooklyn Heights has a lot of Manhattanites that have money but either are tired of Manhattan or want more space.  Lovely Brownstones, that's for sure.

East Flatbush and Brownsville were rather ethnic white neighborhoods, then they started to move out as they became more successful financially and once they left those areas went south for the most part...

From my understanding though, there is a desire to restore the B37, at least in Bay Ridge... I would think they would bring up some of the arguments that I did in this thread earlier...

East Flatbush and Brownsville were rather ethnic white neighborhoods, then they started to move out as they became more successful financially and once they left those areas went south for the most part...

There also was a lot of blockbusting by unscrupulous real estate agents scaring the white people to move. The entire neighborhood changed within three years from nearly 100% white to 100% Haitian and Jamaican. That was between around 1968 and 1971. The only holdout was the Butcher's Union Coop which remained partly white for another six years. We were one of the last families to move in 1977. Everyone was so afraid that crime would increase when the Blacks moved in. But the housing stock actually improved. The white people looking to get out let thir homes deteriorate for the last five years, not making any improvements. The Blacks considered their move a step up and immediately started investing in the homes, making improvements and revitalizing the neighborhood. The problem came from those moving into apartments, many of whom were unemployed or on welfare. You couldn't walk down the street without someone asking you for money on every other street corner. That and the increased crime by welfare peope and drug addicts was the major reason I wanted to get out of there.

No one asked my father for money because he used to dress like a bum. One time he took his hat off momentarily to scratch his head and someone threw a quarter in it. Even today, the neighborhood is still nearly 100% Black. That's unusual since white people are moving back into Harlem and Bed Stuy, but not in East Flatbush. I went back last year to visit and spoke for 45 minutes with the landlord of the next house who turned out to be the same guy who was my neighbor for the last three years I was there, but then we never spoke. He was very friendly and even invited my friend and myself inside to look at all the improvements he made to the house. He told us that the immediate neighborhood was now very safe, but there still is crime a half mie away.

...One time he took his hat off momentarily to scratch his head and someone threw a quarter in it.

LMAO !

Yep... Just because an area is far out away from the city doesn't mean it's cheap...  Yeah Brooklyn Heights has been pricey forever now...

Since when did you become a LI-er? Didn't know Brooklyn Heights was that far away.....

He really meant to show you guys how old we are. I can agree with every word in this post and his subsequent ones because I've also lived through it. Change, it can be good or bad, but nothing remains the same forever. I still think the (MTA) is slow to react to the changing demographics of Brooklyn and the rest of the city. I do realize the financial constraints the agency is under but at least they can try to be pro-active once in a while. Carry on.

Would it help if the B70 was extended to Downtown Brooklyn?

I remember you asking about this before.... and this was my response.

..I still think the (MTA) is slow to react to the changing demographics of Brooklyn and the rest of the city. I do realize the financial constraints the agency is under but at least they can try to be pro-active once in a while. Carry on.

Worse, I don't think they care about any changing demographics.....

Archived