b46 bus accident

BDNQ2345

This is why I DON'T like these mini shopping plazas that's been propped up here in Brooklyn the past year or so....

According to the eyewitness from news 7 online, this happened all because one of the cars backed up (from the small parking area) too far into the street (which would be onto Utica av)... Chain reaction took place from there....

Utica ave is a risk taker driving on that road.You face challenging the dollar vans, and the small Shopping parking lots area where cars are always coming in and out on traffic especially soon you reach near Church Ave cars are double park and you have to keep switching lanes. The bus operator should be okay since it was not an preventable accident according to the footage they release from where the incident took place.

Here's a link to Brooklyn News 12 with a slight footage from the surveillance camera nearby 

http://brooklyn.news12.com/news/officials-25-hurt-in-crash-involving-mta-bus-1.9783610

If it were me, I put all the blame on the Nissan poking out so far. As a driver, you can never be to safe coming out of a driveway or side street, you need to take every precaution. What irks me more is that it looks as if the Nissan panicked and just paused there. On the flip side, it also looks as if the BMW was doing well over 25, I'd assume 35-40 from the surveillance video.

With that evidence, I hope the bus driver does not get any penalty from it, because even if he saw it coming, that BMW was going to hit it no matter what at it's velocity.

If it were me, I put all the blame on the Nissan poking out so far. As a driver, you can never be to safe coming out of a driveway or side street, you need to take every precaution. What irks me more is that it looks as if the Nissan panicked and just paused there. On the flip side, it also looks as if the BMW was doing well over 25, I'd assume 35-40 from the surveillance video.

With that evidence, I hope the bus driver does not get any penalty from it, because even if he saw it coming, that BMW was going to hit it no matter what at it's velocity.

I agree....

Don't forget not just car drivers, majority of Westchester and Long Island motorists are bad as well.

Maybe it need to have Vision Zero safety and add green median on wide Flatbush Av stretch to slow down traffic.

Don't forget not just car drivers, majority of Westchester and Long Island motorists are bad as well.

Maybe it need to have Vision Zero safety and add green median on wide Flatbush Av stretch to slow down traffic.

Flatbush is not where the bus accident occurred, it's on Utica.

And second, wide? The corridor has ample space, but it is not wide.

Has to be (the blame to the driver of the Nissan)....

Save for drivers out in SI (I don't even wanna get started on Hylan Blvd), I honestly don't think too many of NYC's motorists are used to pulling in & out of those little shopping plazas..... Here in my general area alone, there's been like 4 or 5 of these stupid little mini shopping plazas that's been built in the past 2-3 years...

There's that one on utica/clarendon where the accident happened, there's two more over by utica/rutland (right across the street from each other), you got this one over here on church/39th... To me, they're havens for trouble (I know the one over on 39th/church is a hangout spot)....

Aside from that, I predict more of these types of accidents to happen at these little plaza's... Drivers around here don't know how to drive enough as it is.....

Car drivers are motorists, Willis.....

They're about to open a shopping plaza on Linden Blvd near Crescent St.

We have one here in Queens on Springfield and N. Conduit. Horrible location to put one. You have to pull in and out via N.Conduit.

It's very popular especially among the school kids with the Popeyes, Subway, and Dunkin Donuts among the tenants.

Archived