QM2, QM20 or QM3 stop at CitiField

Via Garibaldi 8

Exactly. One of VGs dumbest ideas...

Actually not so.  I've always been to Mets games via car along Northern... Never had a problem with traffic.  I'm well aware of how bad the LIE and Northern can get but it's not always that way. I used the QM2 Friday and today via the LIE and Northern and had absolutely no problems, so traffic issues could be hit or miss.  In fact I will get a very idea of traffic patterns since I will be using the QM2 and QM20 quite frequently going forward for shopping purposes in Bay Terrace as well as in the Whitestone/College Point area.  Very easy to transfer to and from the BxM1 and BxM2 so it's a very convenient ride.

On another point, I kept wondering why the QM2 does that little routing along Parsons on weekends since I was the only one that got on and off over there... Did a check of the tract of that area... Seems to be a nice little affluent pocket there... Close to $100k for the median income... It's quite residential and affluent, so it makes sense. Go where the money is if you want express bus riders... lol

Actually not so. I've always been to Mets games via car along Northern... Never had a problem with traffic. I'm well aware of how bad the LIE and Northern can get but it's not always that way. I used the QM2 Friday and today via the LIE and Northern and had absolutely no problems, so traffic issues could be hit or miss. In fact I will get a very idea of traffic patterns since I will be using the QM2 and QM20 quite frequently going forward for shopping purposes in Bay Terrace as well as in the Whitestone/College Point area. Very easy to transfer to and from the BxM1 and BxM2 so it's a very convenient ride.

On another point, I kept wondering why the QM2 does that little routing along Parsons on weekends since I was the only one that got on and off over there... Did a check of the tract of that area... Seems to be a nice little affluent pocket there... Close to $100k for the median income... It's quite residential and affluent, so it makes sense. Go where the money is if you want express bus riders... lol

please just stop. LIRR & <7> is all that is needed get it through that thick skull that express buses DO NOT work everywhere cause they are called EXPRESS for a reason one you simply do not understand. Really hmm ever tried LIRR to (A) ?

to reach Eastern queens from Riverdale by way of (1) from bx7 or 10?

Please... I use the BxM1 or BxM2 to the QM2.  When there is no traffic from Midtown, I can reach the Whitestone area in about 20 - 25 minutes, and Riverdale in about 40 minutes or so, so an hour to an hour and five minutes of travel time, with enough time for a pastry and an espresso.  With the subway and local bus I would have to take the Bx7 or Bx10 to the (1), transfer to the (2)(3) if I want express service, then transfer to the (7) and then transfer to a local bus.  That would take probably 2 hours, not including the waits.

Please... I use the BxM1 or BxM2 to the QM2. When there is no traffic from Midtown, I can reach the Whitestone area in about 20 - 25 minutes, and Riverdale in about 40 minutes or so, so an hour to an hour and five minutes of travel time, with enough time for a pastry and an espresso. With the subway and local bus I would have to take the Bx7 or Bx10 to the (1), transfer to the (2)(3) if I want express service, then transfer to the (7) and then transfer to a local bus. That would take probably 2 hours, not including the waits.

I mean LIRR not (7). Directly to bayside for Q13. (1) to (A) not (2)(3). Will admit QM2 is one of the faster buses.

What's this... bring back the x29... Make the main point of contention to bring people to Cyclones games...

Seriously, skimming through here, I don't know what's being talked about anymore... Come back in this thread to see a bunch of subway bullets all over the place... LOL....

What's this... bring back the x29... Make the main point of contention to bring people to Cyclones games...

Seriously, skimming through here, I don't know what's being talked about anymore... Come back in this thread to see a bunch of subway bullets all over the place... LOL....

I don't know either actually.  QJ now seems to be trying to imply that in Northeast Queens is quicker to get to via the subway as opposed to the QM2 or QM20.  Now my original suggestion of having the QM2 or QM20 have a stop by CitiField was based on the fact that I am sure not everyone likes the idea of schlepping to the LIRR at Penn Station and the (7) may not be ideal either.

