MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

3842, 3852, 3866, 3957. MHV to SCRAP

4275 currently at LGA used as parts bus. Bus to be scrapped in the future. 

Small update. I reported yesterday that 3932 is retired from revenue service. Yes, that is correct. However, I’ve been informed that West Farms Depot is using the bus for training purposes and that the farebox has been removed. Bus will go to scrap in the near future.  

Edited by Future ENY OP

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

6860 was retired in late 2020 and it was sitting at Eastchester back in February. The other two were retired a year ago, but its possible that those two were already scrapped by now.

None of those 3 are listed on page one which was why I was inquiring.

1 minute ago, Joel Powers said:

Is it a safe bet that 2018-19 New Flyer XD40 #7647 has been written off?

No. The bus is still being held at Eastchester until any investigations are done, then it will be decided if the bus can be repaired or scrapped. It does take ages for a bus to be put back on the road or scrapped. 5299 (now 5252), for example, was out of service for six years until it was returned to service.

3 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

No. The bus is still being held at Eastchester until any investigations are done, then it will be decided if the bus can be repaired or scrapped. It does take ages for a bus to be put back on the road or scrapped. 5299 (now 5252), for example, was out of service for six years until it was returned to service.

#5299 was understandable though since it was involved in a fatality. I suppose in light of that,  XN60 #1020 is also still being looked at. Did they even fire charge the B/O, cause I heard he was speeding to end his shift? 

4 minutes ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

No Ik that, but the thing is, it hasn’t ran since then

55 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

It's assigned to Queens Village Depot.

1 hour ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

All those unit mentioned are retired as of last year, however does anyone know where 4000 is? It hasn’t ran since March 8th. 

For anyone inquiring about 4000. Bus is officially scrapped as of today. 

On 4/17/2022 at 8:16 AM, Joel Powers said:

Are you certain that the bus in question is #3823 and not #3923? Just asking since it was out of order in your sequence. 

When he lists buses, it doesn’t have to be in that order. Buses are retired depending on if that bus is no longer being required to be repaired again

11 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

When he lists buses, it doesn’t have to be in that order. Buses are retired depending on if that bus is no longer being required to be repaired again

No, I was confused since he first said #3912, #3823, and then #3940. I was thinking he might have meant #3923 in between, or #3823, then #3912, and #3940. At any rate, does anyone know when the batteries expire on these buses? Hybrids aren't as cut and dry as CNG buses when they retire.

2 hours ago, Joel Powers said:

No, I was confused since he first said #3912, #3823, and then #3940. I was thinking he might have meant #3923 in between, or #3823, then #3912, and #3940. At any rate, does anyone know when the batteries expire on these buses? Hybrids aren't as cut and dry as CNG buses when they retire.

There’s nothing to be confused about. Whether or not I list the buses in chronological order or not. The buses have been deemed scrap. (I’m just a messenger but someone blew your cover on the subway sub forum as being very toxic. We don’t need that toxic on the bus side of the forum. Please and Thanks

18 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

There’s nothing to be confused about. Whether or not I list the buses in chronological order or not. The buses have been deemed scrap. (I’m just a messenger but someone blew your cover on the subway sub forum as being very toxic. We don’t need that toxic on the bus side of the forum. Please and Thanks

Where at?