B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Been very quiet here. Hows everyone doing? Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

All is well at the moment. Just playing the waiting game for the proposed answer key. 

Also, keeping an eye on the Atlantic Express to Academy transition on the x23/x24 routes on Staten Island.

I'm also thinking about when the BOSS exam will come up. I'm taking a gamble on one weekend in April. If the BOSS exam comes up then, i'm just going to forfeit the flight (less than $100 bucks).

Edited by 161passenger

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been very quiet here. Hows everyone doing? Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

All is well at the moment. Just playing the waiting game for the proposed answer key. 

Also, keeping an eye on the Atlantic Express to Academy transition on the x23/x24 routes on Staten Island.

I'm also thinking about when the BOSS exam will come up. I'm taking a gamble on one weekend in April. If the BOSS exam comes up then, i'm just going to forfeit the flight (less than $100 bucks).

Ahhh I see. Yeah my gut is telling me late summer time some of us will take the BOSS exam and by 2015 they will start 4600 hiring process. Its all up to how fast 2613 list finish their process. But out of 100% maybe 50% will be hired if everything goes well.

I took the BOSS exam for 3101, with my random list number being in the 8k I have more hope with 4600 being process quicker than mabstoa within the upcoming years.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I hope the call back process does start in mid to late 2015 because that's when I will the three year minimum for my licenses.

LOL im giving myself that time to loose 100lbs. Doing good so far accomplished 2 sit-ups yeasterday. :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Ok folk sorry in advance for repeated Q. I understand MTA requires out of state applicants to bring an abstract. Does anyone know at what point in the process will MTA require applicants to have a NYS license and complete address change. Specifically asking if it is before training, before or after the physical or once a person completes the 10 days.

That's not true. U gonna need a ny license if u working for mta. Cuz u license could get suspended if it's from out of state and mta won't find out unless they c ya abstract. With a ny license they would know if ya license is suspended ASAP.

Edited by Dre87

That's not true. U gonna need a ny license if u working for mta. Cuz u license could get suspended if it's from out of state and mta won't find out unless they c ya abstract. With a ny license they would know if ya license is suspended ASAP.

Yeah I know once hired there is no choice but to have a NYS license, but what i am most concearned is during the process of the physical and training.

Thats what im trying to find out- At what time do I need to have my GA-CDL transferd over to a NY-CDL because im still working in atlanta were I teach people how to drive school buses. so i need to wait until the last min. to change it over.  that why I need to find out is it by the time you take your drug test/ med/ or when they offer you the job

Thats what im trying to find out- At what time do I need to have my GA-CDL transferd over to a NY-CDL because im still working in atlanta were I teach people how to drive school buses. so i need to wait until the last min. to change it over. that why I need to find out is it by the time you take your drug test/ med/ or when they offer you the job

Just call mta and get the correct answer (347) 643-8229

first at least attempt to spell correct, snd yes you can have out of state licenses. I am a B.O. in staten island and a solid 10% maybe have NJ licenses. If you are still doubtful PM me ill take a copy of the bulliten.

Do you know that for a fact ? There are many people who work for MTA and do not have NY license. So you are wrong.

So if that's the case why do the notice of exammination for exam 2613 say u need a NY LICENSE? y don't it just say all u need a valid class b permit/license?

first at least attempt to spell correct, snd yes you can have out of state licenses. I am a B.O. in staten island and a solid 10% maybe have NJ licenses. If you are still doubtful PM me ill take a copy of the bulliten.

What didn't I spell correct? U need to take ya own advice & spell correct. Edited by Dre87

So if that's the case why do the notice of exammination for exam 2613 say u need a NY LICENSE? y don't it just say all u need a valid class b permit/license?

first at least attempt to spell correct, snd yes you can have out of state licenses. I am a B.O. in staten island and a solid 10% maybe have NJ licenses. If you are still doubtful PM me ill take a copy of the bulliten.What didn't I spell correct? U need to take ya own advice & spell correct.

Dre has a point. When you are called in you need a nys license. My father whos an operator states that you do need a nys license upon the hiring process, but most of the driver that has an out of state license are drivers whos been in the job for a long time. So best advice is upon hiring process you will need a nys driver license.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you all 4600 team for responding I appreciate you guys. I will call the MTA# provided I didnt have it till now and I will post what they tell me. Chances are some of us will meet throughout this process perhaps even work together for now it is a good thing to be able to communicate via this forum thanks to all once again.

but if i remember right it said you need a NY-CDL by the time you are appointed - I dont think it said anything about before that - i could be wrong and i called three times 1 person said yes / 1 person said no and 1 person told me to call back they were not sure