New Haven shut down- -

nostalgia

Does anyone have details on the 3 to 4 details of the Bus Shuttles in Westchester County...i am lookng for all details on the street routings on the bus routes..thank you..

Steve

Fdny

Does anyone have details on the 3 to 4 routes of the Bus Shuttles in Westchester County...i am lookng for all details on the street routings on the bus routes..thank you..

Steve

Fdny

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as I'm not in Grand Central it doesn't. I've been using the good old express bus so no problems here.  :D I know one thing... If I had a monthly MNRR pass I would be pissed right about now if I was using the New Haven Line.  For now I've stuck with my weekly unlimited express bus pass and buying MNRR tickets as needed.

As far as the situation goes, I think the blame should be on ConEd first and foremost and the (MTA) as well.  What sort of back up plan would they have if the entire MNRR system was affected? 

Here's the question though. Is there any service running on the New Haven line? Yes. There is. It would be understandable to ask for refunds if the line was shut down entirely and there was absolutely no service running at all. But that's not the case. Train service was only completely suspended for a couple of hours Wednesday morning. Folks could still get to their destinations - just not as quickly as they're used to.

As to your statement about avoiding Grand Central this weekend, good for you. Nobody cares.

Here's the question though. Is there any service running on the New Haven line? Yes. There is. It would be understandable to ask for refunds if the line was shut down entirely and there was absolutely no service running at all. But that's not the case. Train service was only completely suspended for a couple of hours Wednesday morning. Folks could still get to their destinations - just not as quickly as they're used to.

As to your statement about avoiding Grand Central this weekend, good for you. Nobody cares.

-I think it's understandable that the (MTA) never gives refunds because they're a bunch of crooks, so of course it would be understandable.  The paying public should always be understanding because it's never the (MTA) 's fault.

-Apparently you do since you decided to comment on it.

Steve,

The MNR Shuttle buses run in two sections. In the AM they run from New Haven stations and in the PM to New Haven stations.

I'm assuming the Rye shuttles are running on i287 and then via Tarrytown Rd to the White Plains Station.

The Mt Vernon Shuttle in the AM boards at the Bee-Line bus area at the Mt. Vernon Station. It turns first left at Portugal Pl, left at Prospect and then continues until a left on N 5th and a quick right onto Stevens Ave. Steven Turns into Mount Vernon Ave and the Mt. Vernon West Station is at the city line at the end of the block. Discharge is on Mt. Vernon Ave.

The PM Mt. Vernon and Pelham shuttles board on S. West Street. The MT.V shuttle U-Turns on Mac Questen Pkwy, makes the right back onto Mt. Vernon Ave/Stevens Ave/Fiske Pl, then continues until traffic flows back onto Prospect Ave. The bus turns right onto Park Ave, and makes a quick left onto Elm Ave where Mt. Vernon East is.

Anyone know what path the Pelham Shuttle runs? I'm sure they could run the Bronx River and Cross County in Mount Vernon without any clearance issues.

-I think it's understandable that the (MTA) never gives refunds because they're a bunch of crooks, so of course it would be understandable.  The paying public should always be understanding because it's never the (MTA) 's fault.

-Apparently you do since you decided to comment on it.

You seem to have a lot of problems with Metro-North.  How about don't ride Metro-North!  You can get to your destination some other way and you won't have to deal with the 'crooks' at the MTA.

You seem to have a lot of problems with Metro-North.  How about don't ride Metro-North!  You can get to your destination some other way and you won't have to deal with the 'crooks' at the MTA.

Why because I don't brown nose the (MTA) ?  I'm sure thousands of other riders share my sentiments.  That doesn't mean they don't use the system Mr. LIRR.

As long as I'm not in Grand Central it doesn't. I've been using the good old express bus so no problems here. :D I know one thing... If I had a monthly MNRR pass I would be pissed right about now if I was using the New Haven Line. For now I've stuck with my weekly unlimited express bus pass and buying MNRR tickets as needed.

As far as the situation goes, I think the blame should be on ConEd first and foremost and the (MTA) as well. What sort of back up plan would they have if the entire MNRR system was affected?

So how the heck does what happens on the NH line effects you when your on the Hudson, even in GCT? When I go through there it's just short of business as usual. Sure a few more clueless people than usual.

If the entire system was shut down? It has happened. Some 10 years ago when the entire northeast US was without power. But of course that would have been our fault too.

Is Amtrak operating diesels? I saw two of those Genesis diesels around 11;50 P.M. hauling a Northeast Regional (?), plus three cars at the end that looked like push-pull coaches. And I saw two of them hauling another train about 40 minutes ago, heading north.

Yes, Amtrak is running diesels between New Haven and "F" Tower in Queens. Delays are up to 90 minutes. No Acela Expresses are running. Regional trains have been lengthened.

I just took some pictures of 2 Genesis NE Regional trains, and one of them passed next to the CSX train.  :D The Vermonter just passed, I might get it in the afternoon.

Oh please.  This is a completely different situation that could last for another three weeks or longer!  That is indeed inexcusable in my book, as well as in the Governor's book because it shows that ConEd and the (MTA) for that matter were unprepared and are unprofessional.  They have a responsibility and an obligation to the public to prepare better so as not to have problems like this occur.  If we continue to allow them to run whatever service they want without demanding better service, well then the service may just continue to deteriorate.  The subway is a prime example of that, as service becomes worse each year while fares continue to increase.  They know that this city relies upon them to move people around due to the density of New York City, so their job is to first avoid these things in the first place, but second, get service restored quickly, especially for what they are charging these people.  They're demanding premium prices with subpar service.

Let's see. New cars were purchased. A new station with expanded parking was built. The Bronx ROW is being fixed. An Absolute waste of money.

There has been spots of M8's working the Harlem territory. However there isn't much of a need. The few I've boarded are filled, but not packed.

It's not that they are needed. It's the fact that there is no room to store them. These are trains that may have been kept at at New Haven or Stamford. GCT yard can only hold so much equiptment so the alternative is send them to Harlem and Hudson train yards or use them for passenger service.

Let's see. New cars were purchased. A new station with expanded parking was built. The Bronx ROW is being fixed. An Absolute waste of money.

Yeah and?   What's your point exactly?  I don't see what any of that has to do with the New Haven situation.

So how the heck does what happens on the NH line effects you when your on the Hudson, even in GCT? When I go through there it's just short of business as usual. Sure a few more clueless people than usual.

If the entire system was shut down? It has happened. Some 10 years ago when the entire northeast US was without power. But of course that would have been our fault too.

It probably won't too much but I'll still be taking the express bus anyway for a while until things get back to normal.

Yeah and?   What's your point exactly?  I don't see what any of that has to do with the New Haven situation.

It probably won't too much but I'll still be taking the express bus anyway for a while until things get back to normal.

You wrote in an earlier message They have a responsibility and an obligation to the public to prepare better so as not to have problems like this occur.  My point is the MTA is preparing better by buying new equipment and increasing parking space for commuters.

You wrote in an earlier message They have a responsibility and an obligation to the public to prepare better so as not to have problems like this occur.  My point is the MTA is preparing better by buying new equipment and increasing parking space for commuters.

lol... That still has nothing to do with the current New Haven situation, which was what I was referring to rather than in general.

Archived