Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

Now you just contradicted yourself...

Okay so you posted it before he did...and your point is? I was confused at the recent posts in this thread (most notably your response to DJ Hammers when you called him out for trolling), so I wanted to clarify the matter.

Because he was one of the first people to respond to it on Facebook and it's not the first time he did that to me Edited by Daniel The Cool

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://web.mta.info/mta/budget/july2015.html

Check volume 2 and go to page 387.

I considered the possibility of the MTA zombie-fying some R32s to expand the fleet and increase (Q) service once SAS opens, but I didn't think they would actually do it. If nothing else, it's a lot cheaper than the original plan of ordering more R179 cars. (Granted, the document doesn't mention exactly what "increased revenue service fleet requirements" pertains to, but I'm assuming it's SAS)

Edited by Mysterious2train

They are probably going to coney island or jamaica yard bad news is jamaica yard wants nothing to do with the R32s because of their performance so you might see them in coney island yard to go to the (B)

Edited by R3216068E

They are probably going to coney island or jamaica yard bad news is jamaica yard wants nothing to do with the R32s because of their performance so you might see them in coney island yard to go to the (B)

Coney Island makes the most sense. They are a heavy repair and maintance facility.

Coney Island makes the most sense. They are a heavy repair and maintance facility.

Yeah coney island yard would most likely put the R32s on the (B) if they are going to go to Coney Island yard because it is a part time line and their band from the (N) and (Q) because of tube issues

Where would the R68As go? To the C for additional service? 

Really guys...the R179s are not even here yet and it's already been said that the R32s and R42s will last into 2022...

What makes you guys think the R32s would be moved elsewhere when almost all R179s will be in four-car sets to replace them? You want to keep things as simple to comprehend as possible. If there's a delay in the R179 order, which explains why the (MTA) plans to keep the remaining R32s and R42s into 2022, chances are the R179s won't be delivered in time, no?

That's a good question the R68As could possibly go to the (W) but I doubt they would go to the (C) since the (C) already has R179s but then again the R32s could be going to Jamaica

Softly speaking...you realize that both the (N) and (W) share the same northern terminal and are both based out of the same shop facility (yes shop facility), right? You need to make them entirely NTTs so they can share trains at any given time like the (2) and (5) do.

For the record, there are enough cars for a restored (W). The running time of the (Q) to/from SAS is less than to/from Astoria. Believe it or not, it's entirely up to you. They just need a bit more trainsets for Coney Island to fix that. That's why you wonder that the (MTA) included 40 R179s being in five-car sets. Chances are you would likely see some R68s and/or R68As back on the (Q), not the (N) and (W).

Edited by RollOver

Softly speaking...you realize that both the (N) and (W) share the same northern terminal and are both based out of the same shop facility (yes shop facility), right? You need to make them entirely NTTs so they can share trains at any given time like the (2) and (5) do.

For the record, there are enough cars for a restored (W). The running time of the (Q) to/from SAS is less than to Astoria. They just need a bit more trainsets for Coney Island to fix that. That's why you wonder that the (MTA) included 4 trainsets of R179s being in five-car sets.

True that coney island yard needs a bit more train sets but there is no requirement for them to be fully NTT just like the SAS reroute on the (Q) so it is possible to see some SMEES on the (N) or (W)

True that coney island yard needs a bit more train sets but there is no requirement for them to be fully NTT just like the SAS reroute on the (Q) so it is possible to see some SMEES on the (N) or (W)

Okay, and the (Q) doesn't have the issues that the (N) and (W) both have according to my previous post, right? As I said, chances are you would see some R68s and/or R68As back on the (Q) instead of the (N) and (W).

Also...what "requirement"? There are enough R160s to make both lines entirely NTTs once the five-car R179s come in. So I don't know where you're getting that from, but that's completely incorrect.

Like the (2) and (5), the (N) and (W) would have to share trains all the time due to their sharing of both northern terminal and yard/shop.

Edited by RollOver

Okay, and the (Q) doesn't have the issues that the (N) and (W) both have according to my previous post, right? As I said, chances are you would see some R68s and/or R68As back on the (Q) instead of the (N) and (W).

Also...what "requirement"? There are enough R160s to make both lines entirely NTTs once the five-car R179s come in. So I don't know where you are getting that from, but that's incorrect.

Like the (2) and (5), the (N) and (W) would have to share trains all the time due to their sharing of both northern terminal and yard/shop.

I'm saying that there is no requirement for them to be fully NTTS just because they share the same yard/shops and nothern terminal doesn't mean the have to share the same equipment they are not like the (J)(Z) where they run on the exact same line Edited by R3216068E

I'm saying that there is no requirement for them to be fully NTTS just because they share the same yard/shops and nothern terminal doesn't mean the have to share the same equipment there not like the (J)(Z) where they run on the exact same line

So?

Going by "your" logic, the (MTA) would have never made both the (2) and (5) entirely NTTs to the reasons that I've said.

I don't know what kind of point you're trying to make, but whatever. If that's what you think, that's you.

So?

Going by "your" logic, the (MTA) would have never made both the (2) and (5) entirely NTTs to the reasons that I've said.

I don't know what kind of point you're trying to make, but whatever. If that's what you think, that's you.

You do make a good point about the (2) and (5) but that's kind of a different story we are talking about Coney island yard if the R32s do go to coney island yard you would have to put them somewhere Edited by R3216068E

You're not thinking...I mean you were the one who said the (B) is the least demanding line and doesn't have the issues that the other lines like the (2), (5), (N) and (W) lines have...

Why do you think I said all the things that I've just said? If anything else other than the R160s were to run on the N and W, they would most likely be R46s, not cars that have rollsigns...

Edited by RollOver

You're not thinking...I mean you were the one said the (B) is the least demanding line and doesn't have the issues that the other lines like the (2), (5), (N) and (W) lines...

Why do you think I said all the things that I've just said?

Yeah but where do you think those R68As on the (B) would go if they do send the R32s to coney island yard and the whole situation is a different story from the (2) and (5)