B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is really admirable it seems that you have the passion for the job. Well I have been driving for some years now and what I am seeking is the better retirement and the fact that I love driving will help

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Been a life long dream for me!!! I love buses. Collect miniature ones, too.

(MTA) site said they don't plan on establishing a list for another nine months. I check periodically for updates and that was the latest for 4600

Edited by MasterKhem

Yeah according to the folks that took 2613, they had to take the BOSS exam first before they were giving a list number. Which means the following people who took exam 4600 and passed will most likely receive a letter stating to take the BOSS exam. If you pass the boss exam then a list number will be giving to those who pass the boss exam.

I believe 85% of people who took the exam 4600 passed, which means thats a lot of people. So in order to have a lock listing the boss exam will be the next step to cut down the eligible list. Many people believe its not possible to fail the boss exam but its possible if your answers are non consistance. I believe 4600 will probably last for 3 years or so and might be the last TA exam giving until 4600 either filled in or expires.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Wow that is really admirable it seems that you have the passion for the job. Well I have been driving for some years now and what I am seeking is the better retirement and the fact that I love driving will help

Been a life long dream for me!!! I love buses. Collect miniature ones, too.(MTA) site said they don't plan on establishing a list for another nine months. I check periodically for updates and that was the latest for 4600

Yeah I hear M.Khem my favorites were the MCI 12 with Greyhound really dependable work horse of a bus. Also liked Prevost when working charters. MCI G series was the last and most modern I had the privilege to drive before leaving Greyhound it was smooth. Now drive Gilig low floor. Phantoms ect.. suspension on those suck (my opinion). Or the company I work for cant maintain maintenance not really sure

Yeah I hear M.Khem my favorites were the MCI 12 with Greyhound really dependable work horse of a bus. Also liked Prevost when working charters. MCI G series was the last and most modern I had the privilege to drive before leaving Greyhound it was smooth. Now drive Gilig low floor. Phantoms ect.. suspension on those suck (my opinion). Or the company I work for cant maintain maintenance not really sure

What company, if you don't mind my inquiry??

What company, if you don't mind my inquiry??

Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART). Tampa FL.

Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART). Tampa FL.

Oh wow!! It's gonna be crazy for you going back and forth for processing.

LOL My family thinks im nuts but I miss the city plus I want that pension. FL is a nice place but it is also a right to work State I had enough of it.

Whats the max pay for that company?

Top pay is $20.40 projected $20.80 on year 2015. Ohh by the way 8yrs to reach top pay. Lets not get started on the health insurance and its cost.

Whats the max pay for that company?

Top pay is $20.40 projected $20.80 on year 2015. Ohh by the way 8yrs to reach top pay. Lets not get started on the health insurance and its cost.

ahhh yeah i see. I always said the living cost down there is way cheaper than ny but the income wages are not great down there compare to ny

ahhh yeah i see. I always said the living cost down there is way cheaper than ny but the income wages are not great down there compare to ny

Quality of life is better less congestion but yeah the pay is the sacrifice.

Believe it or not, finances is secondary for me. I just want to operate a bus. Gimme and Orion V or and Orion VII NG and I'll be in bliss. I would love to operate an MCI or Prevost express bus, but May have to move way up in seniority for that!!!

Nope thats not how it works its all just whatever is lined up in the depot ready to go out. Its just a roll of the dice. I drive all of those ob a regular basis and im very new

Nope thats not how it works its all just whatever is lined up in the depot ready to go out. Its just a roll of the dice. I drive all of those ob a regular basis and im very new

Music to my ear.... Or eyes, since I am reading, lol. Thank you for that info. Someone else told me you had to move up in seniority yo get an express run.

Music to my ear.... Or eyes, since I am reading, lol. Thank you for that info. Someone else told me you had to move up in seniority yo get an express run.

Well might be slightly tougher but i work extra list (i might do local one day than express the next) you will work every line in that depot on the 'extra list'

Well might be slightly tougher but i work extra list (i might do local one day than express the next) you will work every line in that depot on the 'extra list'

What kind of hours are you averaging on the extra list? How long you been on the job?

What kind of hours are you averaging on the extra list? How long you been on the job?

Everything from 80 to 95 is the norm..

Only got 6 months on.

First off congrats 6 more months to finish probation. Just curios to know

is that 95 hrs on a 10 day schedule are you able to work extra days like days off. Also what depot are you in?

Everything from 80 to 95 is the norm..

Only got 6 months on. First off congrats 6 more months to finish probation. Just curios to know

is that 95 hrs on a 10 day schedule are you able to work extra days like days off. Also what depot are you in?

Also I believe the term is swing shifts does TA pay half on splits of 5hrs or more

Also I believe the term is swing shifts does TA pay half on splits of 5hrs or more

OK well shifts its 5 days a week of course some days its 8 hours straight with a half hour swing (break) or sometimes my day starts at 6am work till 10am than swing till 5pm and work till 9pm. Its all over the place

As far as swing which is your break sometimes you have more than 1 swing in a day usually 2. The minimum you can get is 20 minutes. Your late from last trip and it messes up your swing they will adjust when your next pull out is....

Swings under 1hour are paid in full. Everything over that is paid half half time so you have a big swing go home do whatever you want. Your not locked in the depot. No one is going to come looking for you on your swing.

As far as what depot I'm in, Yukon in Staten island

OK well shifts its 5 days a week of course some days its 8 hours straight with a half hour swing (break) or sometimes my day starts at 6am work till 10am than swing till 5pm and work till 9pm. Its all over the place

As far as swing which is your break sometimes you have more than 1 swing in a day usually 2. The minimum you can get is 20 minutes. Your late from last trip and it messes up your swing they will adjust when your next pull out is....

Swings under 1hour are paid in full. Everything over that is paid half half time so you have a big swing go home do whatever you want. Your not locked in the depot. No one is going to come looking for you on your swing.

As far as what depot I'm in, Yukon in Staten island

Thanks for the response appreciate it