Commuting (8/30/08)

R32 3348

Could've done better but there was always a station cleaner around so I couldn't take a lot, hence I don't have many great ones.

Trip Highlights -

(E) from Roosevelt Ave. to Times Square

(1) to 231st St.

---

(1) from 242nd St. to Times Square

(R) to Queens Plaza

(E) to Roosevelt Ave.

As for sightings, apparently there was an R42 transfer to Jamaice recently (I didn't check the B Division forum yet). The highest number I saw on an R42 (E) was 4711. If this was the highest numbered R42 transferred then ENY has 116 R42s left, while Pitkin has 87 and Jamaica has 68. My (R) also went to 179th St. as well.

DSCF1969.jpg

DSCF1974.jpg

My shot at a bus/subway photo

DSCF1975.jpg

Not until I get back home do I realize that the (9) is still there

DSCF1976.jpg

R62A 2175

DSCF1979.jpg

DSCF1980.jpg

R62A 2345

DSCF1981.jpg

DSCF1982.jpg

DSCF1985.jpg

DSCF1988.jpg

DSCF1991.jpg

DSCF1992.jpg

R42 4690

DSCF1993.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

Comments are welcome, enjoy!

Nice pics. Don't worry about station cleaners when taking pictures. However, I'm sure you don't want to be rude, so I guess it is best to avoid the misunderstanding about the legality of photography that could ensue without the rules at your side or something along those lines.

Nice pics all around.

But word of advice, you don't have to post every shot you take. If you don't like the shot, or don't think its good enough for posting, but post it anyway, again, not needed if you don't want to. Just a thought.....

Nice pics. Don't worry about station cleaners when taking pictures. However, I'm sure you don't want to be rude, so I guess it is best to avoid the misunderstanding about the legality of photography that could ensue without the rules at your side or something along those lines.

Thanks! I'll remember that. I'll just take pictures more discreetly.

Excellent pics

Thanks!

Nice pics!!

Btw the SC at 242nd st won't harss you, there was a bunch of ralifans taking pics there when the TOMC was in that area.... The SC don't care about people taking pics there...

Thanks! That's one less area to care about...

nice job!

wonder what the R's goin up to 179 for this wkend...

Thanks! I was wodnering too

Nice pics all around.

But word of advice, you don't have to post every shot you take. If you don't like the shot, or don't think its good enough for posting, but post it anyway, again, not needed if you don't want to. Just a thought.....

Thanks! Usually when I have only a few (less than 20) then I post most of them up, but if its more than that I prioritize.

Cool pics yeah MTA is really lazy with the (9) tell you tha true they might bring it back

Thanks! I don't think they'll be bringing it back though

nice job!

wonder what the R's goin up to 179 for this wkend...

Construction made the (E) & (F) local east of Rosevelt Ave, in order to keep traffic moving smoothly they sent the (R) up to 179 Street so the (E) & (F) wouldn't be slowed down by relays at Forest Hills

its pretty common to see the (R) extended to 179 Street whenever the (E) & (F) are running local, it makes it easier on the dispatchers and allows a smoother operation

Archived