How many years do the R46s have left ?

E For Erica

Last time I checked the R46s have until 2015 but I was wondering if that changed. And if so , what year DO they retire. what train will be the last line with them ? And what will they be replaced by ? Growing up the R46s were my most favorite cars and the subway will not not be the same when they retire.

They will also receive an SMS, which will keep then in service until the R211s begin arriving by the end of this decade.

Like how they SMSed them in 2008 right ?They did a good job back then they came out smoove , shiny and the new floors & seats looked nice. My friend who came from california one day thought the 46 was a new tech. :) And do they still run the R46s with the new floors & blue seats ?

Like how they SMSed them in 2008 right ?They did a good job back then they came out smoove , shiny and the new floors & seats looked nice. My friend who came from california one day thought the 46 was a new tech. :) And do they still run the R46s with the new floors & blue seats ?

I know some of them have the blue seats, but I forgot which numbers. 

5666-5667-5669-5668 has blue seats.

Remember, those cars were plauged with problems during the first half of their life. They practically had to be completely rebuilt at one point, so they don't really seem that old.

(They are starting to show their age, the bucking and the fix-all duct tape.)

Archived