NJT is looking for P/T Bus Operators in the Northern Division

SirJokaPlaya

If anyone in the Northern New Jersey area is looking for a job, if you have a license with no more than 2 points on it, New Jersey Transit is hiring Part Time Bus Operators and is taking applications on May 29th at 9am at 60 State Street in Hackensack. As a former NJT operator before I relocated, it was a great experience and a great job to work for. If you have great customer service skills, like to drive, and/or want to try something different, come down to 60 State Street in Hackensack. PLEASE HAVE YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARD WITH YOU. YOU WILL NEED IT...............

Market Street, Wayne, and Oradell are looking for drivers. 

• 8 months later...

It all depends on your availability.  If you make yourself available for a good chunk of the day (or 24/7), and the depot master knows he/she can depend on you, you'll get more work and rack up that 520 before you know it.  It also depends on what lines you know.  You'll get broken in on the primary line at your garage and other lines as your availability permits.  The more lines you know, the more work you'll get.  Most part timers are assigned to rush hour trippers, which can consist of as little as one trip.  Of course, many people have obligations (family, kids, other job, etc) and if your availability is limited, it is what it is.  Stick with it and you'll eventually make full time.

Also, I just noticed on the latest posting that the P.T.B.O. training is now 20-24 days (24 days for those at Big Tree, Meadowlands, Hilton and Fairview:  20 days general training, 4 additional days for articulated training).  Used to be 18-22 days up till very recently.  

• 8 months later...

You won't get to training until January. I was told they don't train in December. I'm going to take the test this week. Hopefully I cab get in for January or February. I shouldn't have put this off this long....had I did this when 553 told me too I would be F/T somewhere by now. Fingers crossed on getting Oradell, Wayne or Market St.

No training in Dec. Nov 10th is the last class, if you clear your medical and get an interview in a timely manner youll probably make the nov class.

Yeah BZ you would have been full time by now. You may get lucky and get hired straight to full time. Jan is the highest turnover for retirees.

Archived