Official Subway FAIL Thread

Javier

Has that ever happened before?

Which one, the C running via the F, or the C using 46s, because both have happened fairly recently. The A and C run via the Rutgers tubes about once a month due to planned maintenance and more commonly due to random things happening on the line. For the second point, the C did use 46s during the summers of 2011 and 2012 as part of the 32's annual shift off of the C line. In 2010, just before they were retired from service, the C used 44s from the A for the same reason.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12/31/mta-nj-transit-path-providing-extra-trains-for-new-years-eve-celebrations/

news media fail don t say why it fail. you will laugh your head off

2 things.....

1. Why add more service on the WTC section of the PATH instead of the 6th Avenue section?

2. The (W) is not alive at the moment, should mention the (Q) instead.

Has anyone noticed that on R46's that it says:

© via Delancey Street?

Excuse my spelling errors, my autocorrect has been acting haywire.

When they go via the (F), both (A) & (C) trains say "via DELANCEY ST"

but...

With the (C), for some reason they say "via DELANLEY ST"...I have a photo of it somewhere on my instagram, lemme find it

Is it because of the Letter Count on the R46?

Today , the conductor forgot to switch the led on my (A) train to

" To LEFFERTS BLVD " so it got stuck on "To 207 Street/Man" and everybody was confused asking the other passengers if this was going to Brooklyn. People kept thinking that this was the train that went on the wrong track back in 2014.

Is it because of the Letter Count on the R46?

Today , the conductor forgot to switch the led on my (A) train to

" To LEFFERTS BLVD " so it got stuck on "To 207 Street/Man" and everybody was confused asking the other passengers if this was going to Brooklyn. People kept thinking that this was the train that went on the wrong track back in 2014.

Lol. More confusing if it went to Far Rock but displayed Lefferts. Did that ever happen?

That's the funny part, it was going towards Far Rockaway but it said To LEFFERTS Blvd. You should have seen the confusion at Broad Channel and Far Rockaway.

I wonder if there's a fix for that because that's just embarrassing for the (MTA).

For the Delanley Thing.

I remember in the beginning of summer 2012, the r46 C's would read "via Delaney St", which then got switched to "via Delanley St"...

And yeah, I've seen plenty of r46's where the front half is going to Far Rockaway and the back half going to Lefferts. Same goes for local and express. 

Once at Court Sq about a month ago, a rail adhesion train wrong-railed into the station, and immediately after, a Forest Hills bound R train entered the station with its display saying "95 St." All kinds of chaos ensued, and a couple dozen unlucky people trying to get to Bay Ridge ended up at Whitehall St.

The T/O's really need to start working hard more. My (4) train a couple of months ago left Woddlawn with the sign still saying "To Woodlawn" and the annoncments kept going like this:

This is a Woodlawn Bound (4) Train

The Next and Last Stop Is

Woodlawn

12:35 PM

This is Moshulu Pkway

This is a Woodlawn Bound (4) train, the next stop is Moshulu Pkway.

And I don't even think the T/O even bothered to change the sign at all! You should have seen the confusion.

One time at Beverley Road this idiot decided to run across the tracks, as soon as he started to cross the southbound express track this R68A came along hauling ass, he was like "OH SHIT" and tore like hell across the track. Further proof of why it is a half-assed idea to run across subway tracks.

Wher are the R44's anyway?

In a scrap heap somewhere.

You know, while I understand you're new and have questions, you can Google some of these questions yourself instead of asking 1001 questions and then getting upset when someone calls you out for it.

Guys, can somebody with a working camera do me a favor (since I don't have a camera that uploads):

At Canal St (J)(Z), once you enter the station, make the right, and the overhead sign should say:

<-To Jamaica Center and Metropolitan Av | To Broad St and Bay Parkway ->

Yup, people are now gonna run to that station for a silly photo.

Guys, can somebody with a working camera do me a favor (since I don't have a camera that uploads):

At Canal St (J)(Z), once you enter the station, make the right, and the overhead sign should say:

<-To Jamaica Center and Metropolitan Av | To Broad St and Bay Parkway ->

Yup, people are now gonna run to that station for a silly photo.

No we're not...

Today, I caught an R46. In 5943, at both ends where one would move between cars, it is pitch black in the area. The area between the two farthest doors where the people enter in is not affect and the lights are on properly. Not sure if you can tell but here's a pic of the interior with the doors closed:20150109_164455_zpsfhgajbfm.jpg

Today, I caught an R46. In 5943, at both ends where one would move between cars, it is pitch black in the area. The area between the two farthest doors where the people enter in is not affect and the lights are on properly. Not sure if you can tell but here's a pic of the interior with the doors closed:20150109_164455_zpsfhgajbfm.jpg

An R46 car pitch black? Lol! I remember when i was 3, about 8 years ago, the (W) used R68s and ran to Astoria. I was going to Herald Sq, I believe. It had no light. I didn't recognize on the elevated section, but once we were in the tunnel, it was pitch black and I had to scream just so my dad can hear me. The lights didn't turn on until after 5 Av or 57th St. It was kinda fun, actually.

Archived