Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But what will they put on the (C) in exchange?

nothing the (C) uses 144 cars out of 222, if they send 12 or more cars, the (C) wouldn't be effected as much, ENY helped out pitkin for the last 2 years

plus they are gonna need extra R32s due to garbage train since they have a/c

nothing the (C) uses 144 cars out of 222, if they send 12 or more cars, the (C) wouldn't be effected as much, ENY helped out pitkin for the last 2 years

plus they are gonna need extra R32s due to garbage train since they have a/c

Don't they already have 10 lol.

This is a modification to the CBTC system on cars currently equipped with CBTC, not an expansion of CBTC to cars that don't have CBTC. There's no need to install CBTC on more cars than are needed on the L.

Once CBTC comes to QBL, some more of ENY's R160's will need CBTC installed for use on the M, but that will be a different CBTC system entirely.

Reading what I wrote again, In a way......I just said that.

Edited by LTA1992

What you stated is not actually correct. The R143s did not come with CBTC. They were later retrofitted with it, and it has been upgraded  since. The 64 lowest numbered R160s have also been outfitted with CBTC since delivery. What is happening now is another upgrade, which will need to be done on the 212 R143s which have CBTC, as well as the 64 R160s with CBTC. 

You are correct that SMS is generally done by fleet. However, within each fleet, one shop will generally be worked on, and once that shop's fleet is done, they will move onto the next. 

You would think they would just send the extra cars over there for good, to replace the 42's, for the sake of having one less oddball fleet (and one that's more prone to rust, and the car bodies probably not being in as good shape). This is why there has been talk of this transfer for years. I don't know what has been holding it up.

I already know the numbers are 3452/3,3610,11,3618/19,3621/3644 there's another pair but its hard to tell, saw the first six I saw last night

So, it seems that 3 R32 sets (24 cars) are slated to operate temporarily on the (J) ... wonder how this will turn out... and I wonder if more will be transferred...

right now from the looks of it its only one set with 4 car spares (12 cars in total) the other 4 need work and need to be inspected and worked on, these R32s will be there for awhile

You would think they would just send the extra cars over there for good, to replace the 42's, for the sake of having one less oddball fleet (and one that's more prone to rust, and the car bodies probably not being in as good shape). This is why there has been talk of this transfer for years. I don't know what has been holding it up.

they feel that 207th needs a higher amount of spares btw I was on an R32 with no a/c