MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

4107. EN to Zerega (training). Eventually, bus will be sent to EC for scrap.  

3032, 3033 likely retired from CP 

3067, 3080, 3099. Likely retired from YON. 

Its best not to make assumptions until the buses are actually confirmed to be retired. I assume someone is giving you good info?

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

10 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Its best not to make assumptions until the buses are actually confirmed to be retired. I assume someone is giving you good info?

Yes, I have "suggested" the same thing in the past.  But everybody around here wants to be the first to report.  A bus is not scrapped till the fare box is removed with the unit is towed out of the depot.

13 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

I’ve been getting very good intel as of late. However, I will be mindful to cross-check more as some units could be in for maintenance and not for scrap purposes. Appreciate the heads up as always @Kingsbridgeviewer382  

I visually saw 4107 be removed from East New York the other day and that’s definitely at Zerega. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

12 hours ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

3032-3033 were already reported, but the others have not.

Not on this thread they weren't. It seems like you follow around another forum or conversation because those buses were not reported to be scrapped on this site or thread. Either that or you're mixing them with 3022-3023.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

If nobody posted it as retired that means it did not retire. Some of you are asking about units that were already mentioned. And just because something was taken oos for weeks or even months does not make it retired. 

On 5/8/2022 at 11:39 AM, Bill from Maspeth said:

Yes, I have "suggested" the same thing in the past.  But everybody around here wants to be the first to report.  A bus is not scrapped till the fare box is removed with the unit is towed out of the depot.

Refer to this post as well as the very first post that lists all of the retired units. If it's not towed or listed/noted in the depot or ECH yard as scrap it is not retired.

On 5/9/2022 at 3:09 PM, MTABusTransitFanner said:

Ok, Ik all the other NGs at Gun Hill are officially dead if I’m not mistaken. If that’s the case, 4419 is now the final active NG at Gun Hill

Ok I need to shed light on this. So all the NGs at gunhill are still running but not in revenue service other than 4419 and 3983. As of today 4337, 4089, 4543 were used as Training buses for bus operators.

25 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Ok I need to shed light on this. So all the NGs at gunhill are still running but not in revenue service other than 4419 and 3983. As of today 4337, 4089, 4543 were used as Training buses for bus operators.

Don’t forget 4086. That’s also being used for training purposes.