Official Rapid Transit Trivia Thread

East New York

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bergen Street is another good guess but doesn't fit hint #3.

So, not Ditmas Avenue (F)70(SS) and not Bergen Street (F)(G).

Which subway station am I:

1) I am underground;

2) I am located in a borough that borders the East River;

3) My original name had the same name as a New Jersey county as part of the name;

4) I presently serve serve a train that runs to a borough that also borders the East River

5) Previously I served two trains. One train did not leave my borough. The other train did and does.

Can you guess which station I am and the line I serve?

Alright. B) The winner hasn't posted another question but I hope its okay if I jump start the thread and go ahead. Well I dont have any pictures of the subway, but I got a question. Which are the two only stations/stops in the NYC Subway that feature the same name in the first term but different words for the second? For example: One station would be: (--------) < This term is the same (---------) < This term is different 2nd station would be:

(-------) < This term is same (-------) < This term is different. We're looking for two stations here. Good luck! :(

Hint 1 - Both stations only have one train running through them, but the trains are different.

Hint 2 - Both of these stations are in the most dangerous sections of New York City. :P:cool:;) (I think this hint totally gives it away) haha

Wasn't the one I had in mind but yeah, actually, the one you came up with fits the description as well. haha And it fits the hints perfectly. haha B) Theres also just Myrtle Av but the (J), (M), and (Z) run there.

I never saw that one but there's another one, the one I have in mind. Good luck!:cool:

Rockaway Parkway (L) / Rockaway Blvd (A)

Rockaway Parkway (L) / Rockaway Blvd (A)

Oh wow. haha That perfectly fits the description and hints as well but.....still not the one I had in mind. But these two I didnt even know about are honorable mentions.

Myrtle Wyckoff - but its both (J)and(Z)

Myrtle Willoughby - (G)

theres also Myrtle Av - (J)(M)(Z)

Rockaway Pkwy - (L)

Rockaway Park - (A)

Rockaway Av - (C)

Another hint - Another dangerous section of NYC that has not been guessed yet.

Oh wow. haha That perfectly fits the description and hints as well but.....still not the one I had in mind. But these two I didnt even know about are honorable mentions.

Myrtle Wyckoff - but its both (J)and(Z)

Myrtle Willoughby - (G)

theres also Myrtle Av - (J)(M)(Z)

Rockaway Pkwy - (L)

Rockaway Park - (A)

Rockaway Av - (C)

Another hint - Another dangerous section of NYC that has not been guessed yet.

I was guessing Bway - Nassau and Bway - Lafayette, but I know both neighborhoods aren't dangerous. :)

Correct! :) Credit to Kamen Rider!

World Trade Center

1. underground

2. irelvent (all the boroughs with subway lines touch the east river)

3. Former name (the key point in that statement), Hudson terminal (hudson county New Jersery

4. servied by the E to queens

5. servced by several lines such as AA, K and C/CC that didn't leave manhattan when they stopped there.

Archived