Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking over the last few pages, I can see that the foam will truly be unprecedented once those units start running on the (J) and (Z). I'm going to need my umbrella and some popcorn for this one....

Arent the R32s gonna be just for the (J) while the R42s get split with the (J) and (Z)

The R32s are for both the (J)/(Z) and that R32 set will run at anytime its not like that R62A on the (6), its not coming out at a certain time during the rush, it can run all day including weekends, sadly all the foamers don't know how to behave, but we'll see

Edited by R32 3838

The R32s are for both the (J)/(Z) and that R32 set will run at anytime its not like that R62A on the (6), its not coming out at a certain time during the rush, it can run all day including weekends, sadly all the foamers don't know how to behave, but we'll see

True but with the R62As on the (6) its a bit different since more sets will get swapped back there during the year. Any word when the R32s wiil start on the (J) I saw them in the yard today.

Edited by R62AR33

Yeah I always thought it was cute how so many people (especially all of YOU who should know better) think that the (Z) is its own distinct line with separate equipment and crews from the (J) . The 32's can end up on the (Z) runs, no reason why they can't. I've already discussed the reasons why it won't be running on the (M)

Lol guize chill. AAANYWAY, when will the R32s hit service on the (J) / (Z) anyway, and has that R160A maintenance started yet? (sorry if I'm late)

when they feel like it, rerember ENY has to make sure the cars are road worthy, unlike 207th they dont just throw cars into service, just be patient

Edited by R32 3838

I have a prediction. Swap the ENY R160's for the 207 R32's. This way the (C) gets good A/C, the R32's get confined to a route which is mostly outdoors, both lines remain 8 cars, and 207 and ENY can both handle those equipment. And those idiots who picked jobs on the (C) this summer assuming they'd be avoiding working the 32's on the (A) can stop their bitching about being stuck with 32's the entire pick.

I have a prediction. Swap the ENY R160's for the 207 R32's. This way the (C) gets good A/C, the R32's get confined to a route which is mostly outdoors, both lines remain 8 cars, and 207 and ENY can both handle those equipment. And those idiots who picked jobs on the (C) this summer assuming they'd be avoiding working the 32's on the (A) can stop their bitching about being stuck with 32's the entire pick.

I've said this plenty of times, its a better idea and it saves alot of time

Now a question, would removing those R160s affect the (L) ?

Now a question, would removing those R160s affect the (L) ?

The (L) only uses 32 R160s, which is four 8 car trainsets there. If they were to swap the R160s that would result in 144 R32s coming into ENY. The J/Z uses 112 R160s, so those extra R32s would be spares likely. I seriously doubt R32s would run on the (L) , so they would likely use 32 spare R143s for that  That's my best guess if this were to happen.

Edited by DJ MC

The (L) only uses 32 R160s, which is four 8 car trainsets there. If they were to swap the R160s that would result in 144 R32s coming into ENY. The J/Z uses 112 R160s, so those extra R32s would be spares likely. I seriously doubt R32s would run on the (L) , so they would likely use 32 spare R143s for that  That's my best guess if this were to happen.

Sorry, let me clarify - swap the (C) 32s with the (J) 160s .... OF COURSE you won't see the 32s on the (L) !

Okay, I was under the impression that ENY stored like half of the (L) trains, and that the sets were shared more evenly with the (J) / (Z) , and under that assumption I was wondering why do that if the R32s don't have CBTC.

Not a bad idea, but I agree with the others regarding maintenance. If that's not a problem, then go for it.

Sure 207 can handle the 160's. They handle them on a pretty regular basis in the overhaul shop.

The (L) has their own dedicated fleet separate from the (J) .

That's the overhaul shop, not the maintenance shop.

The CBTC-equipped R160's currently run on both the L and the J.