M15 SBS & M98

Cait Sith

Killer shots. End of an era. I'm going to miss RTSes on the M98 very, very badly.

As will I along with the 126th Street depot logo.

Great shots, especially the M15.

Thanks!

That M15 though. I'm going to miss RTS's on the M98.

Same.

Even though the M98 LTD is just another cheap knockoff of the M101 to Washington Heights, it is still the fastest bus I know om the Harlem River Drive.

I wouldn't say it's a knockoff...it's like a super limited compared to the 101.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though the M98 LTD is just another cheap knockoff of the M101 to Washington Heights, it is still the fastest bus I know om the Harlem River Drive.

Yes, we can compare the M98 with the M101. They're both limited, yet the M98 runs non-stop along the Harlem River Drive and it hasn't had any good riderships since its debut in 1990. With its service south of E 67th-68th Sts discontinued in favor of the M101 since June 2010, hardly anybody even cares about this bus line because it only runs during weekday rush hours. The M98 deserves to have a service increase one of these days, I'd say we try to help the MTA make the M98 run all weekday long Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM-8:00 PM southbound and from 7:00 AM-9:00 PM northbound, with the service south of E 67th-68th Sts being reinstated for it to serve Baruch College on E 23rd St, just like how they made the S93 run all weekday for the benefit of riders who attend The College Of Staten Island, but even better than ever. This would benefit the bus riders living in Washington Heights who would rely on the M98 so much, that they don't need to rely on taking the (A) or (1) Trains or any other local or limited buses to connect to the East Side of Manhattan anymore.

Yes, we can compare the M98 with the M101. They're both limited, yet the M98 runs non-stop along the Harlem River Drive and it hasn't had any good riderships since its debut in 1990. With its service south of E 67th-68th Sts discontinued in favor of the M101 since June 2010, hardly anybody even cares about this bus line because it only runs during weekday rush hours. The M98 deserves to have a service increase one of these days, I'd say we try to help the MTA make the M98 run all weekday long Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM-8:00 PM southbound and from 7:00 AM-9:00 PM northbound, with the service south of E 67th-68th Sts being reinstated for it to serve Baruch College on E 23rd St, just like how they made the S93 run all weekday for the benefit of riders who attend The College Of Staten Island, but even better than ever. This would benefit the bus riders living in Washington Heights who would rely on the M98 so much, that they don't need to rely on taking the (A) or (1) Trains or any other local or limited buses to connect to the East Side of Manhattan anymore.

Learn something new everyday...didn't know it was older than the M60

Archived