2012 MTA Ridership Stats

BrooklynIRT

you know what stop running away from 42nd street's problem. Here is a bright idea add artics to M42 and increase service at periods of extreme ridership problem solved.

Artics were tested on the M42 when Quill's 5800 were delivered. You think if the MTA had every intention of putting them on the line, they would have done already?

I don't need to repeat what everyone else said to you already. Just man up and see the flaws in your proposals already. B35 nailed it on the head. Now, behave. I don't want to waste my first ban on you.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Artics were tested on the M42 when Quill's 5800 were delivered. You think if the MTA had every intention of putting them on the line, they would have done already?

I don't need to repeat what everyone else said to you already. Just man up and see the flaws in your proposals already. B35 nailed it on the head. Now, behave. I don't want to waste my first ban on you.

Ok that was all I needed to know you answered one of the questions I had unanswered. B35 did figure it out I guess the act will end now. Don't you think I should just map em out and kill off the flawed ones or learn google maps so people can actually have an objective opinion?

Don't you think I should just map em out and kill off the flawed ones or learn google maps so people can actually have an objective opinion?

Wouldn't you need to learn Google Maps anyway to "just map em out"?

Interesting what would happen to LIRR atlantic would it really downgrade to just a shuttle in the future? That does present unique opportunities.

Yes, it would be a shuttle from Jamaica to Atlantic when ESA opens.

I wonder what's up with the M60. Barring 2011, its ridership has only been going up. It's only competition from that area is the backtrack-to-Midtown subway, so I imagine growth from interborough travelers would do. How much growth came from trips wholly in Manhattan?

I wonder what's up with the M60. Barring 2011, its ridership has only been going up. It's only competition from that area is the backtrack-to-Midtown subway, so I imagine growth from interborough travelers would do. How much growth came from trips wholly in Manhattan?

Well why you think they added SBS? Nah just kidding but it must of been a double digit %.

According to DOT, all of the 125th St bus routes get 32K boardings a day in that area, and the M60 gets 10K of those. Only 10% of M60 boardings are at the airport.

• 4 weeks later...

where would you guys rate the b103 on the list?

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly.....

Ridership is around 12,000 per weekday, which is slightly below average. So there's what, like 300 routes? 350 routes? It's probably around 160-180 then.

It's less than 300 (local) routes; it's somewhere around 260-270.....

Secondly, 12k riders per weekday per route sounds kinda high for it to be around average....

FWIW, I'd think the avg. weekday ridership would be less than 10k....

Back in 2009, they listed the NYCT average as 12,540 on the weekdays, and 13,310 on the weekends (because they added up Saturday & Sunday ridership). See here.

Unfortunately, all the numbers from years after that are all fudged (I tried to get the official numbers, but they sent me the same nonsense they put out on their site), but it gives you a general idea. I'm not sure if they used the mean or median, though (my guess is the mean, which would probably make it slightly higher since you have routes like the Bx12 & M15 bringing up the average).

The average for MTAB was 8,323 weekdays, 4,925 Saturdays, 3,648 Sundays. See here.

Of course, a lot of routes were cut in 2010, but it would probably come close to balancing out (Some routes gained ridership when neighboring routes were cut, others lost ridership, etc). But I get what you're saying, since 10,000+ does sound like a lot for an average route.

Archived