MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

It’s interesting how they are holding on to those buses for dear life. I’m surprised they haven’t retire them already or transfer them to BP or JFK since they have the remaining Orion VII OG’s.

They're probably being kept for driver preferences. A lot of ppl don't like the next gens, including bus operators.

8 minutes ago, Iron Valiant said:

If that were the case, they would have more than just two.

I know some employees get certain privileges when they've worked with the company for a long time, which is why I named that as a possibility. I could be wrong though.

Maybe they're waiting for all the new flyers that went for training to come back, then they'll retire those last two old gens since they would have enough next gens. Idk I'm just guessing. 🤷‍♂️

34 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Those two old gens are probably still around cause they are good performers, might have been better performers than the NGs that have already been retired from LGA.

That did cross my mind before. A good chunk of those next gens at LGA (& MTAB in general) are former NYCT units with high mileage. This would explain why the NGs keep getting retired when you still have OGs roaming around (the ones at LGA are oddballs at this point even if they share common parts with the NGs).

* 3534: Far Rockaway/JFK retired from service. 

Edited by Calvin
Also for recap and rosters clarification: 2223 and 3257 are active in their express fleet after months of repairs at Grand Av.

• 2 weeks later...