MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not post anything listed for scrap unless we are absolutely certain that it is listed to be.  So much misinformation being posted and can be rather confusing.  If there are parts are off of the bus then it is listed for scrap.  Radios and fareboxes can be pulled and replaced back into the buses if needed.  The OGs should be first out the door right now.  If the NGs are getting scrapped then they have a major issue with them.

Edited by The Grizzly Bear

On 6/21/2023 at 7:05 PM, The Grizzly Bear said:

4378 is not scrap.  It is in service.  4245 from LGA is now listed for scrap.  

4245 is yet to be transferred to Eastchester Scrap. The unit is currently at LaGuardia as a parts bus.

Also, 4175 is also yet to be transferred to Eastchester Scrap. That unit is also at LaGuardia, possibly used as a parts bus,

IMG_2884.png?width=816&height=612

Edited by RSMG106

20 minutes ago, Novabus 5000 said:

Not true. The MTA posted photos today of it still at UP. 

Interesting. Usually when an incident like this occurs, a bus would head to Eastchester for reports.

Edited by RSMG106

6 hours ago, Novabus 5000 said:

Not true. The MTA posted photos today of it still at UP. 

Is it at the Ulmer Park when you posted it? I ask because the link I posted AND confirmed by Eyewitness News at 11 that same reporter was at Eastchester. I can tell by the car passing by (which was kind of high if it was at Ulmer Park) AND that giant...tall billboard (which was shown during the 11 PM newscast) above the bus itself with other buses. Just saying based on the news report...BUT if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. No worries.

Edited by The TransitMan

19 minutes ago, The TransitMan said:

Is it at the Ulmer Park when you posted it? I ask because the link I posted AND confirmed by Eyewitness News at 11 that same reporter was at Eastchester. I can tell by the car passing by (which was kind of high if it was at Ulmer Park) AND that giant...tall billboard (which was shown during the 11 PM newscast) above the bus itself with other buses. Just saying based on the news report...BUT if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. No worries.

Just checked the EXFI of the photos on Flickr and the time the photos were taken was around 10 AM at Eastchester. In some shots, you can see the other coaches pending scrap there.

The newscast in the link provided does end on the note that the bus is repairable. Whether or not the MTA will bother doing the repair is another question.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

21 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

5928 (KB) was involved in an incident with a car crashing into the rear of the bus. I send all prayers to the people who were injured for a full recovery.

71185334010__2EF3038F-6294-4260-8831-D08

The driver of the minivan ran past several red lights before crashing onto the Bx9. The driver was saved by people and family who were in the area, and he's well known as the driver lives nearby. Aside from the driver, 3 people from the bus and 3 from a sedan that was in front of the Nova had minor injuries. All are expected to be fine, even the driver of the minivan.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

3125: College Point MCI to scrap at Eastchester. No farebox spotted by the thruway lot.

* And a little note, majority of the 2009 Next Generation units reflected to this list as scrap have been removed from the system. The yard has no Next Gens sitting at the lot minus a ex Hale unit out there.

Edited by Calvin

30 minutes ago, Calvin said:

4687: CS unit retired, prep for scrap to ECH. 

5497: out of service due to unit that caught fire during midnight at 14 St and 3rd Av. 

With fire damage like that, I don't think that will be in service anymore. It may get scrapped.