MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/2/2022 at 12:48 PM, OpenBVEFan1 said:

Can anyone confirm if the following LFSAs are retired?
All of these units are out of Gun Hill btw:
1212 - 9/2 - Bx22
1223 - 8/23 - Bx22
1231 - 8/22 - Bx5
1257 - 9/13 
1265 - 9/21 - Bx22
1272 - 6/28
Thanks!

1257 is back on the road, just spotted it on the 12 a few minutes ago.

1265 ran yesterday.

As for the others, unless someone has spotted them at Eastchester scrap or Zerega, its safe to assume that the other units are oos. I do recommend not relying on the trackers as those can be deceiving in terms on relying on them for a unit's status or last run date.

On 9/29/2022 at 6:18 PM, R32 3838 said:

I rather (MTA) bus keep their Old gens and not let get leftover Junk for TA/MABSTOA. They been sending buses that are shot to shit to (MTA) bus for years. The new LFS are coming in soon anyway. Imo it's a waste of money. It's funny how TA want to keep the 2010 Next gens while giving (MTA) bus the 2008-2009 units. The MDBF on all the orion VIIs are shit anyway so these swaps are pointless.

The OGs are showing their age and should be retired. Many of the 3800-3959 series of buses have been retired and the ones at MTAB should be all out.  The rest of the NGs should be retired as well.  They're horrible.  A lot of them have electrical issues with them as well as suspension problems plus they are breaking down.  I can't wait until we get newer buses. 

On 10/6/2022 at 11:42 PM, The Grizzly Bear said:

The OGs are showing their age and should be retired. Many of the 3800-3959 series of buses have been retired and the ones at MTAB should be all out.  The rest of the NGs should be retired as well.  They're horrible.  A lot of them have electrical issues with them as well as suspension problems plus they are breaking down.  I can't wait until we get newer buses. 

The problem is you're getting high mileage replacements from the NYCT Bus side.  Because these buses have put in lots of extra miles as Bustitutions when subway routes are out.   

On 10/6/2022 at 5:40 PM, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

1257 is back on the road, just spotted it on the 12 a few minutes ago.

1265 ran yesterday.

As for the others, unless someone has spotted them at Eastchester scrap or Zerega, its safe to assume that the other units are oos. I do recommend not relying on the trackers as those can be deceiving in terms on relying on them for a unit's status or last run date.

All these are still active. The only 2010 Nova LFSA that has been recently scrapped is 1224 from GUNH.

5 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Could it be a possible transfer to MTABC or is it retired indefinitely?

Unit has been plagued with issues since 6/1/22 when it was last in revenue service on the B44. Ever since there's been extensive maintenance done to the bus to no avail.

Unit is retired indefinitely and farebox spotted on a 2022 XD40 unit.