Transit workers ratify new deal, means raises and safety measures but higher healthcare premiums

Harry

He said over 60% of the members returned ballots. Only members in good standing received ballots so essentially over 60% of the members that received ballots returned them.

Yes indeed you are right, that's exactly what I said. If I had said 60% of Transit employees returned their ballots, then that would be technically incorrect.

I've commented on see through ny in the past. I can confirm first hand that info is not accurate. Much numbers are exaggerated on it and i can't figure out for the life of me how they came up with them.

OK usually in that case where they come up with numbers seemingly at random there's a system to it. From what I hear it involves a dyslexic monkey, a blindfold, some throwing darts,a bottle of spiced rum and a half eaten potato wrapped in a dirty sock. It's not even really a transit method but perhaps they used it too.

I've commented on see through ny in the past. I can confirm first hand that info is not accurate. Much numbers are exaggerated on it and i can't figure out for the life of me how they came up with them.

They been spot on with lots of my co workers... I can easily navigate that site...

I have a question, I just got hired as car inspector provisional with a pay rate of 30.22 a hour. What does this contract mean for me?

Well first off, welcome to the $60k+ a year club...  :lol: I guess it all depends on where you came from previously.  Could be a step up or a step back... 

I have a question, I just got hired as car inspector provisional with a pay rate of 30.22 a hour. What does this contract mean for me?

Ask a rep is a good answer maybe someone who,works down here who posts might help. Just because it says transit employment topics and discussions doesn't always means one of us who works down here will know the answer. Or one who thinks they know who don't work down here will reply to you heh..

Archived