The LIRR doesn't give transfers, and that's an extra cost which could be avoided by taking the BxM2>QM2 option. Plus the Q13 doesn't even run to that part of Bayside that he (VG8) wants.

My commute to Northeast Queens is quickest with the QM2.  I go shopping over by Whitestone so it's very easy to transfer to the BxM1 or BxM2 once I get back to the city.

My commute to Northeast Queens is quickest with the QM2.  I go shopping over by Whitestone so it's very easy to transfer to the BxM1 or BxM2 once I get back to the city.

I've done that same kind of transfer a few times. It's still slower than driving, but is still a fairly quick ride. But it does make me wish there were more non-manhattan based express routes between the Bronx, Queens, and Brooklyn

I've done that same kind of transfer a few times. It's still slower than driving, but is still a fairly quick ride. But it does make me wish there were more non-manhattan based express routes between the Bronx, Queens, and Brooklyn

I do it A LOT particularly when I need to visit clients.... I commute from Riverdale to Queens via express bus, Riverdale to Brooklyn, and Riverdale to Central Bronx (i.e. Morris Park, Pelham Gardens, etc.), all via express bus, because those trips would otherwise require too many transfers that would eat up a TON of time. I've put some trips in on the (MTA) planner site to see what they would give me, and they seem to try to avoid suggesting any express bus trips which is really weird.  Even Google maps suggests the trip via the express bus because it is quicker. I schedule my trips so that I have just enough time to have a snack or an espresso and then make my next connection, which I can track using BusTime.  Takes a lot of stress out of the commute, making it much more tolerable.

The whole deal with CitiField only being accessible via the subway or LIRR or local bus seems foolish to me.  It's not as if the Mets are doing so well that they can't afford to attract more clientele using other services.  I believe there are express buses to other venues as well such as the Giants/Jets complex.  Someone like myself commuting via public transport would have quite a few transfers to make.  Bx7/Bx10 to (1) to the (2)(3) at 96th (unless I want to schlepp on the local the entire time) to the (7) at Times Square.

In the particular trip that I do to the Whitestone area, it makes it much more convenient to visit more frequently than having to schlepp on the subway with bags etc. The QM2 is rarely crowded when I go on weekends (I purposely pick times when loads shouldn't be too bad) and I have a seat to myself with my bags secured in the other seat.

Lol @ taking the reason for that suggestion seriously....

had a feeling you were kidding I know you are much better than that.

I do it A LOT particularly when I need to visit clients.... I commute from Riverdale to Queens via express bus, Riverdale to Brooklyn, and Riverdale to Central Bronx (i.e. Morris Park, Pelham Gardens, etc.), all via express bus, because those trips would otherwise require too many transfers that would eat up a TON of time. I've put some trips in on the (MTA) planner site to see what they would give me, and they seem to try to avoid suggesting any express bus trips which is really weird. Even Google maps suggests the trip via the express bus because it is quicker. I schedule my trips so that I have just enough time to have a snack or an espresso and then make my next connection, which I can track using BusTime. Takes a lot of stress out of the commute, making it much more tolerable.

The whole deal with CitiField only being accessible via the subway or LIRR or local bus seems foolish to me. It's not as if the Mets are doing so well that they can't afford to attract more clientele using other services. I believe there are express buses to other venues as well such as the Giants/Jets complex. Someone like myself commuting via public transport would have quite a few transfers to make. Bx7/Bx10 to (1) to the (2)(3) at 96th (unless I want to schlepp on the local the entire time) to the (7) at Times Square.

In the particular trip that I do to the Whitestone area, it makes it much more convenient to visit more frequently than having to schlepp on the subway with bags etc. The QM2 is rarely crowded when I go on weekends (I purposely pick times when loads shouldn't be too bad) and I have a seat to myself with my bags secured in the other seat.

metro north to <7> plz stop already. Nj & queens are nothing alike.

Archived