question about diamond front route signs on NTT's

pelhamlocal

That will be the Rockaway shuttle, seperate from the (A).

But why was my information false then? I initially said that the (S) is also used on the Rockaway line in conjunction to the (A) which is true because you and a few others confirmed that.

But why was my information false then? I initially said that the (S) is also used on the Rockaway line in conjunction to the (A) which is true because you and a few others confirmed that.

You said this...

Indeed. And the rush hour (A) to Rockaway Park is designated as the (S).

That's incorrect. The Rock Park (S) goes from Rockaway Park to Broad Channel at all times . In addition to that during the morning rush, 5 (A) trains come from there and go to Manhattan. Then during the pm rush, 5 (A) trains coming from Manhattan go to Rockaway Park.

Those (A) trains to/from Rockaway Park say (A) and are a physically separate like from the (S)

Also, since it continuously keeps coming up here, ALL (A) 's that run to Rock Park start at 168 St, and all AM (A) 's that come out of Rock Park run to 207 St like any other (A) .

In that case you may wanna contact the (MTA) to update their information (since you work for them it's much easier to make the change) because I clearly see (A)'s to Rock Park that start at Dyckman St in the timetable: http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/pdf/tacur.pdf (for example the 5:16 from Dyckman St to Rock Park on weekday service southbound).

Guest Lance

I say the (5) to Nereid Avenue should be diamond too. It was during the redbird times, and on the maps until a few years ago.

They used to be labelled as diamonds on the maps and presumably on the trains themselves until 2004 when the use of diamonds changed to represent express versions of the local route only and not rush hour extensions/reroutes as well.

In that case you may wanna contact the (MTA) to update their information (since you work for them it's much easier to make the change) because I clearly see (A)'s to Rock Park that start at Dyckman St in the timetable: http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/pdf/tacur.pdf (for example the 5:16 from Dyckman St to Rock Park on weekday service southbound).

I stand corrected. With the current (A) supplement, there is a 5:16 put-in that starts at Dyckman St (before Sandy, that train went into service at 168 along with the others). However, the earlier 4 showcases are still listed in the supplement as starting at 168.

And just to clarify since it has come up a couple times in this thread - there ARE some N/B (A) trains which drop out at 168 or Dyckman St in order to lay up, however, all of the Rock Park trains are scheduled to go to 207 and stay in service (they become Far Rock bound trains)

They used to be labelled as diamonds on the maps and presumably on the trains themselves until 2004 when the use of diamonds changed to represent express versions of the local route only and not rush hour extensions/reroutes as well.

2005*

To be exact: May 27, 2005.

I stand corrected. With the current (A) supplement, there is a 5:16 put-in that starts at Dyckman St (before Sandy, that train went into service at 168 along with the others). However, the earlier 4 showcases are still listed in the supplement as starting at 168.

And just to clarify since it has come up a couple times in this thread - there ARE some N/B (A) trains which drop out at 168 or Dyckman St in order to lay up, however, all of the Rock Park trains are scheduled to go to 207 and stay in service (they become Far Rock bound trains)

You are something else for someone who never worked the line not even 6 months. You think you know everything.  YES there are trains that go from Rock Park to 207 and Lefferts to 168 & Dyckman AND Far Rock to Dyckman, how do I know because I'm behind one everyday that drops out at 168 and Dyckman. My next job next pick goes from Far Rock to Dyckman, And there are trains that HAVE started at 59 Street to Rock park but because of  incident they now start at either Dyckman If instructed by the tower or normally at 168

FYI - The June 2012 schedule shows that same 5:16 train out of Dyckman. I don't know if that's how the service ran, but it's in the schedule. December 2010, too. But in September 2009, the first stop on all five was 59th.

FYI - The June 2012 schedule shows that same 5:16 train out of Dyckman. I don't know if that's how the service ran, but it's in the schedule. December 2010, too. But in September 2009, the first stop on all five was 59th.

We already kinda figured out that it's there for quite some time now: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/41445-question-about-diamond-front-route-signs-on-ntts/page-4?do=findComment&comment=684315

But thanks for the links to the old schedules, that's really helpful too :)

You've been coming into threads that are a couple day old and necrobumping them...

I'm not here every day. If I see an interesting thread and have something to add, I'll add it. I looked up the old schedules and saw that the 5:16 train ran out of Dyckman as far back as December 2010. If anybody else posted that piece of information before me, I'm not seeing it.

Necroposting usually refers to posts that are months or years old. (And, frankly, I don't see the crime even in true necroposting, as long as it's done sparingly. If there's a new development on a topic from two years ago, it can be convenient for everybody to have the old discussion handy.)

Archived