Transit workers ratify new deal, means raises and safety measures but higher healthcare premiums

Harry

post-5097-0-16824100-1400529868_thumb.jpg
If you know a bus or subway worker, drinks are on him or her. Transit workers overwhelmingly ratified a contract with retroactive raises that means each will get a check for several thousand dollars, union officials announced Monday afternoon. The deal — granting annual raises of 1% for each of the years 2012, 2013 and 2014 and 2% raises for 2015 and 2016 — is expected to be approved by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority board. The 34,000 bus and subway workers also will get an improved dental plan and two weeks of paid maternity or paternity leave — but will face higher insurance premiums. The deal calls for healthcare contributions to go from 1.5% to 2%.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-16824100-1400529868_thumb.jpg

They are putting DNA kits on every bus? Will there be training on how to use the kits properly? Honestly, that sounds like a waste of money that would be better used to purchase more cameras or even as hazard pay/compensation for B/O's that are spit upon. 

$67,444 per year for top before overtime huh... Not too shabby... Have to factor in the healthcare benefits too, which I think most folks would kill for.

No that's not correct at all you can look up salaries and see for yourself,

WOW! Over 60% of members returned their ballots and over 80% voted yes. I wonder what it would look like if Local 100 members actually liked and were satisfied with the contract. That retro check did most of the work I think.

So what is it then? That's what the article stated...

You mean because the NY Daily News printed it, it's accurate????

In a recent article in another major media source (about as reliable as the Daily News), it was stated that Metro North audited 5,000 engineers for speeding and the ongoing plan is to audit 500 engineers a month.  The interesting part of the equation is that there might be 350 to 360 engineers currently working.

You mean because the NY Daily News printed it, it's accurate????

In a recent article in another major media source (about as reliable as the Daily News), it was stated that Metro North audited 5,000 engineers for speeding and the ongoing plan is to audit 500 engineers a month.  The interesting part of the equation is that there might be 350 to 360 engineers currently working.

You would think that whoever wrote the article would take the time to list accurate information....

You would think that whoever wrote the article would take the time to list accurate information....

This is the problem with the Daily News / NY Post. There quick to get a story out instead of checking on accuracy. They've both stooped to lows that I wouldn't let my dog pee on them.

They are putting DNA kits on every bus? Will there be training on how to use the kits properly? Honestly, that sounds like a waste of money that would be better used to purchase more cameras or even as hazard pay/compensation for B/O's that are spit upon. 

Cameras don't catch those clowns, all they do is provide a nice blurry image of a generic face to put up on a poster somewhere.

IMO they should be on every bus and every train.

Cameras don't catch those clowns, all they do is provide a nice blurry image of a generic face to put up on a poster somewhere.

IMO they should be on every bus and every train.

Usually those DNA kits are meant for swabbing a cheek, not trying to scrap off a bit of spit from a B/O's uniform or whatever. The likelihood of contamination, thus making the test useless, sounds like it will be pretty high. There are forensic versions of the tests, but I doubt the MTA will spring for those plus the necessary training.  

Yer taking word of a paper that can't tell the difference between a TO and a CR... There's a link out there that has our saleries or google it not too difficult...

So what is the correct info then?  Surely one of you know... 

My mother told me yesterday that apparently, it's an American thing to never tell someone your salary or even hint at it. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the Chinese brag about their jobs and salary.

WOW! Over 60% of members returned their ballots and over 80% voted yes. I wonder what it would look like if Local 100 members actually liked and were satisfied with the contract. That retro check did most of the work I think.

Where did you get %60 from? 15,139 people voted...that's less than half

Yer taking word of a paper that can't tell the difference between a TO and a CR... There's a link out there that has our saleries or google it not too difficult...

Well excuse me, but as far as I'm concerned, when a paper publishes this sort of information, it should be pretty straight forward.  If it's general knowledge, then I don't see what the big deal is in just saying what it is unless you don't know it yourself?.  You took the time out to "blast" me for information that a newspaper published, and then can't provide the information when asked what the correct info is.  Then you tell me to Google it as if that means that means that I'll automatically find the correct info... LOL

Well excuse me, but as far as I'm concerned, when a paper publishes this sort of information, it should be pretty straight forward.  If it's general knowledge, then I don't see what the big deal is in just saying what it is unless you don't know it yourself?.  You took the time out to "blast" me for information that a newspaper published, and then can't provide the information when asked what the correct info is.  Then you tell me to Google it as if that means that means that I'll automatically find the correct info... LOL

Well excuse me, but as far as I'm concerned, when a paper publishes this sort of information, it should be pretty straight forward. 

Should. 

In general, with today's media presence, accuracy takes a back seat to getting the story published.

So that means you dont know what to search for?  

Putting you on blast? What the heck you are talking about??

I was trying to be helpful...

Wow just wow..

$67,444 per year for top before overtime huh... Not too shabby... Have to factor in the healthcare benefits too, which I think most folks would kill for.

You are 100% right and the Daily News article is correct

Archived