R38's and R42's retiring soon (Feel free to add photos & videos)

trainfan22

i dont think they are bullying any more 42s, they mite start on the 38s pretty soon

the first pic is a gem! as are with the others, too. B)

Cool, strange to see an R42 on (E), I guess the (M) no longer has any R42 cars anymore... great shots.

Thanks!!

@ everyone else feel free to add photos and videos!!

101_0257.jpg

101_0268.jpg

101_0269.jpg

101_0283.jpg

101_0286.jpg

100_4281.jpg

100_4282.jpg

100_4288.jpg

R-42 (J) train from Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer to 104th Street

R-42 (J) train from Alabama Avenue to Kosciuszko Avenue

R-42 (J) train from Marcy Avenue to Essex Street via Williamsburg Bridge

R-42 (J) train from Myrtle Avenue-Broadway to Marcy Avenue

R-42 (J) train from Myrtle Avenue-Broadway to Broadway Junction

R-42 (J) train bypassing Gates Avenue

R-42 (J) train from Chambers Street to Essex Street

R-38 (C) train from 59th Street-Columbus Circle to Chambers Street-World Trade Center via Central Park West/8th Avenue Express

R-38 (C) train from 59th Street-Columbus Circle to Chambers Street via 8th Avenue Express part 2

R-32/38 (A) train from Grant Avenue to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue via Rockaway Local part 1

R-32/38 (A) train from Grant Avenue to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue via Rockaway Local via North Channel Swing Bridge part 2

R-32/38 (A) train from Grant Avenue to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue via Rockaway Local via Beach Channel Draw Bridge part 3

R-32/38 (A) train from Grant Avenue to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue via Rockaway Local part 4

R-32/38 (A) train from Jay Street-Borough Hall to W. 4th Street-Washington Square Park via Fulton Street/6th Avenue Local

R-40M/42 (A) @ Howard Beach-JFK

Nice stuff there Curt!! Ok so let me get this straight... I've been thinking the R38 was an R32 all this time!!!:(

Thanks Dante....lol no sometimes they mixed the R32 and 38 cars together. To tell the difference from a R-32 and R38 is the lines....R-32 have lines top and bottom of the subway car and the R-38 have the lines @ the bottom of the subway car along with that sticker with the red circle around it!

Thanks Dante....lol no sometimes they mixed the R32 and 38 cars together. To tell the difference from a R-32 and R38 is the lines....R-32 have lines top and bottom of the subway car and the R-38 have the lines @ the bottom of the subway car along with that sticker with the red circle around it!

Ok thanks! It's still kinda confusing at times. So I'm looking through some other pics and I see the 38 has that outline-thingy going on around the top where the route sign is. Now I got it! There's just too many trains!

it really grieves me that all my beloved cars are being phased out it just wont be the same. I still remember as a kid riding the(D) train up to 205th from Coney Island where i grew up when all R42's were used and the (D) ran express in bklyn over the Brighton line. in the (D)(M)<Q> days...i know some of u guys feel old now. I used to love riding in between the cars because i loved all the sound effects it madethe train would make that infamous "da-dun...da-dun" noise as the train would dance down the express tracks zipping by local station after station could barely read the tags on the walls. the same for the R38's id do the same on the (A) line but it had to be one to Far Rock i especially loved because running through the tunnels the sound would be greater as it echoed off the walls with the 3rd rail sparks lighting up the tunnel as if it were animated because of the pillars. Theres really nothing i enjoyed more.

• 2 weeks later...
100_5380.jpg

Funny story behind that train, me and Trevor was talking at the front of the station, only to turn around and see the train is right there and just start snapping away at the train. Our reaction was like "ooohhhh", couldn't even finish the sentence!

LMAO!!!....I can only imagine:p;)

Archived