Official Rapid Transit Trivia Thread

East New York

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am the only subway route currently running to have ever had a Northern and Southern terminal with something in common. What subway route am I, and what is that something in common?

Hint: The only other subway route that did this I connected with at my current southern terminal.

What???

BTW, who said it's your turn?

I am the only subway route currently running to have ever had a Northern and Southern terminal with something in common. What subway route am I, and what is that something in common?

Hint: The only other subway route that did this I connected with at my current southern terminal.

I'm thinking the (Q) since the (N) stops at both 57th and C.I. (Same with the (N) in other instances as well)

Worth a try.

Let me rephrase the question if everyones confused.

I am the only subway route currently running that once had (but not anymore) a Northern and Southern terminal in common with each other. Not the name though. The only other subway route to share this attribute was discontinued, however we did run on the same tracks for a long stretch.

Which subway route am I and what was this attribute.

Extra hint: It deals with geography.

Let me rephrase the question if everyones confused.

I am the only subway route currently running that once had (but not anymore) a Northern and Southern terminal in common with each other. Not the name though. The only other subway route to share this attribute was discontinued, however we did run on the same tracks for a long stretch.

Which subway route am I and what was this attribute.

Extra hint: It deals with geography.

Is it the (E), since it had both its northern and southern terminals in Queens at one point?

The other line that did this this would be the (K), which was all in Manhattan. Both are/were 8th Avenue lines.

Is it the (E), since it had both its northern and southern terminals in Queens at one point?

The other line that did this this would be the (K), which was all in Manhattan. Both are/were 8th Avenue lines.

The E is right. The JFK Express is the other route that did this (21st Street Queensbridge to Howard Beach). I should have specified that the routes also left the boroughs they terminated in.

Van Siclen on then (3) and (J)?

Sorry but I didn't word the question right. You are correct but there are others like two Uticas and two Franklins in the same borough. I meant to say the following:

What are the ONLY two NAMED stations in two different boroughs and two different divisions?

Thus to quaify as a correct answer, you must name the same station that works in both the IRT and IND/BMT but in two separate boroughs. There is only one correct answer.

Sorry but I didn't word the question right. You are correct but there are others like two Uticas and two Franklins in the same borough. I meant to say the following:

What are the ONLY two NAMED stations in two different boroughs and two different divisions?

Thus to quaify as a correct answer, you must name the same station that works in both the IRT and IND/BMT but in two separate boroughs. There is only one correct answer.

Ah ok. Prospect Ave on the (2)/(5) and on the (R)?

Archived