3800's Accident

MHV9218

I sympathize with the op, because this is an incredibly tight turn with the oncoming traffic and all...but this is also pretty thoroughly in the "preventable" category. Phone photos.

IMG_4514_zps1e447966.jpg

IMG_4515_zps7d9e1bc6.jpg

Nice seeing this bus still in the original paint, too.

What route and what intersection is this?

Looks to be right in front of Stuyvesant High School. So my guess it's the M20.

Since it's summer, does "No Parking on School Days" still apply? If it does, obviously the Altima should not of been parking there. But if this was after the posted hours or on weekends, let's not blame the guy who parked there eh?

Either way, with this incident, they should just not have that corner spot used as a parking spot.

But then again, I've seen that intersection many times and if the bus is all the way to the left then make the right turn, it should have clearance. I'm even looking at Google Maps right now and I can see that origin lane looks to be at least 2 lanes wide.

Looking at the pictures, it looks like the B/O was trying to make the turn without going too far into the other lane of traffic before executing the turn. Ending up, it looks like the turn wasn't wide enough and hence he

sideswiped the Altima. That really does look like a tight turn. What route and what intersection is this?

It was probably a jilted rookie that was driving to fast. They teach us that if you have to go into an oncoming traffic lane to complete a turn

Agree with you two. All I could think walking over was how bad this would look for a Probie. No regulars make that mistake.

Instead of people here worrying about the condition of the bus, how about worrying the condiiton of the people on board?

I wouldn't worry about that. With the exception of slamming on the brakes after he realized his mistake, there was nothing here that could have led to an injury...except for the op's pride.

Archived