MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

3 minutes ago, Joel Powers said:

Where at?

Can you please stop asking questions in literally every forum!! Either you post actual information or correct an information. Let’s keep questions in the bus and random thoughts thank you. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Can you please stop asking questions in literally every forum!! Either you post actual information or correct an information. Let’s keep questions in the bus and random thoughts thank you. 

Well how do exactly expect things to get done and everyone to be on the same page without questions being raised? Don't be absurd, that's not how things work. 

3 minutes ago, Joel Powers said:

Well how do exactly expect things to get done and everyone to be on the same page without questions being raised? Don't be absurd, that's not how things work. 

Expect what to get done exactly? You have not incorporated anything to these forums other than redundant questions. The only person being absurd is you. Only person who needs to be on the same page is you. Not going to argue with you, carry on. 

3 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Expect what to get done exactly? You have not incorporated anything to these forums other than redundant questions. The only person being absurd is you. Only person who needs to be on the same page is you. Not going to argue with you, carry on. 

Not worth my time.

8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

3837, 3844, 3867, 3881-3883, 3891, 3893, 3934, 4118, 4125, 4273 all retired from OF depot. 

3542, 3620. OOS. Believed to be retired at LGA.  @T J Trainman need confirmation on this please.  

I see they are getting busy with the Next Generation Hybrid retirements. I was under the impression they did mass scrap moves on weekends, but I suppose not judging by this update. Strange that there are still #6800s and #6900s still in service at Queens Village Depot meanwhile #4300s-4500s are retiring in mass though.

24 minutes ago, Joel Powers said:

I see they are getting busy with the Next Generation Hybrid retirements. I was under the impression they did mass scrap moves on weekends, but I suppose not judging by this update. Strange that there are still #6800s and #6900s still in service at Queens Village Depot meanwhile #4300s-4500s are retiring in mass though.

Only the 2008 NG's and the worst of the 09 NG's are being retired on the NYCT side (mostly to salvage them for parts. 3967 comes to mind as a rear panel of the bus was re-purposed for 4102). QV is down to about 20 OG Hybrids, so they're around until enough 8800s are delivered. Also, buses aren't only suddenly retired in mass on weekends.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

20 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Only the 2008 NG's and the worst of the 09 NG's are being retired on the NYCT side (mostly to salvage them for parts. 3967 comes to mind as a rear panel of the bus was re-purposed for 4102). QV is down to about 20 OG Hybrids, so they're around until enough 8800s are delivered. Also, buses aren't only suddenly retired in mass on weekends.

Not historically, I just noticed that with the NG hybrids until recently. It's also interesting how none of MTA bus company's original NG hybrids have been retired yet (as in #4020-4039, #4140-4169, #4483-4512, and #46311-4655. Not the ex-NYCTA units).

19 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

6844-6846, 6855, 6862, 6865, 6876, 6881, 6897, 6900. Queens Village to SCRAP. 

That leaves around 18 OG O7 hybrids left from Queens Village and indeed NYCT. Could all be gone possibly by this time next month assuming the LFS order and the displaced NG hybrids increase in number.